Halo Combat Evolved HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Apparently, the oft-rumoured HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved is set to launch in time for this holiday season, according to a report on Joystiq gleaned from anonymous sources that state the re-release will be much more than just a simple remastering with high-definition visuals.

Allegedly under development at the New Jersey-based Saber Interactive - the studio behind TimeShift and Namco's forthcoming Inversion - Halo: Combat Evolved HD will utilise an engine other than the Halo: Reach one, and will have all-new art assets. There will also be support for later Halo controller configurations too.

Halo: Combat Evolved HD is one of two Halo titles being developed under the supervision of 343 Industries - the new custodians of the Halo franchise - and it will reportedly support full 1080p HD and 3D televisions. Audio is unlikely to change and multiplayer is currently being figured out, with the possibility of online co-op where the original game featured two-player splitscreen.

If this report turns out to be legitimate, Halo: Combat Evolved HD will be coming to Xbox 360 on November 15th, 2011, perfectly timed for the game's 10th anniversary, as the original launched on the same day in 2001 alongside the first Xbox.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7472-Report---Halo--Combat-Evolved-HD-Coming-in-November.html

Still one my favorite games regardless of genre... And the sole purpose I got the original xBox. I even liked it on the PC.
Wouldn't mind a bit to play it a few times over in HD...

I wish it originally had achievements

Lol...heck yeah. This is on my "need now" list. I spent many, many nights playing co-op in the barracks with my squadmates getting our drink on. Especially when we got the Gamespy Tunnel service working so we could play online.

Never played Combat Evolved so I'm in for this. As long as I can 4 player Co-Op on Live like the others I'm good.

Never played Combat Evolved so I'm in for this. As long as I can 4 player Co-Op on Live like the others I'm good.

You never played Halo 1? Damn Mike. :monkey2

I wish with this they would just find a way to make an update that adds it for those of us who have the xbox disc.

:lol I know but I didn't get into Halo until Halo 2 was fairly old and right before Halo 3 launched. As long as there is a multiplayer formatting that is more important to me than the actual campaign. I haven't even finished the campaign for Reach because I prefer getting online.

You have made me sad Mike. You need to play Halo 1 and finish the campaign on both it and Reach. Such awesomeness.

Back