Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
343kdht.jpg

Not as fancy as you guys's but it's a sporterized Mauser in 30-06 with a marlin scope. Can't wait to play with it.

That is a thing of beauty. I want to get myself a bolt-action fairly soon. I am weighing a few options. I am hoping to "pull the trigger" (so to speak) in December.

Thanks man I love this thing. The stock has a couple dings here and there but nothing worth bothering me. And it's officially my most powerful gun now.

Man, I'd love to collect guns like you guys, but here in Australia the purchase of guns is extremely highly regulated. To get guns here you need to have a really damn good reason, and you get registered onto the highest government databases for owning even the most simple pistol. Collecting just isn't worth the bureaucratic hurdles you need to go through to be allowed to do it.

Man, I'd love to collect guns like you guys, but here in Australia the purchase of guns is extremely highly regulated. To get guns here you need to have a really damn good reason, and you get registered onto the highest government databases for owning even the most simple pistol. Collecting just isn't worth the bureaucratic hurdles you need to go through to be allowed to do it.

I am sorry to hear that, man. It is so unnecessary to fear firearms the way some people around the world do.

There are bureaucratic hurdles for some of the really good stuff in the U.S. Standard handguns, rifles, shotguns, semi-auto assault rifles, etc. just require a background check -- at least here in Texas. You don't even need a license to carry in your vehicle.

You have to set up a gun trust and go through the ATF to get the fully-automatic stuff and sound suppressors, though. There's a gun shop near my house that sells full-auto and silencers. They also rent out the fully-automatic stuff for use on their indoor range. $60 an hour, plus ammo ... and you can rotate weapons. MP5s, Tommy guns, AK-47s -- the whole nine yards.

Haven't gotten the opportunity, yet -- but the guy next to me last time I took my Kimber and P30 to the range was mowing through tommygun ammo.

SnakeDoc

There are bureaucratic hurdles for some of the really good stuff in the U.S. Standard handguns, rifles, shotguns, semi-auto assault rifles, etc. just require a background check -- at least here in Texas. You don't even need a license to carry in your vehicle.

You have to set up a gun trust and go through the ATF to get the fully-automatic stuff and sound suppressors, though. There's a gun shop near my house that sells full-auto and silencers. They also rent out the fully-automatic stuff for use on their indoor range. $60 an hour, plus ammo ... and you can rotate weapons. MP5s, Tommy guns, AK-47s -- the whole nine yards.

Haven't gotten the opportunity, yet -- but the guy next to me last time I took my Kimber and P30 to the range was mowing through tommygun ammo.

SnakeDoc

In Oklahoma, they have an event called OFASTS - I want so badly to go to one of these. It is the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show. One year they had machine guns on a helicopter that you could pay to go up and shoot. It was done legally, but I was told that it scared so many locals that after that, they couldn't do it any more. But that was OK because then they brought a tank that you could pay to shoot.

Eveything from converted full auto pistols to Tommies to AKs to .50 cals to mini guns. Auto weapons from many different countries. They do it every year.

Go to youtube and do a search for 2012 OFASTS and make sure you check out the night shoot and "kill the car".

Funny enough I went to my LGS's anniversary sale today hoping to land an AK. No luck but I did give in and buy another 1911. They had the Ruger on sale and I couldn't resist.

questo forum mi piace tanto

I really like this forum

che belle statue ci sono qui dentro

Beautiful statues that are here

grandissimo spazio forum

large space forum

complimenti per il bello forum

Congratulations for the nice forum!

Il servizio di traduzione è portato a voi come un servizio pubblico di Darth Cruel. Si prega di sostenere il suo impegno donando generosamente.

This translation service is brought to you as a public service by Darth Cruel. Please support his efforts by donating generously.

I really like this forum

Beautiful statues that are here

large space forum

Congratulations for the nice forum!

Il servizio di traduzione è portato a voi come un servizio pubblico di Darth Cruel. Si prega di sostenere il suo impegno donando generosamente.

This translation service is brought to you as a public service by Darth Cruel. Please support his efforts by donating generously.

:rotfl:yess:

welcome to the forum!

here's my Italian designed / US made Beretta M9 :D

P1050978.jpg

Nice, I always thought about picking one up because of being in the military and getting marksmanship with the M9. Maybe one day, I still have the PPQ 9mm on layaway I think I'm done with 9s after that.

M9 was my first pistol, I love it :love

Got to shoot my new mini-14 for the first time the other night. Had a lot of fun with it, really like shooting that one!

mini14.jpg

Back