Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't even seen JL, but the overall sense from the DCEU is a somewhat bleak, apocalyptic world, I think people are looking for a break from that. It seems very clear watching it, that GvK set out to be a fun, thrilling ride of a film that would capture that excitement of a visit to a theme park, and I think after the hell of 2020 and theaters being shut down and movies pushed out, this was exactly the kind of movie people need right now, it's almost better it came out now than when it was originally scheduled.

I haven't even seen JL, but the overall sense from the DCEU is a somewhat bleak, apocalyptic world, I think people are looking for a break from that. It seems very clear watching it, that GvK set out to be a fun, thrilling ride of a film that would capture that excitement of a visit to a theme park, and I think after the hell of 2020 and theaters being shut down and movies pushed out, this was exactly the kind of movie people need right now, it's almost better it came out now than when it was originally scheduled.

I knew for a fact people would love this film better. It just has more flavor and more hype. Nobody wanted to sit through a 4 hr film of something that came out already . Only hardcore fans wanted that . Yea people need this type of film right now. The Snyder cut was good but it?s not a huge crowd pleaser. It satisfies the DC fan itch but that?s it .

He's just asserting dominance, not killing them. He knew Kong was alive both times.

That was my impression of G's angry look at semi-conscious Kong on the boat as well. I felt like he saw that he was alive but decided that it wasn't necessary to press the fight. But given that a good 3/4 of the film was utterly ridiculous and non-sensical I don't blame anyone for not giving that moment the benefit of the doubt.

I did like that G was seemingly unconcerned about who he obliterated as collateral damage in this film as opposed to moments in G14 where he considerately dove just below the one aircraft carrier on his way to Hawaii.

I thought it was weird that MG was seemingly controlled by KD's skull as opposed to say his preserved brain. The bones in his *skull* had vindictive consciousness? So weird, lol.

It?s boring as hell and Godzilla is kinda not Godzilla in it... lasers shooting out his tail, disjointed jaws, goofy looking origins... IDK it?s the anti Legendary G films.... and it?s worse for it.

I never said I don't, Shin Godzilla is in my top 5 Godzilla designs.

I stand corrected, it was JAWS that didn't like Shin... not Maulfan.

He?s pretty much a zombie in the movie. Just a hunk of flesh waking around causing destruction. He seems like he?s dead. No personality or anything.

From the looks of it (Shin), they made Godzilla much more representative of what his origin is -- the monstrous wrath of the atomic bomb. Hiroshima come to life. I think its much scarier.

That was my impression of G's angry look at semi-conscious Kong on the boat as well. I felt like he saw that he was alive but decided that it wasn't necessary to press the fight. But given that a good 3/4 of the film was utterly ridiculous and non-sensical I don't blame anyone for not giving that moment the benefit of the doubt.

I did like that G was seemingly unconcerned about who he obliterated as collateral damage in this film as opposed to moments in G14 where he considerately dove just below the one aircraft carrier on his way to Hawaii.

I thought it was weird that MG was seemingly controlled by KD's skull as opposed to say his preserved brain. The bones in his *skull* had vindictive consciousness? So weird, lol.

Wish the skull was red lol

GvK hurts my brain

I just found the battles to be going thru the motions I was clearly not invested lol

From the looks of it (Shin), they made Godzilla much more representative of what his origin is -- the monstrous wrath of the atomic bomb. Hiroshima come to life. I think its much scarier.

Shin makes Legendary Godzilla look like a Disney princess lol

Godzilla vs. Kong is a jaw-dropping spectacle of lizards and monkeys tossing each other through skyscrapers and bonking each other with giant axes, and I love it for that. :rotfl

For one I think it was global warming or environmental damage that created this new Godzilla.

The fx and feel of the film at times was great.. It just was not Godzilla to me. No personality at all.. Basically a Zombie until he decided to shoot lasers out his tail and his back.. :lol

:lol :lol

The "plot" for this movie was hilariously stupid. But it was still a lot of fun to watch on the big screen. :)

G dragging the battleship like the barrels in Jaws made me smile, K stuffing the axe handle in G's mouth like the tree in their original Vs. movie made me chuckle. I preferred RPO's MG though.

I really enjoyed how expressive G was in this compared to the last two films. Not that he should have been expressive in G14 since that was meant to be a serious take but I still enjoyed the change nonetheless. Both my kids enjoyed it too though we all laughed together about the plot afterward. G burning a hole to the center of the Earth, lol, and then Kong climbing half the length of the PLANET to emerge from said hole in like three minutes, double LOL.

This movie was dumb plot wise.. But man its one of the most fast paced and fun movies I have watched in a while.. The whole film is just eye candy.

Good to know you found some enjoyment form it Khev.

Poor Jye has forgotten how to love Kaiju movies

One thing I loved about Shin was that he just did not give AF they kept shooting him and he would just keep walking straight with no emotion paying them no mind lol

This movie was dumb plot wise.. But man its one of the most fast paced and fun movies I have watched in a while.. The whole film is just eye candy.

Good to know you found some enjoyment form it Khev.

Poor Jye has forgotten how to love Kaiju movies

If people want to stop and pick apart everything that happens in the movie to weigh believability of it, that's their call, but they're going to be very disappointed.

I didn't care, I saw Godzilla realize Kong was around and down in HE, got pissed and sent him a message to basically be like, let's go *****, and then Kong responded and went after him in a glorious battle that is fun as hell to watch every time. I don't care if it's unrealistic for Kong to get their that fast, I didn't give it a moment's though, I was just excited he got there.

For one I think it was global warming or environmental damage that created this new Godzilla.

Regardless of the trendy new way Godzilla is released or woke... the moment that immense fiery blast erupted from his mouth and the wave of flames cut through the city, I just saw the horror of 1945 in allegorical form.

I agree, I didn't like the crazy purple lasers shooting out of his back, and I didn't see the tail laser in that clip. But the over-extended mouth and the way the radiation exploded from it was really freaky and... monstrous.

Regardless of the trendy new way Godzilla is released or woke... the moment that immense fiery blast erupted from his mouth and the wave of flames cut through the city, I just saw the horror of 1945 in allegorical form.

I agree, I didn't like the crazy purple lasers shooting out of his back, and I didn't see the tail laser in that clip. But the over-extended mouth and the way the radiation exploded from it was really freaky and... monstrous.

I didnt care about the Woke ideas either.. I just prefer the classic atomic bomb metaphor

Fire from his mouth would have been cool but that also eventually just turned into a purple laser.

It just was just not Godzilla enough to me.

Good FX though.

AA7977DA-85E2-4EE5-9613-BE8184B3F791.jpeg

Just one of the MANY turn your brains off moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonky movie with absurd plot devices that made absolutely no sense. But when has any Godzilla or Kong movie made sense? It’s a loud, colorful, fun movie about giant fighting monsters that appeals to the 10-year-old in all of us.

Back