Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I went in all set to pick up the XDM .40. I decided to rent the one they had there to make sure I liked it before buying it. Shot about 30 rounds through it and then tried my buddies 9mm. Really, really liked the feel of it. So now I'm not sure what to do.
If you can pick up a couple of hi capacity mags to go with a 9mm, then that would probably be your best option for your hiking/camping needs.

the sad thing is I could have gotten a XD9 a few weeks back for $350 with the kit, but passed because I thought I should hold out for the .40.

That's a good deal. They run low $400's around here. Are you going XD or XDM? Cause the XDM usually runs a $150 or so more than an XD.

That's a good deal. They run low $400's around here. Are you going XD or XDM? Cause the XDM usually runs a $150 or so more than an XD.

XDM is probably what I am going to go with. Gonna hit up the gun show next Saturday and see what they have.

I've put probably close to 1,000 rounds thru my XDM40. Never had a single issue with it. And most of that was with whatever ammo was cheapest at Walmart at the time. :D

So with all this talk about banning assault rifles, if this ever happens after the election...what will happen to ammo for these types of rifles? Will they be unobtainable or just really expensive?

So with all this talk about banning assault rifles, if this ever happens after the election...what will happen to ammo for these types of rifles? Will they be unobtainable or just really expensive?

Good question, and I have no idea. That said I've been hoarding tons of .308 ammo. I've got some thousands of rounds stashed away.

Good question, and I have no idea. That said I've been hoarding tons of .308 ammo. I've got some thousands of rounds stashed away.

same here. fear and uncertainty is what's going to drive the prices up. it's a cyclical thing. i've been hoarding ever since they were trying to pass AB962 a couple of years ago.

I firmly believe that the ammunition will not dry up unles a specific law about it is made. Even if they do eventually succeed at banning assault weapons, there will still be enough grandfathers to keep production of the ammunition going for at least out lifetimes.

But we need to stau diligent and not allow those worst-case scenarios to happen.

I think it is too politically unpopular for more gun bans. Instead they'll do what they're doing all over the country and that is to manipulate the local govts. into banning things like gun shops, or where you can buy ammo. Or registering ammo and limiting purchases. Or some other behind the scene trick. That's what they've been trying in my area and it takes a very motivated gun community to push back. You have to be involved in your local politics regarding this issue because there are Brady people everywhere working on taking away your right all day and night.

I think it is too politically unpopular for more gun bans. Instead they'll do what they're doing all over the country and that is to manipulate the local govts. into banning things like gun shops, or where you can buy ammo. Or registering ammo and limiting purchases. Or some other behind the scene trick. That's what they've been trying in my area and it takes a very motivated gun community to push back. You have to be involved in your local politics regarding this issue because there are Brady people everywhere working on taking away your right all day and night.

Have you seen what the US has been part of negotiating at the UN? Its not just an assault gun ban. If you don't think its something that could ever happen, who would have thought the US would be inviting UN representatives into our country to help "oversee" fair elections?

Have you seen what the US has been part of negotiating at the UN? Its not just an assault gun ban. If you don't think its something that could ever happen, who would have thought the US would be inviting UN representatives into our country to help "oversee" fair elections?

Yep Hillary Clinton has been at the UN a lot trying to get the international community to ban assault guns, thus bypassing congress.

I don't think it's something that could never happen. But while Hilary is out doing this arms treaty with the UN there's people doing the same thing in your backyard and they're getting away with it all over the country. Any UN treaty still has to be ratified by congress with a 2/3rds majority and it still wouldn't matter because they can't override the 2nd amendment without amending the constitution itself. And if they ever tried that, well, all bets are off and it'd likely be the end of western civilization and such.

I understand Texas plans to arrest any of the UN vote inspectors lol.

Yep Hillary Clinton has been at the UN a lot trying to get the international community to ban assault guns, thus bypassing congress.

The international community can't do anything to bypass congress. They couldn't even get Kyoto ratified with a super majority while they're running around telling everyone the earth is on fire.

The international community can't do anything to bypass congress. They couldn't even get Kyoto ratified with a super majority while they're running around telling everyone the earth is on fire.

If the UN passed a universal gun ban and America accepted(at UN)they could bypass congress with executive order I believe.

I don't think it's something that could never happen. But while Hilary is out doing this arms treaty with the UN there's people doing the same thing in your backyard and they're getting away with it all over the country. Any UN treaty still has to be ratified by congress with a 2/3rds majority and it still wouldn't matter because they can't override the 2nd amendment without amending the constitution itself. And if they ever tried that, well, all bets are off and it'd likely be the end of western civilization and such.

I understand Texas plans to arrest any of the UN vote inspectors lol.

I was going to post about this myself. It is no way as simple as making a treaty.

And the supreme Court has already ruled on this type of issue with Reid Vs Covert in 1957.

Also...nobody has pointed out that this treaty is getting no more love at the U.N. than new gun ban legislation is getting in our own Congress.

Add to that the simple fact that the treaty DOES NOT cause a gun ban in the U.S. by it's verbiage (that I am no more for than I am for any gun ban). it simply establishes unilateral guidlines for international gun trade.

However...that does not mean that we do not stay dilligent in keeping the Federal Government from stepping on ANY Constitutional rights.

If the UN passed a universal gun ban and America accepted(at UN)they could bypass congress with executive order I believe.

Acceptance of the treaty has to go through Congress...so it can not circumvent Congress.

And in the acceptance of a treaty, The Administration is required to verify that the treaty does not break any U.S. law nor go against The Constitution.

EVERYONE gets involved to make sure it breaks no U.S. law...even the Patent Office does.

And a treaty that goes against U.S. law or the Constitution can not be ratified by our own Senate.

Edit - And one other thing...if the current Administration (or ANY administration) ratifies a treaty that breaks U.S. law or goes against our Constitution...it can be voided. We, the people, just need to remember that and show that we are willing to excersize that option if comes up.

^ good points.

Anyone tell me who makes the best 1911? Been wanting one for awhile and decided to finally get one now I just need to decide on brand.

Back