Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5th, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor Strange was awful.

-Doctor Strange (2016) 6.5/10

giphy.gif

Since when is awful a... 6.5/10? What is a 5 then? Or a 3? I mean, I always held 5 as the passable rating...

giphy.gif

I personally didn't care for Doctor Strange. Benedict Cumberbatch just isn't my kind of actor.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Kidding aside, I just don't understand how a 6.5 can be an "awful flick". If I think a film is awful, I'll give it a 3/10 or something. Not a 6.5! It's just... weird...

I think it goes like this:

10 is great

8-9 is terrific

7 is OK

6.5 is awful

6-1 is never used except in rare cases to prove a point on a rating everyone can agree on

Here, in Millennial-land, a Fail is a B-

There is no C

There is no spoon

I feel bad for Gen Xers like you (I presume), sandwiched between two larger generations, Baby Boomers and Millennials. Your gen still can't even get someone in the Whitehouse, and at this rate there might be a Millennial President before a Gen Xer. :monkey2

At least you guys had good music.

Here, in Millennial-land, a Fail is a B-

There is no C

There is no spoon

10/10 - Perfect. Succeeds in all accounts.

9.5/10 - Near perfect.

9/10 - Great and well rounded with minor problems.

8.5/10 - Good, but had some problems.

8/10 - Solid for the most part, but noticeably lacking at times.

7.5/10 - Decent at times but mediocre and problematic throughout.

7/10 - Mediocre and uninspired.

6.5/10 - Poor and undeniably lackluster.

6/10 - Better off skipping it.

5/5 - Utter failure.

5/10 & below are just varying degrees of garbage.

Saw this today at 4:20 in Imax and in reality I thought the hype was going to kill the film but honestly I didn't think I'd enjoy it like the first and with the reviews being mellow. That said I surprisingly liked it just like with Dr. Strange I like this a little more. It's not as good as the first but it's a hell of a time with some great performances, comedy and effects plus the soundtrack is great. One of the better marvel films these days. Logan is still better but did like this one a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I feel bad for Gen Xers like you (I presume), sandwiched between two larger generations, Baby Boomers and Millennials. Your gen still can't even get someone in the Whitehouse, and at this rate there might be a Millennial President before a Gen Xer. :monkey2

At least you guys had good music.
Thanks for the music compliment but as a Gen Xer I could care less about getting someone in the Whitehouse.:wink1: Plus I wouldn't be surprised with a Millennial Prez.:wave

Someone should knock up a demographic chart to plot generation X to generation Y ratings for GOTG2.
Then we could calculate an average score rating from sideshow freaks viewers for further analysis.
Or just not bother at all it would take a fair bit of effort and show a relatively flat line of 8.5 :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back