Han & Luke as Stormtroopers PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canceled because money was tight this month with Vader. But, now I am so glad I did. I would be pissed if I paid for these.

When I opened mine I was very upset. Both chest and abdomen pieces look like crap the paint chip off. The paint on Han’s helmet is also chip. I called SS and told them it’s going to be about 10 days before anyone from SS gets to me. For $220 bucks and all the problems I’m reading about I think SS is going to take a loss on this one.

Someone did a pretty good custom over at RS forums. Making Luke shorter looks fairly easy, I wonder why SS didn't take the minute to do it.

photo_5_4.jpg

It's painfully clear that SSC doesn't care about quality controll. Paint apps issues have been littering these boards and Sideshow's Q+A section for years. Once they have your money, your at their mercy, and then have to deal with the return issues. I'm sorry to say that I think I'm done with this line for now, Can't handle the stress from the anticipation, only to be let down. I think I'll concentrate on customizing, scratchbuilds, and dios from now on.

:monkey2

SS is probably not even bothered about the way these figures turned out, let alone being pissed. If they are, then SS won't be shipping these to customers in the first place.

It's painfully clear that SSC doesn't care about quality controll. Paint apps issues have been littering these boards and Sideshow's Q+A section for years. Once they have your money, your at their mercy, and then have to deal with the return issues. I'm sorry to say that I think I'm done with this line for now, Can't handle the stress from the anticipation, only to be let down. I think I'll concentrate on customizing, scratchbuilds, and dios from now on.

:monkey2

You know, I bet they have multiple plants in China painting these, OR a single factory that may have one or two quality control careless employees. Who knows. Regardless of what has caused the painting errors, SS got thousands of these in their warehouse and they have been working rather quickly to get these into our hot little hands (I have still not received mine due to a Fed Ex Snafu.)

There is no way SS has time to individually inspect each one to make sure they are in good shape. All they can do is make right by us by exchanging (admittedly a frustrating experience). If I had a scoreboard, I have seen more clean, good examples of this set then sets with screwed up paint. It has ALWAYs been consumer history that people who get what they expect go on their merry way and don't complain, where as we tend to complain a lot more when something is out of sorts.

If you get a bad set, SS will replace it. If you get a good set, sing it's praises (like over at Jedi Temple Archives https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4975). In any event, I would suggest putting yourselves in the shoes of those who typically work so hard to bring us quality products and remember that every business and every person has thier off days from the sculptors, the buyers, the shippers, the assembly line manufactures, the painters, the customer service reps, and yes...even the delivery people.

Cut em some slack and if you genuinely think that you can do a better job (as so many forum members seem to think) then write out a well throughout business plan that you could guarantee would keep mistakes from happening and post it here. I bet fortune 500 companies will be beating down your door in seconds.

You know, I bet they have multiple plants in China painting these, OR a single factory that may have one or two quality control careless employees. Who knows. Regardless of what has caused the painting errors, SS got thousands of these in their warehouse and they have been working rather quickly to get these into our hot little hands (I have still not received mine due to a Fed Ex Snafu.)

There is no way SS has time to individually inspect each one to make sure they are in good shape. All they can do is make right by us by exchanging (admittedly a frustrating experience). If I had a scoreboard, I have seen more clean, good examples of this set then sets with screwed up paint. It has ALWAYs been consumer history that people who get what they expect go on their merry way and don't complain, where as we tend to complain a lot more when something is out of sorts.

If you get a bad set, SS will replace it. If you get a good set, sing it's praises (like over at Jedi Temple Archives https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4975). In any event, I would suggest putting yourselves in the shoes of those who typically work so hard to bring us quality products and remember that every business and every person has thier off days from the sculptors, the buyers, the shippers, the assembly line manufactures, the painters, the customer service reps, and yes...even the delivery people.

Cut em some slack and if you genuinely think that you can do a better job (as so many forum members seem to think) then write out a well throughout business plan that you could guarantee would keep mistakes from happening and post it here. I bet fortune 500 companies will be beating down your door in seconds.

Problem is, quality control issues like the ones reported on these figures seem to happen on Sideshow figures more often then products from companies like Hot Toys. It was acceptable when these figures were 40-60 bucks a pop but paying Hot toys level prices brings the expectation of Hot Toys level quality.

To be fair, mine seem to have turned out okay except for a light case of pink-eye on Luke (I have not inspected these myself though so I am not sure). However, the seeming number of paint problems is more than should exist for a product of this price and low production numbers (they are limited enough where each figure COULD be conceivably inspected before being sent out).

While I want to cut them some slack, I do think it is time that Sideshow upped their game in providing consistent paint apps at least.

Check out that slop from the hair on the forehead. I wonder who's painting these things?

cheetapainting.jpg

:rolleyes:

I swear to God, I almost wet myself when I saw this. Sorry it's happened to you, hope you got it sorted but you really really have to laugh. One of life's WTF moments.:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

D

Back