3D-printed Accessories & Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How2TrainKaiju

Super Freak
Reaction score
After recently acquiring a Predator statue that came with two heads and two right hands, I decided to experiment with using a 3d printer to make stands. I'd like to be able to share ideas, print files, and expand into possibly one day making new accessories and statue add-ons.

The AVP movies established that the Predators are linked to the building of Mesoamerican pyramids. I decided to start there for my first print, for use as a head stand.

First attempt was a plain pyramid.
wolf_head-stand-1.jpg

I went for weathered stone, and it looks ok next to the P1 LSB.
The top is a bit too wide, and the dreads slightly rub against it.
wolf_head-stand-2.jpg

Opted for some symbols with my 2nd attempt, with a narrower top and plenty of room for the dreads.
wolf_head-stand-3.jpg

Experimented with copper and aqua metal.
wolf_head-stand-4.jpg

When the peg hole proved too small, rubbing the paint, I made a final pyramid with more symbols and chrome weathering. I also made a skull stand for the hands.
wolf_head-stand-5.jpg

Just for fun. Going to paint this egg and add slime. If I like it more, it'll be my new stand for the Wolf hands.
alien-egg.jpg

Finally, I printed some test stands for the Lobo PF heads. Going to paint one this weekend.
logo_head-stand-1.jpg

Incredible. I take it that it prints it a plain color and you painted all of them? Great work.

You should offer a service for stands. I would buy even generic black painted square stands for my extra portraits.
Examples would be for:
Sideshow Terminator 1 premium format Arnold portraits stand
Saruman Premium Format hand stand.
Endless possibilities. We could measure pieces etc for you.

How much was the printer? Looks great.

Incredible. I take it that it prints it a plain color and you painted all of them? Great work.

Thanks. And, yes, they print in single colors. Some printers can do multiple colors, but I just use black PLA filament.

You should offer a service for stands. - How much was the printer?

If the printer were mine alone I certainly would. It's a community printer we got at work for the creative types to use for personal stuff. At the moment, I'm limited to a couple of prints a week. Making things for friends or interested parties just takes planning.

As for the machine itself, it's a Makerbot Replicator 2X. Straight from Makerbot they go for $2500 USD.

Egg's done!
alien-egg-2.jpg

alien-egg-3.jpg

I'm getting a cheap 3D printer soon so I'd love to try to make some of these. I don't think the print quality will be as good though.

That egg looks freaking awesome. Looks good enough to display with figures too.

I'm getting a cheap 3D printer soon so I'd love to try to make some of these. I don't think the print quality will be as good though.

Sweet! Let me know when you have it up and running. I can share all of my STL files with you. I also suggest checking out Thingiverse for tons of free renders, as well as Tinekrcad. The latter has free renders, but you can also make, share, and modify everything you find.

That egg looks freaking awesome. Looks good enough to display with figures too.

Much thanks. I am really happy with how it turned out. Looking over photos online, there are so many different renditions. Green, gray, brown, tan, etc. The shapes and textures change a lot, too. I just went with what color I personally liked. Planning to print some closed eggs and maybe find a small toy hugger and make it look like a nest surrounding Wolf.

Back