Guillermo Del Toro's "Haunted Mansion"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know...Thunder Mountain could make a good movie. I'm not kidding either; it has a great backstory.

I second Thunder Mountain. Interesting idea! Does anyone know if Disney is still pursuing a Jungle Cruise movie?

A Jungle Cruise movie? Now that one doesn't sound so good... I see it being The African Queen meets Jumanji...

I would assume Jungle Cruise is dead...If I recall correctly, Disney was going to continue pumping out movies based on rides if Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion performed well...

But, I'm not completely sure if they've abandoned the project. Guess I could Google it later. :)

I liked eddie murphys haunted mansion :lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X37m2AyuoKs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X37m2AyuoKs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm confused... is he directing "Haunted Mansion" or just producing? I've just read that Guillermo is directing In the Mountains of Madness next with James Cameron producing.

:dunno

I'm confused... is he directing "Haunted Mansion" or just producing? I've just read that Guillermo is directing In the Mountains of Madness next with James Cameron producing.

:dunno

Last I heard he intends to direct if his schedule permits.
He's been trying to get ATMOM off the ground forever so if that's the conflict I'm sure he'll pass off HM to another director and serve as producer / possibly writer.

I hadn't read that news, Proto. That's really exciting. I was really disappointed when GDT signed on to The Hobbit because I felt he was wasting his time in PJ's sandbox. Seems like he is making up for lost time! :rock

I hadn't read that news, Proto. That's really exciting. I was really disappointed when GDT signed on to The Hobbit because I felt he was wasting his time in PJ's sandbox. Seems like he is making up for lost time! :rock

Here's what I read today:

Guillermo Del Toro to Helm "At the Mountains of Madness" Next

Ever since director Guillermo del Toro dropped out of "The Hobbit" prequels, everyone wanted to know what his next project would be. While he teased fans at Comic-Con with several movies that he is writing and producing, all he had to say about his next directing gig was that he will announce it shortly and that the film would be scary.

Deadline has now learned that the movie he was talking about was "At The Mountains of Madness," which is an adaptation of the HP Lovecraft tale. Del Toro has officially signed on to direct and since it will be shot with 3D cameras, "Avatar" director James Cameron has decided to join as a producer.

In the Lovecraft tale, a gruesome discovery made during a scientific expedition to the South Pole in the 1930s hints at the true origin of mankind having come from elder gods from another planet. Bad things happen when those life forms are awakened.

Source: Deadline

I liked eddie murphys haunted mansion :lol

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X37m2AyuoKs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X37m2AyuoKs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol i actually listened to all 36 seconds of that...Now it's in my head for life!

For me, this is the biggest news of the year! I can't wait for this, and the FLOOD of Haunted Mansion merchandise to follow. I think he's producing and co-writing HM but that's cool too. He's a lifelong fan and as he said, "it's a way of life."

:clap:clap:clap

Back