Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E1WKEQeXMAEpxSC

It'll be interesting to see how much of what's shown makes the actual film or not too, I remember some shots from the 2018 marketing weren't in it, some from a completely alternate ending we've never seen.

Trailer thoughts

They showed way too much way way too much don’t watch it if you don’t want to know all of the kills.

Cgi of burning house behind him on the porch was really bad but it improved after that.

So the rumors were true they are going full on with the Rob Zombie style violence which makes sense after all of the complaints of the first one being pretty flat with the boring kills.

Got a little bit of the Halloween 4 vibe with the town rising up against him.

I already like this better than the crappy first one but holy crap did they show alot :slap

I wasn't a big fan of Halloween 2018 but this looks much more promising imo (at least the most annoying characters from 2018 are dead). I really liked the nod to H3 with the masks and for some reason Michael had kind of a H2 vibe going which is cool. The trailer definitely showed a lot but I'm at least they didn't show any of the 78 flashback stuff. I just watched the trailer again and realized that's Anthony Michael Hall (Tommy Doyle) with the baseball bat towards the end.:lol

Last edited:
Trailer was very spoilery but maybe that's to get people to go see it in theaters after all the covid delays. I hope it's good and I agree about the town uprising against the Shape being a callback to 4. 1 and 4 are my favorites in the series.

Trailer was very spoilery but maybe that's to get people to go see it in theaters after all the covid delays. I hope it's good and I agree about the town uprising against the Shape being a callback to 4. 1 and 4 are my favorites in the series.
1 and 4 are my favorites as well. I recognize '78 as the superior movie but 4 is a helluva lot of fun and the spooky, Halloween/Fall atmosphere can't be touched. It also has some solid characters, as well as the best Loomis moments other than '78. It holds a great deal of nostalgia for me since I was in High School when it came out and seemed more relevant to me at the time. There's one thing that can't ever be improved upon or replaced in the series and that's the character of Dr. Loomis. Donald Pleasence added so much to the franchise.

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Halloween 2018 but this looks much more promising imo (at least the most annoying characters from 2018 are dead). I really liked the nod to H3 with the masks and for some reason Michael had kind of a H2 vibe going which is cool. The trailer definitely showed a lot but I'm at least they didn't show any of the 78 flashback stuff. I just watched the trailer again and realized that's Anthony Michael Hall (Tommy Doyle) with the baseball bat towards the end.:lol

I just read a snippet about those on Facebook:

Seno E. Krueger -
Trick or Treat Studios Fan Club

5 hrs ·

Confirmed by Don Post Studios account itself that the H3 masks you see in the trailer is indeed TOTS H3 masks! You guys are doing great!

1 and 4 are my favorites as well. I recognize '78 as the superior movie but 4 is a helluva lot of fun and the spooky, Halloween/Fall atmosphere can't be touched. It also has some solid characters, as well as the best Loomis moments other than '78. It holds a great deal of nostalgia for me since I was in High School when it came out and seemed more relevant to me at the time. There's one thing that can't ever be improved upon or replaced in the series and that's the character of Dr. Loomis. Donald Pleasence added so much to the franchise.
I agree. Pleasance as Loomis was perfect casting. 4 had the aggressive Myer's and a really driven Loomis pursuing him. Depends on my mood which becomes the favorite out of the 2. I was in 8th grade when 4 came out so really noticed alot of the characterization at the time.

The Shape/Boogeyman is now officially retired seeing as Michael has went full on New Blood Jason.

As a sequel to Halloween 2018 it's absolutely fine and I'm genuinely looking forward to it BUT my official timeline on Halloween starts and ends with Halloween '78.

This movie is just another 'what if' (alot of them tbh 😂) timeline.

The Shape/Boogeyman is now officially retired seeing as Michael has went full on New Blood Jason.

As a sequel to Halloween 2018 it's absolutely fine and I'm genuinely looking forward to it BUT my official timeline on Halloween starts and ends with Halloween '78.

This movie is just another 'what if' (alot of them tbh 😂) timeline.
Here let me break down the Halloween series.

H78: Masterpiece

Everything after 78: Different Levels of Crap but Crap Nonetheless.

The Shape exists only in 78 never to be seen ever again.

i’ll still be there opening night for this though so there is that lol

Last edited:
Back