Halloween (spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Again, the pointless showing off of Zombie's wife is a definite low point for me."

MaulFan, How can you say such things!!!! I LOVE the fact that Sheri is in the movies! She is a great actress! She did a great job as Baby Firefly in House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects! I hope to see her in the movie biz for a long time. :D

He was referring to the strip club sequence and how Rob was pointlessly showing off Sheri's body. He wasn't referring to her casting. Just the half-naked flaunting.

He was referring to the strip club sequence and how Rob was pointlessly showing off Sheri's body. He wasn't referring to her casting. Just the half-naked flaunting.

yes its pretty strange as well. have you seen publicity shots of them?? they barely hold hands. its a known fact that rob doesn't like to show PDA with her, but he has no problem showing off her T&A in his movies.

~~great now that people have started to see the movie i can really start to talk about the movie. alright... its been mentioned so i'll say it again... transitioning?? where is it?? don't know but definitely in this movie.while watching the copy that i have :cool: there were a couple scenes that i had to rewind a couple times because i thought i missed something only to find out no it was lack of proper usage of this tool. and yes i acknowledge and agree that this version of the movie is about michael myers and his story not laurie, but to lazily not even bother to give her some kind of buildup of a background is just dumb. she said it herself when michael handed her the picture of the two of them in the end.... "i dont understand"
ok i also really love dr loomis... how he also shows sign of wearing down. if you look at his appearance in the 15 years later scene when he tells michael that he will not be coming back. he looks physically and emotionally broken down from trying to reach him. and i love the way mcdowell uses his dialogue in the movie...the speech at the university that he is giving with the eyes behind him was very good, and IMO should have been repeated at the end of the movie when it showed michael lying on the ground.
~~~look at it this way... its better than part 3.

I will say this tho' - she looked the part. 40-ish stripper that looks like she's got a lot of mileage on her - yeah. I know crying scenes are hard but it wasn't working for her.

I did NOT say this:

"Again, the pointless showing off of Zombie's wife is a definite low point for me."

This is what I wrote:

MaulFan, How can you say such things!!!! I LOVE the fact that Sheri is in the movies! She is a great actress! She did a great job as Baby Firefly in House Of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects! I hope to see her in the movie biz for a long time. :D

Like SithLord said, I wasn't stating any issue with her acting or anything of that sort, I thought that was fine, it was just the whole avenue of including the strip club element just came off as nothing but a way to show off her body to the world and really had no bearing on the film plot. Granted Michael's first kill is out of anger at someone breaking his balls about what his mom did, but that could have been covered without filmed material showing her there is all. There are many plot moments in film where it's not relevant and could have hit the cutting room floor, but it really gets to me when you know it was left in for some pointless cause.

Like SithLord said, I wasn't stating any issue with her acting or anything of that sort, I thought that was fine, it was just the whole avenue of including the strip club element just came off as nothing but a way to show off her body to the world and really had no bearing on the film plot. Granted Michael's first kill is out of anger at someone breaking his balls about what his mom did, but that could have been covered without filmed material showing her there is all. There are many plot moments in film where it's not relevant and could have hit the cutting room floor, but it really gets to me when you know it was left in for some pointless cause.

They did keep the rape scene out right? I'm taking a younger nephew tonite for his birthday and don't want him to see **** like that.

Please inform and thanks.

Why not show Sheri off? She is great!:D

Why not show Sheri off? She is great!:D

It just seems cheap to me to do something like that. George Lucas had one of his daughters in ROTS and her biggest scene go cut, so even he, someone more likely to push his family, was willing to scrap their appearance for the sake of the film. If the strip club scene really offered something to the movie to justify it's presence then I'd be ok with it, but the film could have been done without it and still been what it was. It felt like HALLOWEEN, We now pause our regularly scheduled program to show off my wife, HALLOWEEN. I don't know, just caught me a bit, but the overall film was very entertaining so I got past it.

I'll add a few more low points that occurred to me. They're more lows based on what could have been in it from the original and weren't. The biggest was the closet scene; I wish Rob had spent more time in the Doyle house and did the closet attack, that's one of the most classic moments with Laurie and Michael from the first. The other is I wish that the conflict between Loomis and Bracket were more like the original, with Loomis seeming to be a quack, that was another strong element of the first film and Loomis' character; he was always more a loner against Michael.

In terms of the strip club I found it hilariously odd that she's riding pole and "Love Hurts" plays in the background (especially since the last time I heard that song it was used in a beer commercial) while Michael is moping on the sidewalk. The strip club scene had a purpose. It wasn't a glamorous or exciting scene at all, it was kind of pathetic and there was nothing great about it but a sad going-through the motions, "this is everyday life" for her type of vibe. I know what Zombie was trying to convey but it still didn't make it any less humorous.

As for the rape scene it's not in the movie btw.

In terms of the strip club I found it hilariously odd that she's riding pole and "Love Hurts" plays in the background (especially since the last time I heard that song it was used in a beer commercial) while Michael is moping on the sidewalk. The strip club scene had a purpose. It wasn't a glamorous or exciting scene at all, it was kind of pathetic and there was nothing great about it but a sad going-through the motions, "this is everyday life" for her type of vibe. I know what Zombie was trying to convey but it still didn't make it any less humorous.

As for the rape scene it's not in the movie btw.

O.K. good, thanks for the info.

Based on what I've read around here about the leaked copy, people would have done themselves a favor not watching it; it seems to ruin perspective on the movie taking away any chance to look favorably on it and the final theatrical print was a nice film I think.

I took a day off from work and went in the afternoon, I love MM films so I've been eagerly awaiting this since it got the green light for production.

it's not the original but the movie is not what you people are making it out to be. It was actually good

The other is I wish that the conflict between Loomis and Bracket were more like the original, with Loomis seeming to be a quack, that was another strong element of the first film and Loomis' character; he was always more a loner against Michael.

exactly. he seemed to sense what was brewing inside of michael's head, but nobody would ever believe him. remember the director's cut of the original?? the scene that he was in where they decided against his appeals to have him in a maximum security hospital??

exactly. he seemed to sense what was brewing inside of michael's head, but nobody would ever believe him. remember the director's cut of the original?? the scene that he was in where they decided against his appeals to have him in a maximum security hospital??

Actually that's not a director's cut, it was a limited release copy of the extended TV edition. The scene you're referring to, along with a few more, especially at the sanitarium were shot during the filming of H2 and used to fill in the gaps of edited footage in the TV cut of Halloween. I liked some of the stuff, but one scene was Loomis seeing sister carved into Michael's cell door after the attack, and to me, that was an unneeded element to further Michael's tie to Laurie, but I guess that was the best they could think of for time fillers to make up for what the networks cut for TV.

They are mentioning Halloween on ET (Entertainment Tonight) right now. Its coming up near the end of the show, I wonder what they will say about it?

I saw the film earlier today. I should note that I went into the film without any preconceived notions. I've never even seen a Rob Zombie film, and I was hoping that this remake would be just as good as the original or perhaps even better (the original is great, but it does have its flaws).

Unfortunately, I have to report that the film is, overall, a disappointment. I agree with most of the points that the author of the thread has made. The long exposition with young Michael is not effective, and the rest of the film feels rushed. As a result, there is little to no characterization of the female protagonists. Similarly, there is little to no build-up of suspense. It seems to me that Zombie needs to learn to slow down and take his time to create ATMOSPHERE and TENSION. I also found the use of sound, one of the hallmarks of the original, lacking.

Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the second half of the film somewhat. The visuals are quite good. Michael looks great once he dons his trademark mask, and the actor playing the part conveys the character's strength and brutality well (not to mention the fact that the guy is simply massive).

I suppose the film is worth seeing once, but I was hoping for more. The first half of the film is basically disposable, and the second half features nonstop brutality without a trace of the original's amazing atmosphere.

Back