Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is AmiAmi's email response that was posted on FB By a Fellow Collector

attachment.php

Ship this. *grabs crotch*

Thinking I might take my business over to HLJ after this, at least with the larger-sized figures. Don't see why GBG was shipped without a hitch, yet putting a box around Ghidorah would've exceeded a size limit. Honestly, I'm thinking it's because GBG arrived from the factory to the retailer in a shipper, one figure per box. With Ghidorah, it was two per shipper.

I live in Japan and I visited a friend last week. The centerpiece of his living room was this gorgeous GIANT Godzilla toy. I'm not really up on my Godzilla stuff, but I'm fairly sure it's "Burning Godzilla" from the 1995 movie?

It's HUGE...and heavy. Felt like one solid piece. He said it was about $450!!! He bought it last summer I think? I'm not a Godzilla fan but I can appreciate an amazing toy/statue when I see one...the detail was incredible. I found myself staring at the toy instead of the TV....it just drew all my attention.

Anyone have this one?

nlxtfs.jpg

Yep, that's the one. Like I said, I'm not even a fan of the big G but DAMN that is a gorgeous piece isn't it??

Everyone and their mothers have the GBG.. or at least those in this forum :lol
It definitely has a presence though. Enjoy seeing everyone's pictures. Kinda doesn't seem to fit any shelves from the pics I've seen. I don't think I'll ever own one myself, but I am looking forward to a different burning G that should be coming in the mail soon.

As cool as GBG is, I miss my old Marmit '95, really hurt to have to sell it but no surprise, it went for a lot and i was in desperate need of money at the time.

5988984705_fd9e6a19ea_o.jpg

My response from amiami re: King G damage.

Hi, Jacob.

Thank you for the photos.

We see that the box was quite smashed in one corner. While we sincerely ap
ologize that we had no choice in this particular case but to ship the item
without putting it in a shipping box, we cannot say with absolute certaint
y that this was the sole cause of the damage to your item considering how
damaged the box was. We've seen other customers from the U.S. where the bo
x arrived in acceptable condition, so we are inclined to believe in this c
ase that your parcel was mishandled during shipment.

That said, we kindly ask that you please try visiting your local post offi
ce to see if it is possible to file a damage report for this item. If you
are able to submit one, please provide us with a scan or legible photo of
your customer's copy (it should have a postal marking on it to confirm it
was submitted) so we can forward it to Japan Post and process the claim. I
n the case that you are unable to receive assistance, please let us know.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

Sincerely,
AmiAmi

My response from amiami re: King G damage.
Pay Pal dispute my man, they're going to drag their feet on that postal claim and your 45 days to file a claim will be up and then they'll offer you $10 as a final solution.

wow ***** Amiami!.So sorry SurlyJ.I dont even own king G and reading that just pissed me the hell off!.Basically they said screw you have the post office deal with you.

Pay Pal dispute my man, they're going to drag their feet on that postal claim and your 45 days to file a claim will be up and then they'll offer you $10 as a final solution.

Well, I think the paypal dispute period is now 180 days. But like I said before, a dispute win means I have to return it and get my $300 back. Where am. I going to find another King G for $300? Nowhere. I've repaired mine and it displays fine. I'll get more than $10 out of them. They gave me $30 back for a small piece that broke on a grendizer I ordered from them and that thing cost less than King G overall. I'll try the post office tomorrow, see what they say.

wow ***** Amiami!.So sorry SurlyJ.I dont even own king G and reading that just pissed me the hell off!.Basically they said screw you have the post office deal with you.

If I give them the benefit of the doubt they will file a claim with Japan Post and give me the proceeds. That's what ****ing shipping insurance is for.

Yep, that's the one. Like I said, I'm not even a fan of the big G but DAMN that is a gorgeous piece isn't it??
Its the most demanding thing in my collection. All eyes go to him immediately. He's a gorgeous beast. Love lookng at the angry expression and snarling mouth.

One day I may pick up one of the gigantic series. I would probably go for 2001 though. Love the stylization of it.

Gmk is very neat. If you are a fan of the pose and the design of that year he's a must. Surprised they havent announced the next one in the lineup.

Yeah, we'll see. Whatever I do it won't be for a good long while. I also love the burning G. I mainly love the pose for gmk, and the design is interesting. Kind of hope for a classic 90s Godzilla for the gigantic line.

Back