Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the ankles have enough range of motion to support walking poses. If that's the case, I wish they would've created an additional ball joint at the base of the head so no matter how the neck turns, the head can be made level. Without that, turning the neck makes it feel toyish.

11943.Jpg

This might be a minor gripe, but I'm also not super jazzed about the eyes. While I like the clear plastic, the lack of an iris pattern (even the cartoony lines that X-Plus sometimes does) makes them look weak in close-ups.

11936.Jpg

X-Plus eyes for comparison:
xplus-gig-1989.png

Last edited:
Given that it's electronic and articulated, I don't think $450 is crazy given the prices on X-Plus Gigantics and those are just vinyl statues.

My problems are that if it's $450 I'd want swap out parts instead of just the one head with articulated jaw. Like someone mentioned, looking up would help a lot. If they offered some different options it would make the cost easier to swallow. Their Kong figure was $250 (can be had for like $200 now), so while I expected this to be more, I didn't think nearly twice as much. I'll be good with their 5 points Godzilla sets.

I have a lot of issues with sculpt as well. I understand that this is a 3D rendering but it’s just a generic Heisei Godzilla. It kinda looks like ‘89 but it doesn’t fully commit to the look.

Man…a TON of Godzilla merch has been released in the past couple of days and I never thought my reaction would be “meh” for all of it. Patiently waiting for X-Plus to reveal their gigantic and that Daikaiju GvK Kong.

I wish I had found this thread sooner. Great to see one all about Godzilla collectibles.

The new Mezco looks pretty darn cool and awesome for sure. But at the price I think I’d stick to the X-Plus Gigantics. I have my first one coming next month, the new FSL ‘54 which looks amazing from the reviews. However I don’t even see myself getting another Gigantic, space is already a big problem. Not to mention the prices too.

I actually just posted my second YouTube video and it’s about the Bandai Ichibansho Sofvics GvK figure. Such a fantastic piece. Basically like a 8.5” tall X-Plus and only $75, compared to the $69 MSRP of the smaller MonsterArts, which is still an awesome figure. Please feel free to check it out below. It’s a quick one, but I also talk a little about my experience being an extra in Godzilla vs Kong.

BAE7C9F4-DD48-458F-B1FB-A2EBF4118EB4.jpeg
044C3CE0-A6E8-4C75-ABD1-3D940D9441C1.jpeg
9E504A56-402C-43C0-A719-2A6E15B58296.jpeg

Given that it's electronic and articulated, I don't think $450 is crazy given the prices on X-Plus Gigantics and those are just vinyl statues.
I have a gigantic 89 and a remote control 89 version sculpted by Sakai, and both are good representations but may get this one also. I would much rather see a movie accurate 95 with a light up feature. I built original resin kit version that the X-Plus 95 is based on some years back and it uses LED’s and clear parts to bring it to life but not movie accurate.

It's an incredible sculpt and great price, I got notified over the weekend that SIdeshow will be getting theirs in this week and shipping out. With rewards, I only need to pay shipping.

Absolutely, such an amazing piece and for the price you can’t go wrong. Especially with your rewards! You’ll enjoy it. I just wish the teeth were painted more cleanly, but other than that it’s a super nice figure/statue. Hope they put out a Kong and Mechagodzilla to go with him. And of course even the older Godzilla suits and kaiju

Absolutely, such an amazing piece and for the price you can’t go wrong. Especially with your rewards! You’ll enjoy it. I just wish the teeth were painted more cleanly, but other than that it’s a super nice figure/statue. Hope they put out a Kong and Mechagodzilla to go with him. And of course even the older Godzilla suits and kaiju
Yeah, from what I've seen, sloppy mouth is a consistent issue. Thankfully I'm comfortable with painting and can clean it up, but it's a shame for those who can't and don't want to pay to get it fixed. It is small enough that it should be fine on the shelf overall, I just know for my photo work, it's going to stand out as sloppy. I can't wait to shoot with the textures. The only Legendary Godzillas I have are SHMA and NECA, so this is my first high end, and I'm a big fan of Sakai so I'm glad to add his work to my collection, and I love the pose, very unique and powerful.

Yeah, from what I've seen, sloppy mouth is a consistent issue. Thankfully I'm comfortable with painting and can clean it up, but it's a shame for those who can't and don't want to pay to get it fixed. It is small enough that it should be fine on the shelf overall, I just know for my photo work, it's going to stand out as sloppy. I can't wait to shoot with the textures. The only Legendary Godzillas I have are SHMA and NECA, so this is my first high end, and I'm a big fan of Sakai so I'm glad to add his work to my collection, and I love the pose, very unique and powerful.
Yeah, that’s my gripe with the figure; the mouth and the overall paint apps. The sculpt is spot on! My girlfriend is an artist and has done touch ups for my X-Plus figures in the past. I told her once that Godzilla comes in, she has free reign to do what she pleases with it and make it look purdy. I’m excited to see how it’ll come out.

this is expensive. makes me appreciate the price of the Ultimate Mezco (Gigantic Scaled) Kong i got for about $225.

I wish I had found this thread sooner. Great to see one all about Godzilla collectibles.

The new Mezco looks pretty darn cool and awesome for sure. But at the price I think I’d stick to the X-Plus Gigantics. I have my first one coming next month, the new FSL ‘54 which looks amazing from the reviews. However I don’t even see myself getting another Gigantic, space is already a big problem. Not to mention the prices too.

the Gigantic 54 FSL is amazing, got mine last week. For me he's perfect. You are in for a treat. after getting him and owning the Gigantic 95, i too won't ever need another Gigantic Godzilla.

My X-Plus 2019 Rodan came in today. I have to say, in natural light, the Ric version’s paint job pops! I’m just a little disappointed that the Deforeal Rodan has a better paint apps.

The sculpt on the figure is top notch and the size of the eyes suits the scale of the figure. So no complaints there.

I’m in Southern CA, so I applied museum putty to keep the figure on that stand. You know, just in case a quake hits. I’m really not a fan of the stand.

Attachments

• 7833C2EC-C53D-48AF-B114-CCEAAE497443.jpeg
    7833C2EC-C53D-48AF-B114-CCEAAE497443.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 35
My X-Plus 2019 Rodan came in today. I have to say, in natural light, the Ric version’s paint job pops! I’m just a little disappointed that the Deforeal Rodan has a better paint apps.

The sculpt on the figure is top notch and the size of the eyes suits the scale of the figure. So no complaints there.

I’m in Southern CA, so I applied museum putty to keep the figure on that stand. You know, just in case a quake hits. I’m really not a fan of the stand.
Yea, the stand sucks pretty bad. You are right about the paint on the RIC wings. In hand the paint apps look really good.

Yea, the stand sucks pretty bad. You are right about the paint on the RIC wings. In hand the paint apps look really good.
They had all the time between Fire Rodan and now to think of a better idea too. I just don’t get it. If this Rodan falls off the stand he’s definitely breaking.

Yep! I unboxed the figure next to my window and was really pleasantly surprised at how nice the Ric paint apps were when the sunlight first hit it.

Back