Guitar Hero III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when you have to hit like, Green and Yellow or Red and Blue, those one button gaps throw me off big time, then having to go back to single or double buttons drives me crazy!

...But, whatever you guys do, DON'T battle BagelsNcheesey!! He will kick your ass!! He had like a 1,000 note streak and got 100% on a song I battled him on. :monkey2 Damn real life guitar players, I hate you!! :D

:eek :bow

The best I managed to do was 254 on Easy and I've never done 100%, got 99% a bunch of times (on easy) but never 100%. :eek:

I play guitar and I thought that would help me more with this game than it actually did. Some of the things like hammer-ons and pull-offs are similar to real guitar playing, but pressing down multiple frets on one string does not make a chord. This does give you an idea of what it would be like to play a guitar with one string, but it would take five more rows of buttons and several more frets to approach reality.

I haven't quite figured out how the multiplayer works on this. Can you do co-op career over Xbox Live?

I love this series, but out of the 3 main games I think GH3 is the worst, just barely better than GH80s.

Too many fast and heavy songs and not enough melodic and bluesy songs with "taste".

I admit I have not played my real guitar much at all in a few years. I have a Fender Strat ( One of the ones made in Mexico ) collecting dust. Last time I picked it up I realized how out of practice I was and put it back down after offending my ears. I have a Washburn bass as well and still mess with that from time to time.

boooo buy a gibson :D

I play guitar and I thought that would help me more with this game than it actually did. Some of the things like hammer-ons and pull-offs are similar to real guitar playing, but pressing down multiple frets on one string does not make a chord. This does give you an idea of what it would be like to play a guitar with one string, but it would take five more rows of buttons and several more frets to approach reality.

I haven't quite figured out how the multiplayer works on this. Can you do co-op career over Xbox Live?

I actually think a piano player has an easier time and more related skill for playing guitar hero than a guitar player.

As for the left handers having trouble Dave my 6 year old daughter is left handed and has beat medium LOL

This game rocks! We played it at my 30th birthday party and I'm totally addicted now. I'm not very good though - no rythm :lol I'm constantly over-anticipating when to push the button and keep missing the slides, which are my favorite part :monkey2

Maybe they will come out with piano hero!!!

:rock

Would that rock quite as much?

Hell yeah it would. We get some Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, ELP, Asia, Buggles, Dep Mode, on and on.

Me wants to rock out on with some Brain Salad Surgery!!

Maybe they will come out with piano hero!!!

:rock

Would that rock quite as much?
Only if your Elton John or Liberace. :lol

_41145410_elton_top_pops_1970b.jpg
Liberace.jpg

I just got this game for the Wii yesterday... as I'm new to the game I started out on easy. Not to bad, beat it and felt pretty good. Then I tried Medium... holy hell!!! Talk about ratcheting up the difficulty quickly. But still an awesome game, I'm hoping more titles are released for the Wii.

Also the wife is already wanting to buy a 2nd guitar :lol

Also the wife is already wanting to buy a 2nd guitar :lol

You will be waiting a while. I was looking to get a extra for my nephews and they are not available and it looks like they won't be until late february.

I bought GH 2 a few days ago and absolutely love it. I played for the first time on Thursday and figured what the hell, it's something different for a change. Went with 2 because there are a ton of songs that I love on it and the MCR pack as well.

I beat easy with 4 or 5 stars and 1 perfect song. Medium is a lot harder though. I haven't failed any songs yet but I'm mainly only getting 3-4 stars with a few 5's.

I bought this game too a while ago but haven't played it too much because everytime that I do, I feel that I am wasting my time. I always feel like I should just pick up my real guitar instead off pretending on a fake one. Same thing goes for Rock Band too, I was hooked on the drums for a bit but then I felt foolish and returned to my real set. :lol

Back