Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was ok but some parts were very poorly written.

The whole part at the kid's house with the babysitter and her boyfriend was a real head scratcher.

They couldn't hear him revving up the motorcycle from upstairs yet he could hear her scream from downstairs?

The chick slips and falls like she's a baby deer that's never stood on its own legs before.

Did Michael take the time to get a sheet and cut eye holes in it and place it on the dead body?

Motorcycle was off when she screamed.

Anyone can trip, especially in socks on hardwood.....in a horror film.

Michael already cut holes in a sheet before.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I'm talking about when he's revving up the motorcycle they cut to a shot of the chick talking to the kid and you can't hear the motorcycle at all then after he shuts it off and she screams he hears it plain as day in the garage.

Revving up a motorcycle like that indoors would shake the walls and be way louder than someone screaming so it makes no sense that he could hear her but they couldn't hear him.

Ah I thought you ment he couldn’t hear her!

Cause the bike was off at that point.

Motorcycle was off when she screamed.

Anyone can trip, especially in socks on hardwood.....in a horror film.

Michael already cut holes in a sheet before.....

Dude, anyone can slip on the floor, first was it hardwood? It was very poorly acted and the writing in the whole movie was just atrocious. Anyways, hard to defend bad acting and bad writing. Not sure how pple defend this movie and it's poor decision making. But to each their own. As a fan who grew up in the 70's I was hoping for so much more and got this jumbled mess. It reminds me of Disney star wars so much anticipation and a huge let down. But it is what it is. Peace

Halloween Kills - October 16, 2020

Halloween Ends - October 15, 2021

I can’t wait, if they deliver a cohesive story and keep it as good as this one was, should make a great quadrilogy.

That last one was so awful that it made me feel like committing self-harm.

Obviously I have zero expectations or investment in either of the next two.

Halloween Kills shoot is underway, been about a week, first real photo to come out of it of use, a shot at Nick Castle's costume, the left shoulder shows some burning damage from the end of 2018, be interesting to see what Michael looks like in this movie, bullet tear to the mask, burns on his outfit and presumably mask.

EFAOVRrU4AAd_9s

So there were 3 Shapes, Castle, Courtney and a stunt guy. As I understand, Castle was used for close ups where Michael wasn't really in action, like when Laurie spots him in the house through the window.

Whether he'll do more this time around, who knows, he seems almost the same age as Courtney so not sure why 2 guys, and they still need a stunt guy.

I think Castle was only Myers in the window/mirror shot from everything I've heard. But I'm sure they'll have him back.

Don't forget MM also lost a bunch of fingers so he won't be giving any lefty shockers in this one.

I'm stoked for the sequels. I really warmed up to H2018 on repeat viewings.

MF I saw your post about the soundtrack - I will definitely be double dipping. The OST is savage.

I?ve only watched 18 once and I have no desire to ever watch it again I really think they missed capturing what 78 was all about which is crazy because that was the whole reason of bringing Carpenter back in the first place.

I think I would rather just watch zombies versions just for the sheet brutality and wackiness of it all as slasher movies.

I don?t know maybe i?ll give 18 another chance I am still looking forward to the next two because that?s just the geek in me being the optimists as usual lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
18 is so damn good. It?s a miracle we get that level ?slasher? movie. If they finish a trilogy this strong, it would be absolutely insane. They planted so many good seeds, 18 will probably only get better and better once the sequels are released. I remember being pissed the ?boyfriend? didn?t die. But now it?s like ooOoOo ok I see you Halloween trilogy, I see what your doing. A huge highlight of 18? is the restraint with gore and obsene sex while still being brutal as hell. Easily some of the best twisted dead bodies I?ve seen in horror movies. The movie missteps with the crazy doctor, but it only stings the first viewing. After that he?s actually quite a fun character that helps the pacing. I can?t even begin to think of what the ?hardcore fans? wanted instead of this.

I?ve only watched 18 once and I have no desire to ever watch it again I really think they missed capturing what 78 was all about which is crazy because that was the whole reason of bringing Carpenter back in the first place.

I think I would rather just watch zombies versions just for the sheet brutality and wackiness of it all as slasher movies.

I don?t know maybe i?ll give 18 another chance I am still looking forward to the next two because that?s just the geek in me being the optimists as usual lol

I just can’t get into RZ...he’s so self consciously bonkers that it’s boring to me. Seems like a nice guy tho.

Yeah the rob zombie one is just straight up boring.

Back