Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, the Ghidorah's are arriving with problems?

That blows especially when it costs a lot.
I got my Ghidorah yesterday. The wings don't seat quite right into the body. I think the hair dryer trick will work. Didn't have time to try it yesterday. I think if you heat up the edges of the openings so that you can get the pins fully into the holes and then let the vinyl form back up around the wings, it should be fine.

Well, that's not good, although that should just be a glue issue. I tried the hair dryer on the wing base and it worked pretty well. Because of the weight of the wings, they want to shift a little, but that's okay. Gotta expect certain issues with vinyl. That's why I've always liked resin models more. Nothing will ever beat this Asai 30cm version. No, that's not a picture of mine, but that is a picture of the model and not a still from the movie. ghidorah.jpg

If only you knew the hell we've gone through with our Ghidorahs.:lol

Oh believe me, I've been following it. At first I thought it was all just being upset with ghidorah being shipped out with no outer box, just slapping a label on the figures box itself. But then I started seeing all the actual issues with the figure. Bad bad news.

Got the '54 for Christmas from my goddaughter - score!

Sorry to have not been posting much of late, but I'm taking 2015 off from collecting to give my wallet a break. Temptation being what it is with me and this forum, I'll probably be hanging back a bit. Cheers to all for a happy 2015.

NICE! Ghidorah looks great. The coloring looks a bit shiny though-- kinda looks like a trophy haha. But it could just be the lighting. The eyes and detail on the head are very well done. I wonder how popular this one will be compared to the other recent X-plus releases.

So far, I've heard of only maybe two or three getting one without detached pieces. :lol That has to be a new low. Never had these kinds of issues with X-Plus before, not to this extent.

We're not hearing from the thousands that got one that was fine, only the squeaky wheels. I got one from Ami Ami that was fine. Waiting for one from HLJ as well. Almost got scared enough with all this talk to cancel it, but it will be okay. Whether it's a detached neck (a little glue) or stickers on the box (hair dryer) unless it's crushed, I'm sure I'll be happy.

We're not hearing from the thousands that got one that was fine, only the squeaky wheels. I got one from Ami Ami that was fine. Waiting for one from HLJ as well. Almost got scared enough with all this talk to cancel it, but it will be okay. Whether it's a detached neck (a little glue) or stickers on the box (hair dryer) unless it's crushed, I'm sure I'll be happy.

If you go by sampling size like most polls do Id say there is a major problem. One collector is missing the bottom jaw on one of the heads. I think the Xplus's QC shares the blame but it's hard to say how much because AmiAmi's horrible shipping standard. I for one don't like the idea of spending over 300.00 on a figure that needs fixing no matter how small the fix is. I guess it's the principal of it for me. If you accept it then there is no reason for Xplus or AmiAmi to change their ways.

Back