Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is unfortunate that Sideshow is looking to profit on shipping now too. If they're going to raise the base price on their statues so much, I don't really see the need to make money off of the shipping now too. It's basically become a "shipping and handling fee" rather than just shipping. And before anyone brings up rising shipping costs and such, you can go to the UPS website right now and see that it would be cheaper for me to ship this from the US to Canada than Sideshow is charging. On top of which would be the huge discount Sideshow enjoys from UPS due to its bulk shipping.

WTF happened to Sideshow shipping rates? Just noticed that Goblin shipping is pegged at $71.00??? I have this on order, and swallowed the bloated price, lack of second portrait, but now shipping charges almost being doubled from the usual $40.00 to $45.00? I live in Canada, always have, so what has changed? I mean is this for real???

It's crazy, Sideshow is quoting me $154.60 for shipping Goblin to Australia. My Sabretooth Classic PF recently came straight from Hong Kong and not via their usual U.S. warehouse which i would have thought would be cheaper as more direct. I noticed it was sent via UPS too and not Fed Ex as it has always been in the past.

The dimension shipping weight is 79lbs. The statue will be probably 20lbs or so

That sounds likely because there's now way the actual weight is 79 lbs. I wonder if this statue is all one piece? If it is, that's probably what made the box so big.

Shipping shows $37.62 to me here in the States

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought when I saw this was the glider might make this interesting for box size and shipping. Is the glider as big as my memory thinks it is? (Don't have this on p.o., obviously)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

It seems to be all over the place. I wonder what algorithm they are using to determine shipping. Maybe all the prices will come down when ready to ship? I know, wishful thinking, but hey...

Right now, it's $50 to me in PA, and that's downright insane.

The smoke part of the base is huge.

The Smoke part doesn't fly nor justify, as Smoke base is hollow (therefore lightweight). Someone at SS is Smoking bad weed to try & justify crazy ship/cost jump. Or maybe SS just likes to blow Smoke up our arses to see how far/low they can go, & how much we collectors are willing to take?

Regardless, I've emailed SS requesting an explanation. Hoping the response is at least sane, if not sound.

It's crazy, Sideshow is quoting me $154.60 for shipping Goblin to Australia. My Sabretooth Classic PF recently came straight from Hong Kong and not via their usual U.S. warehouse which i would have thought would be cheaper as more direct. I noticed it was sent via UPS too and not Fed Ex as it has always been in the past.

As this doesn't have an Exclusive, I would assume most outside the US would order this from their local providers.

As this doesn't have an Exclusive, I would assume most outside the US would order this from their local providers.

I was going to use a local retailer but was told there is little if no discount. For me, might as well use SS and get the RP and deal direct if there are any issues.

Would make sesne for those outside US to use the retailer route.

I was going to use a local retailer but was told there is little if no discount. For me, might as well use SS and get the RP and deal direct if there are any issues.

Would make sesne for those outside US to use the retailer route.

If it wasn't for the 10% discount code i got i would have bought locally. With the discount its the same price shipped to my door as bought locally.

With a statue as intricate as this one i thought best to deal direct with sideshow in case of issues like Pork Chop mentioned.

shipping costs are no longer flat rate for Canadians. Its floating, my RED Son Supes shipped at 56$ which is nearly a 20% increase from last year

Back