Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, I'm glad you like the pics. That's my current favorite - Inoue's first Godzilla next to the Takeya Shin-Godzilla. Two real treasures!
I think we shared the same taste, Chip. I only have 2 overly large Kaiju.. One is the Kaiyodo Shin, and the other (still waiting for it to arrive) is the X-Plus Gigantic Godzilla 1954!!
That would be all for me. I'm good! Hahahaha!

I wouldn't become a big collector of the big figures, but the 1954 X-plus figure would be one to get, but I just don't have the space, or money for it really.
I totally understand, as I don't know where to put him anyway but I just need to have it as he's the first one. And the money, I also understand, but for me, I don't really have any plan to collect or buy any other Godzilla stuffs, so I'm thinking like, ok I can spend that much for these two and then I am good. No more Godzilla stuffs for me. I think, in a way, having those big 2 will be the same (in spending wise) with collecting many non gigantic Godzilla stuffs.. maybe collecting plenty of non gigantic stuffs will even cost more than these two! Depends on how crazy your collections are.. hahaha.

A few months ago, one of my Targets remodeled their store and the neca section in Electronics all but disappeared. Since then, that section just had pops, a couple of McFarlane figures, and maybe a random movie figure like IT.

I walked in yesterday not expecting to see anything as usual, and I was floored to find it full of Neca Godzilla. Of course it had to be a case of the store finding left over stock in the back and putting it out. But since I never got around to picking up most of them, I had to pinch myself at the second chance.

A couple were missing but for the most part it was almost the entire line up. I just wish I could have found a 1954 movie poster version. But I never saw that once even when it was supposed to be out. The prices were still full Target retail, but I wasn't going to complain either way. You never know what you're gonna find I guess.

cukPMV1.jpg

I remember watching re-runs of the Godzilla cartoon on Cartoon Network back in the day. The main thing I remember about it is the theme song, which was pretty catchy. :lol I saw the statue, and it’s cool looking, but not something I need.

Last edited:
I'm honestly shocked Super7 hasn't launched anything yet besides the ReAction. I thought they'd at least show off an Ultimate or do a reveal by now. The cartoon Godzilla is something I thought they'd do.

C1080D8D-3302-4C4D-A128-68D0CAC3D8AF.jpeg

The Mondo ‘89 Godzilla Premium Format Statue has arrived! I love the box art, the statue itself is cool. Nicely sculpted and the magnets are perfect. No blow dryers needed for this guy! The atomic breath add is the chef’s kiss for me.
3D4EFEF0-8BE8-46D1-ABA4-E2F38AE95C00.jpeg
73B5CE8D-DA44-4F85-9D89-328451E83E39.jpeg
1EAE5731-C9F5-43AF-9B62-BB5D459781BF.jpeg

Last edited:
What, no Godzooky!?

bc3.gif

Godzilla_Animated_P4-closeup_1024x.png
I always knew there was something that didn’t feel quite right about the statue. And thanks to your post I finally realized it’s the color! Looks more like Godzooky’s color scheme than Godzilla’s.

A minor quibble, to be sure. Especially considering the odds of this ever even being produced at all!

Back