Guitar Hero III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought GH 2 a few days ago and absolutely love it. I played for the first time on Thursday and figured what the hell, it's something different for a change. Went with 2 because there are a ton of songs that I love on it and the MCR pack as well.

I beat easy with 4 or 5 stars and 1 perfect song. Medium is a lot harder though. I haven't failed any songs yet but I'm mainly only getting 3-4 stars with a few 5's.

Did you get it for 360? Do they have the real songs or is it a cover ofthe songs? I have heard that its not the actual songs in the older ones but I know GHIII has the actual songs at least on Wii.

Not all of the songs are real on Wii... looking at the credits most are, but some are still sound alikes. Although they do a pretty good job on the covers.

Not all of the songs are real on Wii... looking at the credits most are, but some are still sound alikes. Although they do a pretty good job on the covers.
Ohh all the ones I heard so far are the actual song. I didnt hear all of them but I heard a few when my nephews were playing the game.

I can't remember now which were which... also the credits fly by really fast. But still the majority are the actual artists which is nice.

I played the wii version and it appears to have some sort of delay. It was really odd. I couldn't play songs on medium that I can play on hard. It was also embarassing booting up a song and talking about how I can play it perfectly. Only to fail in front of everyone in the first 30 second. :eek:

Get ready to hang your heads in shame. I know I did.:monkey2
This kid is amazing!

https://www.break.com/index/9-year-old-beats-hardest-guitar-hero-level.html

It kind of makes you wonder what people could do if they put that kind of skill into something actually useful. I mean, I spend a lot of time looking at new 3D animation things and learning stuff because it's something I enjoy, but I really hate math and stuff like that, but if I liked it as much as I like animation then I would be some kind of mathematical genius. Or apply something like that to medicine or something and it makes you think.

Yep, you can do hammers and pull-offs. So you strum once and then can hit multiple notes. Kinda like a real instrument.

...how did he play the notes without hitting the strum bar?

Like galactiboy said, it's called a "hammer-on." A hammer-on is used by musicians on a real guitar by sustaining the vibration of one strum to play multiple notes really quickly. If the musician's fingers are strong enough, no strum is needed at all. You can do this on Guitar Hero, but only when certain note icons are displayed.

may sound like a stupid question, but how did he play the notes without hitting the strum bar?

That is definitely not a stupid question, man. I also wanted to know how he did it, but didn't get a chance to ask since it's been a pretty hectic week because of the holiday at work. Thanks to you guys that answered!:D

In GH 2 there was not a special icon to tell where Hammer-ons and Pull-offs could be used. You had to figure it out with practice.

In GH 3 the note button will have a glowing effect around it.

Last edited:
Ok that kid need to get a life go outside and play stuff like that, he spends way to much time on that damm game.

It impressive that he could do that but the fact that he has probaly spent hundreds of hours playing that game is sad.

On a side note Lou sucks, it took me so many tries to beat him on easy.:rotfl

Lou on Medium made me give up on the game for quite a while. I don't know how many times I tried but it was so frustrating! Then weeks later I just thought I'd give it a try and bam I got it right away, funny how that works sometimes. I really wish GH3 wasn't quite so difficult, GH 2 was perfect IMHO. I have a fighting chance on GH2 on hard, but on GH3 I frick'n lose it!

GH2 = 330 gamescore
GH3 = 55 gamescore

'Nuff said! I swear, I've played them about the same amount of time. GH3 is still a great game, don't get me wrong, I just wish it wasn't so focused on Expert players.

Back