Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9e850a9c5f3ef1cd27293fa9d304b843.jpg

Got a GMK from fellow member joebizz34. Sweet deal. He is a beast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For those of you who collect model kits, who would you say your favorite company/maker is? I want to get into model kits but I have no idea where to start. Also how would I practice painting?

For those of you who collect model kits, who would you say your favorite company/maker is? I want to get into model kits but I have no idea where to start. Also how would I practice painting?

I would look at the Kaiyodo vinyl line even though they are no longer produced, they can be had on EVILBAY sometimes at a pretty good price. Then I would work my way up to some resin kits by companies like MM-28,Image,Ts,Facto and KOC just to name a few.

Is there a guide to painting model kits anywhere, or even one for kaiju kits? The kaiju freaks kits look amazing!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Is there a guide to painting model kits anywhere, or even one for kaiju kits? The kaiju freaks kits look amazing!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Go to youtube and there is a video of a 65 version by MM-28 that gives you a nice step by step build up. Join the Clubhouse model page and there is a spot on the forum called the stomping grounds that gives you great info and pictures on Godzilla kits and plenty of experts to help you out.

Go to youtube and there is a video of a 65 version by MM-28 that gives you a nice step by step build up. Join the Clubhouse model page and there is a spot on the forum called the stomping grounds that gives you great info and pictures on Godzilla kits and plenty of experts to help you out.

Thank you so much! Now I just need to find a reliable place to buy the model kits.

I really am a fan of the MM-28 and t's facto (their new Space Godzilla is nuts) but alas I have no idea how to paint and assemble them

MM28, Kaiju Freaks, Sakai's kits are all top of the line. They are all resin kits. Actually, most of the garage kits produced are resin. The big companies like Kaiyodo, who used to do vinyl, don't bother with Godzilla anymore. Buying top quality is important for ease of assembly, especially if you are a beginner. You don't want to have to do a lot of grinding to get pieces to fit properly. One of the most important things to do with resin kits is to pin them, put the pieces together with metal rods. If you don't, you're usually sorry later, The pieces just snap off. I like to use a two part gel epoxy when gluing. It's less messy than super glue and can be used as a filler at the same time. Let it ooze out of the seams a bit, then just wipe it clean. No filling and sanding later.

If you are a beginner at painting, you'll probably be brush painting as opposed to using an airbrush. Wash the model, primer it, and then use whatever kind of paint you prefer. Important thing to remember is to thin the paint. Using it straight from the jar just produces amateurish results. A nice thin coat or two can look as good as an airbrush. With the texture on kaiju, airbrushing isn't necessary. Add some detail by dry brushing. Basically, you are wiping nearly all of the paint from the brush and then just lightly dusting back and forth.

Just a few quick tips. Videos are definitely a big help.

I bought a couple of Kaiyodo's Sakai kits back in the mid 90s, and botched them spectacularly. Haven't tried my hand at modeling since. Thank goodness X-Plus started licensing his sculpts, and doing all the hard work for me. Incidentally, if any of you guys haven't seen it already, you should really check out Sakai's blog. So many potential figures for us non-modelers.

g-dream.cocolog-nifty.com

selling my gigantic G2K purple fin version.350shipped U.S pm me if interested small paint scuff one toe nail

I think I like it so far. Wish the spines were more jagged and mutilated looking. I need full body shots. But I had to...

03979a83db25a33c80cbd15ce7370bd1.jpg

love it, has a creepy bird like look im diggin. stoked for full reveal.:panic:

follow that link i posted for a brighter image. see more details.

Back