Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MUTOs have arrived!

D57C40A6-0436-4248-BEA8-23CBBE5E5F4A.jpeg

3008122A-CC85-4EF8-B546-DF0372DB6DD4.jpeg

02EC55A9-FC83-46EA-8C2B-5A77B4A7DC8B.jpeg

Those look pretty good. They look like they scale nicely with SHMA figures. Do you have the SHMA G2014? If so, can you post a pic of 2014 with the MUTOs?
I have to say, the sculpts and the paint job on these figures are top notch. With it being a Bandai product, I’m pleasantly surprised at how good the paint is.

I only have the G2019. So here they are next to each other:

6998DEB7-48F5-4B2C-8BED-462DFFCD2B34.jpeg
1CABFFCA-CE74-4C6A-B929-CACA5C05C681.jpeg
8C945473-D6BB-4FA9-9D8C-2E21675EE59B.jpeg

They look good together. Thanks for posting the pics.
You’re welcome!

Those MUTOs look cool. No articulation, right? I'd love to have SHMA versions, but these are probably the closest we will get.
They do have limited articulation in all of their major limbs, like their arms and legs.

The female can move all four of her bigger arms and her legs.

The male can move his front two arms, his legs and his wings and move a little too.

They all move at the hip and shoulder joints but can’t bend at the elbows and knees.

Sadly besides this release and the Sprial Studios figure, I think this is all we will get. It would be nice to see more MUTO love by figure makers that’s for sure.

Monsterarts Mechagodzilla arrived today from Sideshow. Awesome figure, joints are really tight.
View attachment 569816
I got mine a few days ago from BBTS, and it's a really cool figure. It's a bigger than I expected. The tail is just great, the little piston/hydraulics are cool, and the hidden shoulder launchers are neat details. There's a lot there. And the hands utilize a pretty interesting method.

Why are you canceling all of them? Is this a review for the stuff that’s coming out or do you not like what’s in the video?

Why are you canceling all of them? Is this a review for the stuff that’s coming out or do you not like what’s in the video?
It’s a review for the Mezco Destroy All Monsters set. In the video, there are a ton of QC issues with paint application for these guys. When someone starts saying that Bandai MMS has better paint apps, then there’s a big problem.

I’m not sure if it’s exclusive to his set, but it’s also enough for me to not spend $150 on both sets either. I’ve been burned by Mezco before, so this also isn’t a surprise to me.

I got mine and they are awesome!

E: Oh my god - right at the start he shows them on Minya and it's little tiny slivers less than the size of my pinky... way to blow it out of proportion.

Honestly, for a $150, the paint apps better be damn near perfect. The last thing I want them to be compared to paint quality-wise are Bandai MMS.

It's not a $150 figure. They're $75-80 sets with 4 figures in each. They're $20 figures, so I think you should keep that in mind. I wouldn't expect absolute perfection.

It's not a $150 figure. They're $75-80 sets with 4 figures in each. They're $20 figures, so I think you should keep that in mind. I wouldn't expect absolute perfection.
This is true! My mind immediately goes to the $150 and thinks of it being a wasted 25 cm X-Plus lol.

Edit: After a little thought on the subject, I also view the Reaction figures to be quite overpriced at $20. Of course it’s due to the world we live in today and it’s just my opinion. To each their own! It’s always nice that we have different options.

Last edited:
The Ric Titanosaurus is up on their site. I ended up going with the standard on AmiAmi. I couldn’t justify paying $17 more for a submarine accessory.
View attachment 572057
Titanosaurus

The Toho Maniacs Dr. Serizawa is also available on the US Store! I preordered this as well. $69.63 including DHL shipping is a pretty sweet deal.

View attachment 572058
https://us.ric-toy.com/200045p-wldna.html

Thanks! It's not big but I noticed there's a swap out tail for Titanosaurus as well.

Back