Gothitropolis "Raven" figure by The Four Horsemen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold out? My kickstarter was only just sent! So much for getting a few more afterwards...

So...Basically, these are the same figs, repainted, with just a switched-out head, for $40 a pop?

So...Basically, these are the same figs, repainted, with just a switched-out head, for $40 a pop?

As are most toy lines...re-paints and parts swaps...and companies make $$$$

I think referring to these as mere repaints is doing these figures a serious disservice. There's what other companies do and there's what 4HM do and they a drastically different in terms of effort, quality and care on each different version.

Wouldn't go as far as calling it 'Drastically Different'. The only thing that's different is the head, everything else, including armor, plumage, pose, and shape is identical.
I'm not saying they are bad. Just very overpriced for a 6" plastic figure with no license. At least I'm not aware of one, filmed, written, or otherwise known.
Compare it to McFarlane in-house lines, and you are not getting anything special.

smaller runs = higher prices. get one in hand, and then make that call about value.

then again, value is subjective. I don't think hot toys has made a single figure that is worth more than 150$ yet. And no, a pretty box dosn't count.

Just very overpriced for a 6" plastic figure with no license.

Tell that to the people willing to pay $100+ for each figure on eBay.

Compare it to McFarlane in-house lines, and you are not getting anything special.

Aren't the McFarlane in-house lines more like mini statues than highly articulated action figures?

I am so sorry I supported their Kickstarter and I will not do that again....and they can make all the excuses they want...they are four guys that took on way too much, and got in over their heads and have done everything wrong with this line...absolutely BRUTAL!

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It definitely feels like they got in over their heads.

Basically. There are subtle differences but for the most part it's design variances.

Just very overpriced for a 6" plastic figure with no license. At least I'm not aware of one, filmed, written, or otherwise known. Compare it to McFarlane in-house lines, and you are not getting anything special.

It's pricey but for the most part its an unique in-house kind of offering and that's what you get. You won't see them at Toys R' Us or anything like that and that always comes to a price as well. Most 6" figures are hitting around $20 so it's not drastically higher, doubled for a unique product is about what I was expecting. It's cheaper than a few imports for example which are licensed sure but also hitting the $70 range for 6" figures.

Then you got the likes of those Samurai Star Wars. I got four that works out to $US60 and I just got them today. Worth every penny.
Got them with stands, but I was hoping for something that could lift them off the ground much higher...

nice Kickstart for me. Wished I could have gotten more.

I'm sad I didn't get into this line, but it's sold out, and after market prices are ridiculous. The $30+ original price was expensive enough.

Wouldn't go as far as calling it 'Drastically Different'. The only thing that's different is the head, everything else, including armor, plumage, pose, and shape is identical.

That isn't entirely true.

The black raven has an exclusive weapon, the eagle has a patriotic cape, minotaur and flamingo both have an extra pair of webbed feet.

The Raven and the Flamingo I regret not getting. I would have gotten another bone set to go with the White Raven too. If they opened up orders again I'd probably nab a few more. I really like this line.

The Raven and the Flamingo I regret not getting. I would have gotten another bone set to go with the White Raven too. If they opened up orders again I'd probably nab a few more. I really like this line.

I have a Bone Wings set with Head for $30 shipped within the USA if you want it.....I thought I was going to use it,but I decided not

Thanks for the offer teemu (very awesome BTW) but I don't have anything to use it with :lol

Although if I sang another bird of some kind I'll definitely hit you up :duff:

Thanks for the offer teemu (very awesome BTW) but I don't have anything to use it with :lol

Although if I sang another bird of some kind I'll definitely hit you up :duff:

no problem :),the offer stands if things change for ya or anybody else that needs it

Then you got the likes of those Samurai Star Wars. I got four that works out to $US60 and I just got them today. Worth every penny.
Got them with stands, but I was hoping for something that could lift them off the ground much higher...

nice Kickstart for me. Wished I could have gotten more.

Did u mean $600?

Got mine, and I love it, but this reeaaaally ****ing sucks. :( Makes the arm loose and wobbly. Which is made worse because otherwise it's perfect, no stuck joints or anything.

Attachments

• 20150130_170248.jpg
    20150130_170248.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20150130_170239.jpg
    20150130_170239.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 150
Oh I had that.

I just put it under the heat of my desk lamp to soften up the plastic, then pushed it back in. That pin is harder and it snapped on easily. Just be careful of indenting your fingernails on the pliable plastic.

Back