Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After examining my Ghidorah and comparing it to photos of mine when it was brand new, it was apparent that there was some minor drooping in the left wing. This is probably due us running the heater. I’ve since closed the vent to the collecting room. I’m also wondering if the wings being so close to the LEDs caused the drooping as well. They don’t get hot by any means but they do get a little warm. I barely use them though.

So what I did was heat up the wing joint that was drooping in increments of 30 seconds, pushed the wing back to its original place, made the wing a sling out of painters tape, and attached it to the corner of my shelf. So now Ghidorah is stuck in that position until it cools off. We’ll see if it stays!

99A6B428-EDDC-4187-A8D7-CE72B1A7FC73.jpeg

The Spiral Studios 1998 Godzilla looks fantastic! I feel a bit weird about wanting it considering the movie is not that great, but it's really nice and it's a version I don't have anything from.

View attachment 622113
Aside from the head, this just doesn't evoke the feel of the movie monster to me. The colors, the proportions, the sculpting style all feel off. I've seen far better sculpts made by independent artists on Instagram. The dorsal fins ought to be more blue. The body should be darker with more iridescent bits like a fish. The skin texture also feels too exaggerated, too sharp.

1675961344009.png

1675960793669.png

The glass eyes are nice, though.

1675960546603.png

Last edited:
The license requires them to sell it as Zilla, which would fall under Final Wars rather than the '98 movie, even though that CGI didn't live up to the '98 CGI model, but it has me wondering if certain details like the colors are the way they are to meet a Zilla style guide rather than the '98 style guide.

It's a huge piece for sure.

2.jpeg

Last edited:
Yikes. Proportions look completely wrong. All this talk of accuracy in their Instagram post -- Tatopolous himself commented how great it was that his design was finally replicated "the right way" -- and I don't see it.

Hope another company takes a crack at this.

I would think they have a lot of reference material and that maybe some of the difference could just be due to comparison to the movie where lighting is going to vary drastically and the VFX/color correction is not as well done as things today.
I do think though in terms of aesthetics that the general skin color should be darker more like all the other versions of Godzilla.

G98_00775.jpg

It's certainly the closest of anything to date. The discrepancies make it hard to feel excited for it at $1100.

Here’s a comparison between the ‘98 and Final Wars models. It is odd to me that Spiral is selling this as Zilla when X-Plus has released two Deforeals under the Godzilla 1998 name.

70586EC9-804F-4B4C-B73E-9DEF90C43DD5.jpeg

Yikes. Proportions look completely wrong. All this talk of accuracy in their Instagram post -- Tatopolous himself commented how great it was that his design was finally replicated "the right way" -- and I don't see it.

Hope another company takes a crack at this.

I think they sacrificed accurate proportions so they could use the tail as a counterbalance. I’ve seen their reps bragging that it doesn’t need a tail stand and that it’s tail actually helps balance it out .

The Spiral Studios 1998 Godzilla looks fantastic! I feel a bit weird about wanting it considering the movie is not that great, but it's really nice and it's a version I don't have anything from.

View attachment 622113
Aside from the head, this just doesn't evoke the feel of the movie monster to me. The colors, the proportions, the sculpting style all feel off. I've seen far better sculpts made by independent artists on Instagram. The dorsal fins ought to be more blue. The body should be darker with more iridescent bits like a fish. The skin texture also feels too exaggerated, too sharp.

View attachment 622123

View attachment 622120

The glass eyes are nice, though.

View attachment 622119
Here’s a comparison between the ‘98 and Final Wars models. It is odd to me that Spiral is selling this as Zilla when X-Plus has released two Deforeals under the Godzilla 1998 name.

View attachment 622168

I think they sacrificed accurate proportions so they could use the tail as a counterbalance. I’ve seen their reps bragging that it doesn’t need a tail stand and that it’s tail actually helps balance it out .
Frogzilla next!

7aopzn.jpg

shaw_carrot3frogzilla.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone order a Burning Godzilla from Spiral Studios? Paid my shipping invoice a month and a half ago, but haven't heard anything back from then on it.

Omega Beast also released this list today as well. Their preorder window for their Closed Mouth Shin Godzilla also opened today. I can’t wait for this Shin! Their Kamata-Kun will be my first Omega Beast figure.

FCEED667-45A2-4733-AA6C-968F359860C4.jpeg

View attachment 622113
The weird thing about this is that it’s a very cool design and it could work as an updated Godzilla but the movie and how it was portrayed as this weak coward monster who gets killed by jets will always make me dislike him. But that animated series is what the film should have been.

I finally got my hands on the X-Plus Disco Godzilla!

I sold my standard version a few weeks ago when I found this guy on Mandrake for a great deal. Getting this and the G Store Godzilla The Ride really added some extra color to the shelf.

3CEBBA69-D893-4FB5-81D8-A28290067DD2.jpeg

807AE9E4-22A7-4072-8869-404BCE8A8297.jpeg

Last edited:
Back