Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian Flynn with Super7 did a few interviews in the last few days and talked Godzilla stuff. For the Ultimates he said they're going to start more modern and work their way back, opposite of ReAction which is starting from '54. I have to think when he says modern he means Millennium and not Legendary.

They'll probably be $85, he said they're 3/4" taller than Lion-O but 3 or so Lion-O's wide, so big/hefty. They haven't listed them because they waffled on doing a 4 figure wave and didn't want to hit people with $350 at once, so they're now doing a versus pair, Godzilla and one monster.

Another Godzilla ReAction figure not shown yet will be coming, maybe already in production or another Shogun variant knowing them haha.
Wow. So overall bigger ultimates. $85 is a bit steep for Ultimates, but I’m still excited to see what they come up with. Since they said “modern”, I wonder where that starting point it? SP? Shin? Can’t wait to find out

Wow. So overall bigger ultimates. $85 is a bit steep for Ultimates, but I’m still excited to see what they come up with. Since they said “modern”, I wonder where that starting point it? SP? Shin? Can’t wait to find out

One thing I missed that someone brought up in another forum is that Flynn was talking about Godzilla and referencing how hefty/wide the suits were, so I would think they're doing the man in suit Godzillas for now. Also that it'll be a Godzilla and a monster he faced in that suit, not mixing up the movies to start.

One thing I missed that someone brought up in another forum is that Flynn was talking about Godzilla and referencing how hefty/wide the suits were, so I would think they're doing the man in suit Godzillas for now. Also that it'll be a Godzilla and a monster he faced in that suit, not mixing up the movies to start.
That’s pretty cool. I would love to get a Godzilla vs Megaguirus set. Megaguirus needs more love!

A lot of preorders starting today: The X-Plus Godzilla vs Gigan set, Deforeal Gigan and Deforeal Varan. They’re all on the Ric site. The Godzilla vs. Gigan set is a Ric exclusive.

I’m going to wait for AmiAmi to open preorders for the deforeals to see what they’re going for.

Here’s a link for those who are interested!
https://us.ric-toy.com/

Shin_1_2e3df786-091e-4cb2-b4e2-c36e0546103b_large.jpg

Shin_9_2c59dd65-9c83-4da8-8c8b-d178563c7dd1_large.jpg

Shin_10_57cd0d54-1982-4932-bef9-4e8e68e60898_large.jpg

They're making that giant deforeal Shin Godzilla. It looks awesome, look at the size of that head! $250 at Awesome Collector for the regular, $370 for Ric there. I'm not sure if this is sold at the US RIC?.

I wasn't betting on Super7 at all with these, but... damn. They look great. Solid face sculpt on Godzilla, better than Mezco's and Mondo's IMO.

And in classic Super7 fashion, they're a little overpriced for what they are. :lol

Whoa. I have to admit they did a good job with the Godzilla ‘89 sculpt but I have enough representation of ‘89 in my collection. Also no atomic breath, cmon guys! What I don’t have is a rose Biollante that isn’t a gashapon. I’m in!

Godzilla looks pretty cool, but they look a little plasticky. Especially if they are a gloss finish rather than a matte finish. At $85 I'd rather get the Monsterarts for $10 more. Even though it's a smaller scale. Looking forward to seeing some picture comparisons down the road though.

I own the '54 Monsterarts & both the Neca '89 (same) and the 1st movie Godzilla. Those are really the only 3 versions of Godzilla I want. Still may want to upgrade my Neca's to the Bandai S.H.Monsterarts some day.

Last edited:
Whoa. I have to admit they did a good job with the Godzilla ‘89 sculpt but I have enough representation of ‘89 in my collection. Also no atomic breath, cmon guys! What I don’t have is a rose Biollante that isn’t a gashapon. I’m in!

The no atomic breath was a surprise to me too.

Godzilla looks pretty cool, but they look a little plastically. Especially if they are a gloss finish rather than a matte finish. At $85 I'd rather get the Monsterarts for $10 more. Even though it's a smaller scale. Looking forward to seeing some picture comparisons down the road though.

I own the '54 Monsterarts & both the Neca '89 (same) and the 1st movie Godzilla. Those are really the only 3 versions of Godzilla I want. Still may want to upgrade my Neca's to the Bandai S.H.Monsterarts some day.

Yeah I really hope these have paint on them. I thought NECA really stepped up in the last year or two for Godzillas so I passed on Bandai's '89, but I did get their Biollante.

X-Plus announced new Deforeals Godzilla ‘73 and Titanosaurus and a Toho Maniacs Serizawa!

The ‘73 Godzilla is up for preorder on the US Ric site, while all 3 are up for preorder on the Japanese site. Titanosaurus and Serizawa will be up for preorder later on the US site.
Godzilla(1973)

9553BC57-22AA-404B-800B-61671DADB83F.jpeg

Man, I told myself that I would cool it on buying so many Deforeals this year, but X-Plus has done an amazing job with character selection and design this year. It’s hard not to buy them all!

X-Plus announced new Deforeals Godzilla ‘73 and Titanosaurus and a Toho Maniacs Serizawa!

The ‘73 Godzilla is up for preorder on the US Ric site, while all 3 are up for preorder on the Japanese site. Titanosaurus and Serizawa will be up for preorder later on the US site.
Godzilla(1973)

View attachment 568889

Man, I told myself that I would cool it on buying so many Deforeals this year, but X-Plus has done an amazing job with character selection and design this year. It’s hard not to buy them all!

Serizawa caught my eye and I think I'll get him. I never got any of the other RIC Deforeals, but I wasn't aware they came with swap out parts? Is that new? I was surprised both of these come with the body parts to make the regular release too.

Serizawa caught my eye and I think I'll get him. I never got any of the other RIC Deforeals, but I wasn't aware they came with swap out parts? Is that new? I was surprised both of these come with the body parts to make the regular release too.
I think this is the first time that we are seeing the swap outs! I think it’s pretty cool. A much more welcome change. I’d rather have swap outs over a light up. Would it be too much to ask for magnets lol?

Does the US Ric site get all of the exclusives? I don't see the Titanosaurus Deforeal or the Dr. Serizawa on the site. I've never used it before, not sure if I'm missing something.

Does the US Ric site get all of the exclusives? I don't see the Titanosaurus Deforeal or the Dr. Serizawa on the site. I've never used it before, not sure if I'm missing something.
They almost always do. They’ll eventually be on the site. Kaijubattle.com confirmed it.

X-Plus DefoReal Godzilla 1973, Titanosaurus, & Toho Maniacs Dr. Serizawa

I’d recommend using the ric site if you want the ric version of the figures. They have a great deal with DHL for low cost shipping.

Back