Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like knifehead, the others are ok but I'd enjoy knifehead if he was more prominent in a movie. I was tempted to get the figure of him but he has so little screen time, just didn't seem worth it.

There was a gorilla?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Leatherback stood like a gorilla.

Neca-Pacific-Rim-Series-2-Leatherback-8.jpg

The PR Kaiju suffered, I think, because of a lack of individuality. Aside from this-one-can-fly or this-one's-really-really-really-big, I can't recall anything that truly set them apart from one another. By contrast, Japanese Kaiju tend to have either distinct looks or distinct personalities, and often both. Kind of like how del Toro's Spanish language films are typically better than his English ones. "Ooh, that Hollywood. It's chicken!" --Mr. Tako

The PR Kaiju suffered, I think, because of a lack of individuality. Aside from this-one-can-fly or this-one's-really-really-really-big, I can't recall anything that truly set them apart from one another. By contrast, Japanese Kaiju tend to have either distinct looks or distinct personalities, and often both. Kind of like how del Toro's Spanish language films are typically better than his English ones. "Ooh, that Hollywood. It's chicken!" --Mr. Tako
That was part of the movie plot though. They were all genetically the same. The aliens were just tweaking them each time to get better results.

That was part of the movie plot though. They were all genetically the same. The aliens were just tweaking them each time to get better results.

That kind of feels like a plot whole though, they're clones but not clones. In the end though, since they all look different, they could give them different personalities and attribute it to the modifications which led to them looking different.

240f9f5d26b4283cc4da177af3356fb2.jpg

0360d3e9511cf9aa8da5adea761d1ffe.jpg

4f7de88367d566cf6b160f89bea7ebef.jpg

Some recent buys. Got 30cm GMK added to the collection as well

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back