Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godzilla would never šŸ˜‚
bgr657oguo251.jpg
3qlzs45y5lt31.jpg

Explains whatever this is...
8kq8va.gif

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me that thing wasnā€™t a fever dream šŸ˜ž. Damn I hate Manila or whatever itā€™s called

Let's try this again, under the correct ******* thread

Sorry..

The Chinese trailer, my lord..

It doesn't feel anything like Godzilla or Kong. It's like..

Someone help me out here. This is not the MV. It's like Sharknado or something. As if they're just openly saying "don't take this seriously in any way whatsoever because we certainly didn't while creating it".

It's just so disappointing. I liked the the MV... šŸ˜”

It especially pisses me off that Mothra got tangled up in this. Ugh. Why can NOBODY MAKE A GOOD MOVIE ANYMORE????

Just by the numbers, cliche after cliche, run of the mill, dumpster fire. One after another. Again and again.

Cinema is dead. And people cannot wait to pay to go see this in theaters. I cannot comprehend this. Mindless monster action. Right.. Fun.

Except I ******* care about these characters. Goji and Kong are not just puppets on a stage.

Last edited:
I suppose you think that's terribly clever.

Factual for it's time? Yes. Relevant in the context of my previous comment? Not even a little bit.

But it sadly did pull a chuckle out of me. Heh.

Last edited:
Damn I wish we had forums in the 60s and 70s to see how fans reacted to the switch of Godzilla being a terrifying monster to a friend of the children

Damn I wish we had forums in the 60s and 70s to see how fans reacted to the switch of Godzilla being a terrifying monster to a friend of the children
I often wonder what the fine folks of Japan think of the American-ized MV Godzilla. Well, it was once wonder. Now I'm certain they're ready to pull the license entirely. I'd be completely OK with that.

If this is what we're going to do with it, nah.

Think Godzilla went to the gym of Rocky Balboa he went from ROCKY 2 to ROCKY 3 cut and buff

Let's try this again, under the correct ******* thread

Sorry..

The Chinese trailer, my lord..

It doesn't feel anything like Godzilla or Kong. It's like..

Someone help me out here. This is not the MV. It's like Sharknado or something. As if they're just openly saying "don't take this seriously in any way whatsoever because we certainly didn't while creating it".

It's just so disappointing. I liked the the MV... šŸ˜”

It especially pisses me off that Mothra got tangled up in this. Ugh. Why can NOBODY MAKE A GOOD MOVIE ANYMORE????

Just by the numbers, cliche after cliche, run of the mill, dumpster fire. One after another. Again and again.

Cinema is dead. And people cannot wait to pay to go see this in theaters. I cannot comprehend this. Mindless monster action. Right.. Fun.

Except I ******* care about these characters. Goji and Kong are not just puppets on a stage.
You're using a film about a giant ape and a giant reptile that've been doing ridiculous things for 70+ years to say that "Cinema is dead". This isn't the genre that is trying to win best picture at the Oscars. I view this as I've always viewed monsterverse films...a bit of fairly mindless fun, a getaway from the toils of everyday life. The fact we got the odd pearl in Minus One is simply a huge bonus for this genre. I also thought Monarch was pretty well done but the Godzilla/Kong verse has gone the way of the Fast and Furious franchise, leaning very far into the mindless aspect of fun. I'll see this in theaters, I'll laugh at some of the silliness but at the end of the day, they'll get my money because at my core I'm still that eight year old that loved the Godzilla flying kick...

All good that it's not for you, but I'm going to have a blast watching it!

You're using a film about a giant ape and a giant reptile that've been doing ridiculous things for 70+ years to say that "Cinema is dead". This isn't the genre that is trying to win best picture at the Oscars.
Agreed
I view this as I've always viewed monsterverse films...a bit of fairly mindless fun, a getaway from the toils of everyday life. The fact we got the odd pearl in Minus One is simply a huge bonus for this genre.
Agree again
I also thought Monarch was pretty well done but the Godzilla/Kong verse has gone the way of the Fast and Furious franchise, leaning very far into the mindless aspect of fun.
Here is where we disagree
While the films have been somewhat mindless and fun they have always been respectful of the monsters themselves.

Taking this to F&F levels of ridiculousness with the monsters ignores what came before in the MV

If it wants to be a tribute to the more childish era of Godzilla thatā€™s fine but personally I think thatā€™s a mistake. Those films are mocked by most people as bad and goofy. Itā€™s what eventually killed the franchise in the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s. I have a bad feeling we are looking at a certified flop :( Hope Iā€™m wrong.

GvK was a perfect example of mindless fun. The overall plot was silly but the monsters were respected. Now they look like part of the joke.

I'll see this in theaters, I'll laugh at some of the silliness but at the end of the day, they'll get my money because at my core I'm still that eight year old that loved the Godzilla flying kick...
Even my 8 year old self knew the flying kick was dumb. I also hated Godzilla flying.
All good that it's not for you, but I'm going to have a blast watching it!
I hope Iā€™m able to just go with itā€¦ but I have a bad feeling about this

Agreed

Agree again

While the films have been somewhat mindless and fun they have always been respectful of the monsters themselves.

Taking this to F&F levels of ridiculousness with the monsters ignores what came before in the MV

If it wants to be a tribute to the more childish era of Godzilla thatā€™s fine but personally I think thatā€™s a mistake. Those films are mocked by most people as bad and goofy. Itā€™s what eventually killed the franchise in the 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s. I have a bad feeling we are looking at a certified flop :( Hope Iā€™m wrong.

GvK was a perfect example of mindless fun. The overall plot was silly but the monsters were respected. Now they look like part of the joke.

Even my 8 year old self knew the flying kick was dumb. I also hated Godzilla flying.

Reports say the characters this time, while still useless, are less stupid than from the last movie.

Fingers crossed lol

Agreed

Agree again

Yup I'm not looking for high art with these Monsterverse movies, but there's still only so much mindless idiocy I can take in a movie before it completely loses me and I tune out from boredom. And I can only hope that after seeing the positive reaction to Monarch and Minus One these producers will course correct and get us back to a slightly more serious and grounded place. That doesn't involve a pink Godzilla and a Kong with power glove. Lol

Yeah, this new version of Godzilla evolving and walking nearly upright and being able to run is so cool. Something as a kid I definitely felt/thought was missing when I was watching these movies as a kid and growing up in the 70's.

I hope this does well, and in the next one they can evolve again. Godzilla can drop his tail, and maybe he and Kong can start speaking to each other, or using sign language at least, instead of roars. I think it would be so much more engaging and fun to watch if the monsters could use dialogue so as not to confuse the audience as to whats actually happening. Would be so much easier to tell engaging stories.

They could get some cool voice actors. Vin Diesel would make a great Kong. And then they can cast a women and surprise us that Godzilla has been female all along..... :panic:

0RWLFD0.jpeg

Just got back from seeing it and (much to my surprise) I rather enjoyed it. While ridiculous, it wasn't ridiculous in the way I was expecting and with the exception of Brian Tyree Henry's character the humans were actually quite tolerable (well, the guy called Trapper was a bit over the top but I found him likeable enough to let it slide lol). The film was fast paced, there was a nice surprise about halfway through, Godzilla's pink appearance is explained satisfactorily and aside from that one running scene his movements/speed didn't seem like that much of a departure from how he was in the last 2 movies. You definitely need to check your brain at the door (and even then there will be numerous points in the movie where you'll need to remind yourself that you freely did so), but provided you do a good time can be had.

Back