Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken from Kaiju Battle’s Facebook.

329030DC-12EF-46A7-9323-9A84EA862367.png

07A63547-9EB7-4045-8451-A3248984E8BF.png

AC29E364-F0BD-463A-A19D-511D89DEBC8B.png

C87316FA-44D9-471A-8AC0-169A61C8CB50.png

That Destroyah!!
09E7569C-2B98-44D6-B7A2-1518CE1796EA.gif

More pics of the Godzilla ‘02 and FSL Destroyah from Kaiju Live’s Facebook. Either Destroyah is humongous or the ‘02 is a small gigantic lol. Regardless, that Destroyah sculpt is ridiculously good.

5A032A4A-2AE4-44B1-B57B-D2FED9A793B5.jpeg

48AE1486-5101-4772-A700-E27AF16B6C81.jpeg

CE6788D1-99F3-43B4-85AE-E9DE491A50DE.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m here to burst everyone’s bubble about the Destoroyah.

D41FC98A-4E24-4EF2-A22B-2C24F651F700.jpeg

The unpainted resin kit:

49493F47-DD06-4CBD-B168-D3A98950DABE.jpeg

This is gonna be one big expensive boy that is definitely out of my price range.

1BE2B5ED-507F-4779-95B1-AF488CCF1364.gif

That Gigantic Destoroyah is coming. Anyone an open 2ft x 2.5ft x 2ft space in their home? Lol that thing is massive! It’s only going to be $726, which sounds like steal for a resin statue. I would think shipping would be $300-400. The price is definitely lower than I’d expect.

Update on my Mondo G vs Biollante Saga. After a four MONTH wait for shipping, several misdeliveries, and THREE successful Return to Senders thwarted, the package is finally secured and in my possession! I'm jealous of the travel miles this guy's racked up (it shows too). I'll bet he's got some war stories! :LOL: But, the moment is here. Behold!

20230323_142729.jpg

Ok so it's a box. It's a start. I'm gonna savor this moment. I'm pretty sure this is one of--if not THE longest anyone's waited for an item that was supposedly *not* a preorder and advertised as in stock.

Speaking of the shipping box, is it much larger than the actual product box? It's going in storage til I find a spot for him. Thinking of removing and ditching the outer to save space. If not much larger, I'll keep it for now.

Just realized it's probably a good idea-- even more so now with all it's been through-- to check for damage. Is it a pain to remove from box to inspect this statue? The box is pretty light for the huge size!

Last edited:
Update on my Mondo G vs Biollante Saga. After a four MONTH wait for shipping, several misdeliveries, and THREE successful Return to Senders thwarted, the package is finally secured and in my possession! I'm jealous of the travel miles this guy's racked up (it shows too). I'll bet he's got some war stories! :LOL: But, the moment is here. Behold!

View attachment 629615

Ok so it's a box. It's a start. I'm gonna savor this moment. I'm pretty sure this is one of--if not THE longest anyone's waited for an item that was supposedly *not* a preorder and advertised as in stock.

Speaking of the shipping box, is it much larger than the actual product box? It's going in storage til I find a spot for him. Thinking of removing and ditching the outer to save space. If not much larger, I'll keep it for now.

Just realized it's probably a good idea-- even more so now with all it's been through-- to check for damage. Is it a pain to remove from box to inspect this statue? The box is pretty light for the huge size!
Wow so it does exist! I’m glad you finally got it. What a shipping experience that turned out to be. From what I remember the art box is a little smaller than the shipper. All of the packing is a little tight and I remember having a little bit of a struggle fitting the statue back in to it’s styrofoam prison (it had been almost a year since I unboxed it). I would recommend taking photos of what it looks like packed so you can just match it later.

That's a crazy amount of time to wait but it's good you finally got it. Are you not going to open it?
While I don't buy stuff with intent to sell I keep that in mind when I buy stuff, it makes it much easier to ship something when you have all the shipping stuff that it originally came with. I've also been more careful over the years with stuff like the plastic and other packing materials inside so that they can be reused. And if the item is particularly complex in how it's boxed then taking pictures before removing anything can help to pack it up again later. Helps for moving too.

Wow so it does exist! I’m glad you finally got it. What a shipping experience that turned out to be. From what I remember the art box is a little smaller than the shipper. All of the packing is a little tight and I remember having a little bit of a struggle fitting the statue back in to it’s styrofoam prison (it had been almost a year since I unboxed it). I would recommend taking photos of what it looks like packed so you can just match it later.
Thanks! It was definitely a long wait (and don't think I didn't consider just canceling a couple times). When that shipping notice finally came completely out of the blue one day, I think I was on my 3rd or 4th second thoughts. I was basically days away from telling them where they could put it 😆 When things started going south with delivery after all that, I went Jason Bourne on the delivery company 😆 But seriously, some very good people in FedEx helped me out here. Fedex gets a lot of (deserved) flack but these people worked with me patiently (there was probably some taking pity going on too, but whatever works lol--and turned a Mission Impossible into a reality.

Good call on the pics. I always forget about that until *after* I've torn it all apart 😄
That's a crazy amount of time to wait but it's good you finally got it. Are you not going to open it?
While I don't buy stuff with intent to sell I keep that in mind when I buy stuff, it makes it much easier to ship something when you have all the shipping stuff that it originally came with. I've also been more careful over the years with stuff like the plastic and other packing materials inside so that they can be reused. And if the item is particularly complex in how it's boxed then taking pictures before removing anything can help to pack it up again later. Helps for moving too.
Oh I'm definitely opening it. Was just a question of when and how tough it would be removing it (soon after). Unfortunately I don't have the room to display at the moment, but I do want to see it for myself with my own two eyes. Plus it being a statue, I want to make sure nothing is broken. I don't plan to sell it anytime soon, but that will greatly depend how it looks in-hand. I don't have many other Godzilla statues and the box is ginormous. If I like it, it's all good! But if I don't, I'll be looking to move it pretty quick. Don't need any sour reminders hanging around sucking up room.

So from which end do I need to open it?? There's not really an obvious choice. The box has so much tape on it, through. It's that adhesive wrap stuff that covers up cracks and slits. I guess it's good.for package integrity.

Last edited:
Just saw an article that most of Mondo has been gutted, so it's good that you got your shipment sorted out
where did you read this? Link? I know they were bought out but it was supposed to be more a partnership with the main changes to be increased production capital and resources. All good things. Of course growing pains are expected but things were looking promising with the positive response to QC complaints. If all that is just going away then that's just horrible and Mondo deserves better. My quarrel was mainly with Zavvi and their nonexistent CS.

What the hell is Funko thinking? It's like they bought the company just for tax reasons or so they could pacify stockholders by showing cutbacks! And if so, I hope Mondo finds a way to sue the HELL out of them!

Now, I’m going to have to get the Mondo exclusive records that I want before they’re gone. It’s probably a good idea to go get some of the Godzilla sofubis from the aftermarket before they explode in price.

I don’t understand why Funko would do this. All they really had to do was set it and forget it, unless Mondo was losing money?

Edit: I went ahead and got these two prints that I had my eye on. I noticed a lot of Mondo stuff on Mercari is selling too.

B3103146-360A-4E17-A595-2AA83AE9C863.jpeg

F1E745E3-B522-44EB-A687-406C07BC790F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back