Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
109315424_354424158878630_9175525672167903062_n.jpg

Late to the party but here's my thoughts. Not the worst sequel ever but not that good either. Unlike the original, I felt Michael had no real focus on his victims. He just wandered from house to house being a brute. I liked how in the original he was reliving his sister's, who was babysitting him in '63, murder over and over again. He had specific targets. Climax would have been better if he at least killed one of the Strodes. Overall a meh entry.

Late to the party but here's my thoughts. Not the worst sequel ever but not that good either. Unlike the original, I felt Michael had no real focus on his victims. He just wandered from house to house being a brute. I liked how in the original he was reliving his sister's, who was babysitting him in '63, murder over and over again. He had specific targets. Climax would have been better if he at least killed one of the Strodes. Overall a meh entry.

I responded in the Rate the last movie you watched thread.

I see what you are saying more in this thread with regards to the focus of MM.

According to John Carpenter MM was never supposed to be all that focused but they way he was chasing Lorie there is no question that he was.

He seemed to be on an aimless killing spree in the 2018 film.

I did and did not like it. Personally I was glad they did a retcon of the Lorie is his sister / he only goes after family.. That was really boring. Worked for Halloween II and that was about it.

I did like how Lorie's daughter did the whole crying thing from the basement about not being able to do it and that was when Michael showed himself and then she took the shot. I like that he was baited.. That there was something going on in his head and that he was actually a bit more "evil" by being willing to come after an defenseless victim.

Like you though I hated the Dr. Twist.. Awful.

I liked the movie more then you though.

Halloween Rankings.

HALLOWEEN - 10/10 - All time Great

Rest are ranked on a Halloween scale :lol

HALLOWEEN II - 7.5/10
HALLOWEEN 2018 - 7/10
HALLOWEEN H20 - 6/10
HALLOWEEN 4 - 4.5/10
HALLOWEEN 5 - 4/10
RZ HALLOWEEN II (TC) - 4/10
HALLOWEEN: Curse of Michael Myers - 3.5/10
RZ HALLOWEEN (TC) - 3/10
HALLOWEEN RESURECTION - 0/10 - I really stand by that rating of 0. Nothing redeemable in that film.

HALLOWEEN III - Does not really count but Ill give it a 4/10

There were some good elements in H18. I really liked the first 10 minutes or so. I kind of wish they had just cut all the crap with the teenagers and made the 2 british people making a documentary about Michael main characters. Have them team with Laurie and that Sheriff guy and you have a pretty decent movie. But once they got killed off the movie never quite recovered.

I also wish they had kept H2 as part of the canon.

I responded in the Rate the last movie you watched thread.

I see what you are saying more in this thread with regards to the focus of MM.

According to John Carpenter MM was never supposed to be all that focused but they way he was chasing Lorie there is no question that he was.

He seemed to be on an aimless killing spree in the 2018 film.

I did and did not like it. Personally I was glad they did a retcon of the Lorie is his sister / he only goes after family.. That was really boring. Worked for Halloween II and that was about it.

I did like how Lorie's daughter did the whole crying thing from the basement about not being able to do it and that was when Michael showed himself and then she took the shot. I like that he was baited.. That there was something going on in his head and that he was actually a bit more "evil" by being willing to come after an defenseless victim.

Like you though I hated the Dr. Twist.. Awful.

I liked the movie more then you though.

Halloween Rankings.

HALLOWEEN - 10/10 - All time Great

Rest are ranked on a Halloween scale :lol

HALLOWEEN II - 7.5/10
HALLOWEEN 2018 - 7/10
HALLOWEEN H20 - 6/10
HALLOWEEN 4 - 4.5/10
HALLOWEEN 5 - 4/10
RZ HALLOWEEN II (TC) - 4/10
HALLOWEEN: Curse of Michael Myers - 3.5/10
RZ HALLOWEEN (TC) - 3/10
HALLOWEEN RESURECTION - 0/10 - I really stand by that rating of 0. Nothing redeemable in that film.

HALLOWEEN III - Does not really count but Ill give it a 4/10

I agree it was better than 4,5,6,7,8 but was left feeling empty after watching it. Funny they put in all these nods to the original while failing at what made the original so good. Take for instance the woman killed with the hammer. Would have been a neat if she smoked a joint or something for a nod to the slasher genre which the original was instrumental in creating. In spite of what Carpenter said about Michael's randomness he certainly did target his victims in the OG. He was methodical, calculating and creepy. First thing he did was go back to the scene of the crime, on the day of the crime, took his sister's grave stone and targeted teenage girls that reminded him of his sister. 2018? Nothing but a random brute(much like Rob Zombie's version). I also don't mind getting rid of Lorie being his actual sister. In the OG it was enough that she reminded him of Judith. This coupled with my other issues with it and the fact that other modern horror movies capture the creepiness/vibes of the OG better than a direct sequel. Didn't Carpenter say this would be the last Halloween sequel? Oh wait Halloween Kills....

halloween-kills-excl-crop.jpg

“This film is about community fear, paranoia, misinformation and crowd panic,” Green tells Empire of Halloween Kills. “This movie is a great popcorn genre movie and not really any kind of statement, but it’s strange how things line up. It couldn’t be a more interesting time to release a movie like this.” And speaking of timeliness, here’s a brand new image from the film, with a dangerous horrifying maniac leaving a white house.

halloween-kills-excl.jpg

Last edited:
Back