Four Horsemen COSMIC LEGIONS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vkh

Freaked Out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
After last night’s reveal of the first wave of Four Horsemen’s Cosmic Legions, I was expecting to see some excitement about the new figures here!

That’s alright, I’ll try to get this party started!

From the folks who brought you goblins, demons, elves, orcs, trolls and armies of undead skeletons comes a 6” figure line set in an original sci-fi/fantasy universe. With parts that are compatible with the Mythic Legions lines, Cosmic Legions brings us new species, characters and affiliations in their introduction to the worlds of Cosmerrium.

In the ringed prison of Hvalkatar, Highwarden Slogg oversees the gladiatorial pit where the most dangerous fighters struggle to survive and attempt to escape!

It’s only a small glimpse into the fiction of the world, while the figures currently available for pre-order include standard, deluxe and legion builders as well as two larger characters. Also available will be two “extra hand” packs and a weapons pack.

Hvalkatar: Book 1 an overview of the new figures and character blurbs.
GROUP_bd3b48d8-521b-45bb-be78-06ceaa98de5d_1296x.jpg

10 new original characters, 11 new figures from the folks who brought you Mythic Legions.

They’re currently available for pre-order at Four Horsemen shop.

The preorder window will be open for the next six weeks, but NOTE: (for folks who haven’t preordered from Four Horsemen before or participated in their previous Kickstarter campaigns) production and distribution is estimated to take at least 12-18 months afterwards, so it’ll be a bit of a wait.

The general trend is that once the pre-order window closes at the Four Horsemen shop, other retailers will start listing pre-orders with quite a markup.

I’ve been eagerly awaiting this release and I’m personally impressed and excited for this line! I love the Mythic Legions figures, I love sci-fi/ fantasy toys/franchises like Mass Effect and Farscape.

This first wave doesn’t include everything I was hoping for- like spaceships and evil/misguided robots- but aliens! Space suits! I’m all in!

Slogg-Front_1296x.jpg

Thygar-DX-Front-no-bubble_1296x.jpg

Sphexx-Commander-Front-Left_1296x.jpg

Vorgga-Front-Right_1296x.jpg

Zeeri-Front_1296x.jpg

(Sorry if the photos are a bit small, I’m posting from mobile).

Again, the link to the Store Horsemen where figures will be available for pre-order for the next six weeks.

Last edited:
Already put in my order for Slogg. Everything about this guy harkens back to that late '90s / early '00s era of toy design I grew up with.

slogg.jpg

Already put in my order for Slogg. Everything about this guy harkens back to that late '90s / early '00s era of toy design I grew up with.

slogg.jpg
I was so surprised yesterday during the reveal to find out how big he was- I’d assumed from the teaser photo that he’d be chunky smaller figure. I also agree with you, Slogg’s colors, bulkiness and his suit detailing really has a villainous cartoon nostalgiac feel!

I love the way he looks but I’m also a big fan of the insect Sphexxian guard and block commander, but also the more humanoid characters too!

I think my only criticism for the whole line is that I wish they went with a darker paint scheme for the TU5CC Sentries, but that texturing on their hardsuit could really pop if I make an effort to customize them a bit.

I think my only criticism for the whole line is that I wish they went with a darker paint scheme for the TU5CC Sentries, but that texturing on their hardsuit could really pop if I make an effort to customize them a bit.
Agreed on this. I imagine they also skimped on the paint to keep the price down, but as you said, a little custom work will go a long way with these sculpts.

Agreed on this. I imagine they also skimped on the paint to keep the price down, but as you said, a little custom work will go a long way with these sculpts.
That was definitely the case. Legion builder figures usually skip the fancy paint application so they’ll cost less, but the TU5CC engineers look wonderfully sleek in black and red. Plus the other figures pop so hard with their colors, I’m so excited for this whole line!

I’ve got to figure out how to distract myself for the next year and a half.

I'm in for a few of these, but there's something about most of the figures' motif that isn't hitting with me.

I'm in for a few of these, but there's something about most of the figures' motif that isn't hitting with me.
I’ve read a criticism that some of the figures are over-designed; extraneous detailing and texturing that might not be appealing for some folks. Mythic Legions I think kept outfit designs more subtle; just less busy and not so many small shapes.

There’s definitely a sci-fi video game armor influence on a lot of the hardsuit designs, but I’m a fan! I think the aesthetic is a way to stand apart from Star Wars, which is the only other ongoing fantasy/space toy line.

I do think that all the suited feet are very robotic looking, except for Zeeri. I noticed it, but I don’t mind it.

All these characters are in a prison. I’m curious what other soldiers and warriors might look elsewhere in the galaxy. The Horsemen have setup a very large story universe, so there’s definitely lots of opportunities in future lines for radically different looks.

The Headless Horseman put Mythic Legions on my radar (I'm waiting for mine to be sent!) and because of that I now have half of wave one of the Cosmics on order. Looks like an incredible line.

I also have 5 Legions on order :rock

Back