Han ANH repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jabba WIP
Picked up a Jabba for a song, and immediately got to work in trying paint it to be (hopefully) screen accurate. Looking at the movie and pics, there's a lot more orange on his massive mug, and loads more green on his gut and body. Here's the reference, the original SS and the beginning of the repaint.
PICT0032.jpg

Original, with only gloss added
PICT0027.jpg

Gloss off, acrylic on
PICT0030.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant work, simply love it. It's hard to tell from the pics, but might I suggest adding a little bit of depth to the hair. The face paint is so beautiful with all the variation of flesh tones, but the hair looks a little flat to me. Again, maybe it's the pics?

Here's a better pic of hair in daylight, its particularly sunny today.
Han was the first, and so suffered from a lot on the job learning.
PICT0039.jpg

hun.jpg

Jabba's corpulent mass is coming along.
PICT0033.jpg

Blocking in colour before detailing his folds of fatty girth
PICT0037-1.jpg

on un unrelated note, just got my hands on a speeder, and dressed up Rotj Luke in Leia's kit, before kicking her to the curb. Even though Luke's outfit is tan camo, it doesn't look too bad.

PICT0005-3.jpg

Now all he needs is two Scouts alongside to recreate this scene.
I am determined to make it happen. Nothing but fleabay will stop me.
4622550923_05b514d46e_b.jpg

Cheers mate! very kind of you to say so.
We're just winging it, and hoping for the best!

Hey, feroze! If you haven't done this already - you might want to unroll that poncho on the back of the speeder, it should be Luke's correct one. Mine was on the Leia bike, at least.

Nice work on Jabba, BTW!

on un unrelated note, just got my hands on a speeder, and dressed up Rotj Luke in Leia's kit, before kicking her to the curb. Even though Luke's outfit is tan camo, it doesn't look too bad.

PICT0005-3.jpg

you are totally right!
:slapthat bugged the crap out of me! Awesome!
thanks ChibiSchmoo!

Yeah, I've had bad experiences with ink, never as permanent as you'd want it to be, the only failsafe way to go is to imitate the pro's by using a small brush, with acrylic, and then sealing.

Back