Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been understandable if Funko even absorbed Mondo and just kept the different divisions running. It just feels like they’re burning money at this point.

Just received my first ever SH Monsterarts Godzilla, Shin Godzilla Fourth Form Night Combat Version.

Wow!

The Shin design is my favourite, truly terrifying. This is a gorgeous piece. The sculpt is fantastic, paint really good and the eyes aren’t derpy.

Sorry for the phone pics, I need more practice.

Attachments

• 86520BD7-0298-42F9-9775-BE1340ADEC7A.jpeg
    86520BD7-0298-42F9-9775-BE1340ADEC7A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 80AE3117-81C4-40C6-A394-6D09493349C5.jpeg
    80AE3117-81C4-40C6-A394-6D09493349C5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 730CDB31-4E70-460B-9E4C-84F73039E638.jpeg
    730CDB31-4E70-460B-9E4C-84F73039E638.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • CE8F9FD2-1180-40CD-AF5B-6E2B5477D672.jpeg
    CE8F9FD2-1180-40CD-AF5B-6E2B5477D672.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Just received my first ever SH Monsterarts Godzilla, Shin Godzilla Fourth Form Night Combat Version.

Wow!

The Shin design is my favourite, truly terrifying. This is a gorgeous piece. The sculpt is fantastic, paint really good and the eyes aren’t derpy.

Sorry for the phone pics, I need more practice.
He looks pretty good! It looks like he’s translucent in the photos. They did a good job with the paint apps.

He looks pretty good! It looks like he’s translucent in the photos. They did a good job with the paint apps.
Yeah, it's translucent red plastic. If you shine a light behind him he gives of this fiery red glow, looks fantastic. I'm so stoked with this guy, the articulation is superb to it's very easy to get him into some awesome poses.

Have to box some things back up due to a sudden death in the family and multiple people being in and out of the place in the next 2 days. Dont need that added stress right now. Does the Mondo PF Godzilla Styrofoam fit tightly together or would you recommend keeping it taped shut while in storage?

Have to box some things back up due to a sudden death in the family and multiple people being in and out of the place in the next 2 days. Dont need that added stress right now. Does the Mondo PF Godzilla Styrofoam fit tightly together or would you recommend keeping it taped shut while in storage?
Sorry for your loss.

I would just tape it to be safe.

Ever since I discovered that the top of my X-Plus King Ghidorah ‘19’s left wing was drooping, I’ve been having nonstop trouble trying to fix it. It feels like I’ve been straightening it out every 2 weeks.

I was at the end of my rope when I realized today that the whole wing was angled to lean forward. This was causing top of the wing to droop because it became too top heavy. Whether it’s always been like that, or it warped over time is unknown to me.

I took the heat gun to the base of the wing and literally bent it backwards over my knee to completely straighten it. So now that I’ve fixed the overall structural issue, I guess we’ll see if it worked.

I can’t help but think, as I’m sitting here holding my Ghidorah’s wing in place, that they really whiffed on these wings. They should have made them out of the same material that Mothra ‘92’s were made out of.

The wings on mine noticably drooped when the room got warm from my computer running when I was doing long hours processing. It's not drastic but it is surprising how it didn't take that much heat to make it do that.

The wings on mine noticably drooped when the room got warm from my computer running when I was doing long hours processing. It's not drastic but it is surprising how it didn't take that much heat to make it do that.
Not at all. The thermostat is never over 75°, yet it was enough to do damage. I’m honestly thinking of selling this one off and seeing what the W-Dragon figure looks like.

This Ghidorah is the bane of my existence. After all the work I did with the wings they just don’t want to stay up. They don’t droop too badly but it’s not what I paid for and I got the Ric. I think I’m going to fix the wings again, box it and just sell it off.

Just received the Spiral Studios Burning Godzilla. He is awesome! Plug is in the small base holding up the tail, for those that got the cheapy version like me. My only issue is that the eyes are very hard to see when he's not lit up. Might add a daub of white to the eyeballs at some point and see how that looks.
20230501_200142.jpg

Just received the Spiral Studios Burning Godzilla. He is awesome! Plug is in the small base holding up the tail, for those that got the cheapy version like me. My only issue is that the eyes are very hard to see when he's not lit up. Might add a daub of white to the eyeballs at some point and see how that looks.View attachment 637426
Best night lite ever!

Absolutely bat **** insane once those wings are connected lol

Not just King of the Monsters also King of Godzilla Collectibles!

Behold, trust me you are not prepared for this lol

Last edited:
Back