Got my Boromir!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell asleep on this one, work got in the way and I totally forgot the 10:00 time. Luckly, I secured mine at 10:20, only took 2 min.

So ... why are the LOTR more expensive then the rest? Is it because of the number of items they come with?

creature4000 said:
So ... why are the LOTR more expensive then the rest? Is it because of the number of items they come with?

Yes, and the intricate, multi-layered detailed costuming, etc.

creature4000 said:

Honestly I didn't mind paying more for him, since his outfit is so detailed and he has his sword, shield and horn.

Re: Boromir 12" figure pre-order today at 10 am!

DarthRamuk said:
What's with this Hong Kong joke? Not funny.
Someone with a Star Wars avatar should certainly get a reference including "lip gloss" and "Hong Kong" in the same post. :stick

Got mine as well, very easy.

The figure itself looks fantastic. The new images from the order page look much better than the other pics we've seen, that it boggles the mind why the best pics aren't shown in the preview banners.

As for nit-pick criticisms, I gotta say the goatee is still too thick, but the Bean likeness is definitely there, the best Sean Bean as Boromir to date by far.

Also, the many layers of costume are really noticeable on this one, and makes his frame look smaller. And I would prefer a bit more weathering on the outfit as well, like we see on Strider.

But no real complaints here. Boromir is one of my favorite characters from the trilogy, and they've done him more than justice. Bring on the next figure!

Morris Fletcher said:
Got mine as well, very easy.

The figure itself looks fantastic. The new images from the order page look much better than the other pics we've seen, that it boggles the mind why the best pics aren't shown in the preview banners.

No doubt, small criticisms aside this picture is a real good representation!

9209_press03-0011.jpg

Let's just hope that the final product matches. :monkey3

After studying the pix, this figure is really fantastic. The detail on the sleeves, the shield, the horn, everything. I even love the Orc head -- could possibly custom build an Orc now.

The only gripe I have is that the "fur" Gordorian cape wasn't offered. That would have been a beautiful piece, but I assume the cost to make it would have made the figure prohibitively expensive.

Still, with the detail and colors on this one, Boromir really pops and will look great in the set.

kingdarkness03 said:
Hey Dave close one of these Boromir threads...I going crazy boucing back and forth....

good call, i was just about to say there are an awful lot of boromir threads :monkey1

Wor-Gar said:
The only gripe I have is that the "fur" Gordorian cape wasn't offered. That would have been a beautiful piece, but I assume the cost to make it would have made the figure prohibitively expensive.

Not so sure about the cost issue, I'm sure SS could've figured out something if they really wanted to. Maybe they just didn't want to include 2 cloaks w/ 1 figure?

Thankfully got mine when I got the time wrong by 1 hour..... damn time zone differences....

And then to find I couldn't get the priority order screen up.... but could get in normally only 45 minutes after priority ordering began.. What's up with that ?

Would have liked a fur cloak as well - but I would have liked one for Connor McLeod as well - oh well. Something to customise I guess.

Seems like the site streamlining ended 30 mins after Boromir was put up. LOTR traffic just isn't the same as SW, which is fine by me. Those SW orders are stressful.

Back