Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve seen photos of the HB Godzilla that people have received. That vertical line on Mondo’s HB Godzilla stomach area looks…suspect. Then some guy on FB wiped it off to take away the effect and it made it worse lol.

Mezco Godzilla vs Hedorah XL set up for preorder! Pretty cool little set. I wish they gave Godzilla an arm with the skeleton hand.
Mezco 5 Points XL Godzilla vs Hedorah 1971 Boxed Set

Also, Winter Wonderfest is this weekend too. I can’t wait to see the X-Plus revealed. Maybe we finally get that Mecha King Ghidorah? I can see a prototype for the GvK Mechagodzilla being revealed and maybe a new Gigan to go with last year’s Megalon. I’m a little hyped about this weekend lol.

Mezco Godzilla vs Hedorah XL set up for preorder! Pretty cool little set. I wish they gave Godzilla an arm with the skeleton hand.
Mezco 5 Points XL Godzilla vs Hedorah 1971 Boxed Set

Also, Winter Wonderfest is this weekend too. I can’t wait to see the X-Plus revealed. Maybe we finally get that Mecha King Ghidorah? I can see a prototype for the GvK Mechagodzilla being revealed and maybe a new Gigan to go with last year’s Megalon. I’m a little hyped about this weekend lol.

I kinda wish Godzilla had an alternate head too that wasn't just that one look, since it's really specific and his skin tone looks different than the other Godzilla. But I had a ton of Mezco points so I blew them on the set anyway haha. Honestly after the two Destroy All Monsters sets, the Mothra set, and this one there's not too much left for them to do. I'm guessing they're going to bundle a unique Godzilla in with all of them though to drive up the price. This is now the price of what two NECA Godzilla's were. The sets were a pretty great deal, but now it's getting pricier. I'm still looking forward to getting them though, they look great.

I kinda wish Godzilla had an alternate head too that wasn't just that one look, since it's really specific and his skin tone looks different than the other Godzilla. But I had a ton of Mezco points so I blew them on the set anyway haha. Honestly after the two Destroy All Monsters sets, the Mothra set, and this one there's not too much left for them to do. I'm guessing they're going to bundle a unique Godzilla in with all of them though to drive up the price. This is now the price of what two NECA Godzilla's were. The sets were a pretty great deal, but now it's getting pricier. I'm still looking forward to getting them though, they look great.
I agree, a little more variety would have been nice, and yes the value is there still! I preordered it as well just out of it being a good deal lol.

I could see them doing a Mechagodzilla/Terror of Mechagodzilla set or maybe do a Final Wars set? That would be interesting. Maybe an accessory set like they did with the new Conan and Batman figure.

You are correct. It is based off of the movie maquette.
yes, that is the one. The most accurate, because it's from the movie maquette itself. :)

Oh man. That is one pricey big boy. I’ve been looking for that figure for the last year and a half and can’t find anything under $1500 used. Definitely grail worthy!

Oh man. That is one pricey big boy. I’ve been looking for that figure for the last year and a half and can’t find anything under $1500 used. Definitely grail worthy!
Indeed, but it's all worth the price.
I don't think you can find one below $2000 nowadays. But that piece will be the most accurate Shin Godzilla ever made.. and the price will only goes up!

Indeed, but it's all worth the price.
I don't think you can find one below $2000 nowadays. But that piece will be the most accurate Shin Godzilla ever made.. and the price will only goes up!
One day I will own it but not any time soon lol. I wonder what the odds are for a rerelease down the road.

One day I will own it but not any time soon lol. I wonder what the odds are for a rerelease down the road.
Hahah yeah, have to be on your list! It's a grail.

About rerelease/reissue, I recently managed to cross out one of my grails to have list, Kaneda's 1/6 bike, because of a surprise rerelease.. So who knows.
It might happen, and of course, it might not.
I think it will depend on kaiyodo, Hideaki Anno, and Takayuki Takeya's agreement.
Kaiyodo reissued Goji '54 model kit, if I'm not mistaken.. so everything is possible.

Hahah yeah, have to be on your list! It's a grail.

About rerelease/reissue, I recently managed to cross out one of my grails to have list, Kaneda's 1/6 bike, because of a surprise rerelease.. So who knows.
It might happen, and of course, it might not.
I think it will depend on kaiyodo, Hideaki Anno, and Takayuki Takeya's agreement.
Kaiyodo reissued Goji '54 model kit, if I'm not mistaken.. so everything is possible.
Yeah, that bike and the Kaneda figure were insanely priced in the aftermarket! I can only hope for a rerelease. I’m looking WAY ahead here and fantasizing a bit but maybe for the 10 year anniversary lol.

Yeah, that bike and the Kaneda figure were insanely priced in the aftermarket! I can only hope for a rerelease. I’m looking WAY ahead here and fantasizing a bit but maybe for the 10 year anniversary lol.
Indeed! But the reissue made it possible for me to have em.
Hahaha yeah, that would be a good time for it, but for me personally, I hope they will create something new and exciting for that event! :D

I
Indeed! But the reissue made it possible for me to have em.
Hahaha yeah, that would be a good time for it, but for me personally, I hope they will create something new and exciting for that event! :D
If I remember correctly, a Yuji Sakai Awakening Shin was shown a few years ago at an event. I’m honestly waiting for the Mecha King Ghidorah to finally be up for PO.

Oh it's that kit, I saw that one yeah!
I thought he releases a prepainted vinyl one, hahah.
I don't have the time and skill to do a model kit, so yeah, I'll skip that one.

Thanks for the link, man!
Well they did show it off at the X-Plus table a few years ago so you have to know it’s in the lineup! That’s just the only link I could find of it, but I specifically remember it sitting on the table around the time they introduced the gigantic Mechagodzilla.
You’re welcome!

Back