GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This should've been the exclusive :slap

groot%20bomb2.jpg~original

I just realized this is a must have for any cos-players :lol

I am hoping to remedy this situation with a custom offering.... https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180048 :):):)

Preordered him over on BBTS, since his release date is such a long way out. I kind of doubt I'll cancel him, though. He's just so incredibly cute!

Preordered him over on BBTS, since his release date is such a long way out. I kind of doubt I'll cancel him, though. He's just so incredibly cute!

I went with BBTS for this reason as well. They sure aren't striking while the iron is hot. Or even lukewarm. But it does look great!

Ordered through BBTS, easier to pass on the SSC flex payments when its something not crazy expensive. Plus, BBTS ships in a separate box right?

I hope we can get similar poses to the promo shots out of this guy; they all suit the character so well. The body looks like it has fewer and simpler joints than your standard human, but still a good number. I'm seeing single-jointed elbows, probably with a swivel there instead of at the bicep, good range in the ankles and an upper chest joint for some crunch. As unlikely as it is, I'm hoping for a waist joint as well. Just a swivel with no crunch would be fine, but a proper ball would make this guy a real must-have for me. You'd be able to get some expressive running poses out of him with the help of a stand that way.

Also that outfit looks just excellent. I really like that this is a 1:1 figure because it means the outfit can be as accurate as possible, without HT having to make compromises because of stitching sizes, zips, etc. Ideally it will look and function exactly as on-screen.

Yea its not listed on the "what's in the box" part but its in the description:
The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Groot life-size collectible figure stands approximately 26cm tall, featuring 3 interchangeable faces, newly developed body and expert paint applications to reflect Baby Groot's unique appearance, a Ravagers outfit to be worn by the figure, and 2 pairs of interchangeable hands including a pair of extended attacking hands with embedded wires allowing a variety of poses

I also noticed someone on facebook asked SSC if it did, and they said yes.

Thanks for clarifying that.
As a grown man I can't read apparently.

I got this guy PO'd on BBTS. He's gonna go to waitlist after the premiere.

Only problem is I don't know where to put him since he doesn't scale with 1/6.

Do you guys think they'd give him the screaming faceplate if people were vocal about it? They've made alterations before and it is only a prototype. I think it would look fantastic.

I got this guy PO'd on BBTS. He's gonna go to waitlist after the premiere.

Only problem is I don't know where to put him since he doesn't scale with 1/6.

Was thinking the same thing. Placed an order for now though as the thought of a "full scale" Baby Groot could be a fun addition to any collection.

Ordered from AE with a $10 dollar rewards code. It's listed $5 cheaper than BBTS and they also double box. This'll be another Deadpool or BVS Batman that will sell out early during the PO window IMO.

Back