Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt. I would pee if Sideshow did that to the ROTS helm..... well not literally.... I think.

One thing is for sure. Sideshow have really stepped up their game with the helmet details. If the finished product looks anything like the pictures, it's a definite home run. I plan on displaying them with the helmets in their hands. As far the helmets not fitting over the heads....if they were to fit over the heads they'd be regular Stormtroopers!

One thing is for sure. Sideshow have really stepped up their game with the helmet details. If the finished product looks anything like the pictures, it's a definite home run. I plan on displaying them with the helmets in their hands. As far the helmets not fitting over the heads....if they were to fit over the heads they'd be regular Stormtroopers!

True that... :chew Hopefully, they have some from their PR dept always looking for our input and taking it to RD... :monkey5

So far, SS took everyone by surprise on this piece. I dont think anyone was expecting the helmet to be so detail...

So true! Its about time SSC took their rightful place as kings of 1/6th collecting!!!! And I for one am willing to pay the price. If I can give it to HTs, then I certainly can fork it over for SSC.

Hope this is a sign of even more great "WOW" factor products and accessories to come!:banana Cause those helmets take the cake!

They should be wearable or swappable. Why did the Boushh figure come with a Leia head and a Boushh helmet head? Because Leia was wearing the Boushh helmet in the movie.

They should be wearable or swappable. Why did the Boushh figure come with a Leia head and a Boushh helmet head? Because Leia was wearing the Boushh helmet in the movie.

Meh. Except SSC didn't release a helmeted Boushh seperately like they did the stormtrooper.

Anyone that wants a helmeted stormtrooper can go buy the regular stormtrooper.

The helmet details are a really cool bonus that I didn't anticipate, but now that I see it, wouldn't trade it.

The thing with Bouush/Leia was that it was a stand alone character, you couldn't have one with out the other. Plus with Han and Luke, if you really wanted to you could always get a spare helmet and neckpost and have an easy "fix" if you will.

If you can figure out a way to detail the inside of the helmet the way Sideshow has and still manage to make it wearable without giving the figures pin sized heads, go to it.

Or you could just buy a stormtrooper. :rolleyes:

Well I can see we have a difference of opinion.

They wore the helmets longer than they held them in their hands in the movie.

It is not a stormtrooper disguise if they are not wearing the helmets.

Well how would you get around the problem of being able to actually fit their heads in detailed helms without compromising scale??

Clearly sideshow meant the helmets insides to be seen, not worn.

In my original post I pointed out the Indiana Jones figure. It came with the hatless head, the head wearing the hat, and the hat.

I agree that there is no way to make the helmet fit over the head while still making it look to scale. My point was they should include a way to display the helmets on the figure. A stand alone helmet on a neck post. Go all out with these figures.

These aren't static pose statues, they are still poseable/action figures.

I guess that we are all entitled to our opinions and preferences. I'd rather have a unwearable helmet with AMAZING detail than one that fits and has none....PLUS how do we know that they still WON'T come with swappable heads???

I think the high price expectations will prove true, and not saying that's unfair, I think it makes sense. The level of detail in the helmets they've done is really something.

I will say, it'd be awesome if somehow SSC could do a ROTJ Vader reveal where the face plate has all the interior detail seen in ROTS.

As long as its two seperate heads. ;) :lol

In my original post I pointed out the Indiana Jones figure. It came with the hatless head, the head wearing the hat, and the hat.

I agree that there is no way to make the helmet fit over the head while still making it look to scale. My point was they should include a way to display the helmets on the figure. A stand alone helmet on a neck post. Go all out with these figures.

These aren't static pose statues, they are still poseable/action figures.

I wouldn't MIND another head to put on the figure. BUT I'm not interested in paying $20 more for them. Therefore, I prefer the choice they made.

IF the had included a dummy head for a wearable helmet it would have prolly priced it out of their target pricing.

IF the had included a dummy head for a wearable helmet it would have prolly priced it out of their target pricing.

Honestly if its that big of a deal to someone... just stuff cotton balls in the Luke or Han Helmet and place on the headless figure :lol

Or buy a loose one of Toy Anxiety if you want to drop the extra scratch.

It's not about displaying it with the helmet on the head really. I just don't get the point of sculpting the inside of a helmet when you can't really display it where you can see in the helmet good anyway. Also if you put the helmet on the figure it isn't just a regular Stormtrooper. I would know it is Luke and Han inside them. I could take the helmet off and on and show people how cool the figure is. Kenner did it with the toys back in the day and Hasbro still does it today. Removable helmets that can be worn are cool.

I guess I just expect these things to be fully functional. An accessory they can actually use.

It's not about displaying it with the helmet on the head really. I just don't get the point of sculpting the inside of a helmet when you can't really display it where you can see in the helmet good anyway. Also if you put the helmet on the figure it isn't just a regular Stormtrooper. I would know it is Luke and Han inside them. I could take the helmet off and on and show people how cool the figure is. Kenner did it with the toys back in the day and Hasbro still does it today. Removable helmets that can be worn are cool.

I guess I just expect these things to be fully functional. An accessory they can actually use.

You can't do it that way. Both Kenner and Hasbro's Hand & Luke had huge helmets that weren't/aren't to scale with the bodies. As for the detailed helmets, why is that even really an issue? It's an accessory. The main focus should be on the figures proper who sport some pretty awesome headsculpts. If you want two stormtroopers, Sideshow still has some available. If you want Han & Luke, well, here ya go! :huh

Back