Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's ridiculous to me is that at $500+ for an 18" vinyl, the paint is still subpar, for $500, these should come with the most spot on paint apps you could ask for.

What's ridiculous to me is that at $500+ for an 18" vinyl, the paint is still subpar, for $500, these should come with the most spot on paint apps you could ask for.
Agreed, which is why I think the ric is more justifiable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

X-Plus offers some great looking pieces, but I've always viewed them as the worst bang-for-your-buck company producing Godzilla, followed closely by Monsterarts. Even the $150-$200 pieces are just vinyl with very simple paint applications, much of it being airbrushed, there's just not enough quality showing for what you pay, you're basically paying hundreds for a sculpture in plastic.

I still ponder getting the '84 12" from BBTS, but it's so hard, for what it has right, and the size, it's tempting, but for what it has wrong and what it costs, I don't feel excited about paying it.

Just got an e-mail from Jason Welling at AwesomeCollector.com He says there will be a second run of gigantic Shin for November. X-Plus did not anticipate the popularity of this figure. They will make more. I originally had the regular ordered through Hobby Link, but then cancelled when I saw the RIC ex. I freaked a little when I saw what happened at RIC and when I checked at HL again, orders were closed there too. So I lost the regular. Jason said that all his pre-orders will be part of the second batch, but even his pre-orders are closed for now. There is some hope still for people that want this.

There is a give and take there. What are we comparing it to? Other Godzilla figures from other don't even compare to the accuracy and x-plus and #tamashi know this. Hot Toys figures that are easily over $200-250 don't feel any more justified in their costs. Sure, the accessories are cool but unless your constantly playing and changing it around like a Barbie doll it just feels like an overly expensive set of options. Statues can be anywhere from like $150-$1000 and some of them have that insane presence that make it a no brainer for some people, but then if it falls and breaks or cracks or chips you're so pissed. Vinyl at least has durability. In that sense, I prefer that it's vinyl.

But trust me I get what you mean. If these figures were 60 bucks a pop I'd be in heaven.

Hey rjszar! Your looking at the wrong price, Hederah was originally 15,980 JPY on amiami where as he is 17,575yen on Hobby! Your looking at after market price basically as of now, if you would have stuck a preorder on amiami you could have saved quite a bit more!
Seriously you wont find a lower price through their site compared to Amiami!

https://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=x-plus&submit=Search&pagemax=40 easy way to see original price here<----

I also think its way to pessimistic to think that it will be $100 for shipping, but if that's what you think that's fine by me!

Please get your facts straight. The 15,980 is for one with a damaged box. The price is 17,940 for a good one, so it's more than HS. Don't care to argue this anymore.

Please get your facts straight. The 15,980 is for one with a damaged box. The price is 17,940 for a good one, so it's more than HS. Don't care to argue this anymore.

Oh crap i did not notice that, whoa that's weird, sorry buddy, ill go ahead and delete my posts, i feel ashamed lol

There is a give and take there. What are we comparing it to? Other Godzilla figures from other don't even compare to the accuracy and x-plus and #tamashi know this. Hot Toys figures that are easily over $200-250 don't feel any more justified in their costs. Sure, the accessories are cool but unless your constantly playing and changing it around like a Barbie doll it just feels like an overly expensive set of options. Statues can be anywhere from like $150-$1000 and some of them have that insane presence that make it a no brainer for some people, but then if it falls and breaks or cracks or chips you're so pissed. Vinyl at least has durability. In that sense, I prefer that it's vinyl.

But trust me I get what you mean. If these figures were 60 bucks a pop I'd be in heaven.

I'm comparing more so to how I've been able to snag kits off eBay for around $50, granted not 12" tall, and get them built and painted by an actual artist and come out with a paint and overall quality that feels like he jumped out from the film on my TV, where X-Plus has some weathering and all, but for the most part, their paints look a few steps above what Bandai puts on their 6" vinyls which run at $25 tops. X-plus sculpts could justify $50-$100 price tag, they need their paints to justify that additional $50-$100 that these pieces go for, but as you said, they know they have a bit of a monopoly and take advantage of it.

Oh crap i did not notice that, whoa that's weird, sorry buddy, ill go ahead and delete my posts, i feel ashamed lol

No problem. Everyone likes to save money, but sometimes a couple of bucks doesn't trump loyalty. I was a little turned off by Amiami when they shipped my X-plus 1968 Ghidorah without even putting it in a shipping box. Just slapped an address label on the display box.

No problem. Everyone likes to save money, but sometimes a couple of bucks doesn't trump loyalty. I was a little turned off by Amiami when they shipped my X-plus 1968 Ghidorah without even putting it in a shipping box. Just slapped an address label on the display box.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Good grief I have never had that happen, that's terrible. Yeah, I gotta say if they would ever do that to me, it would make me not like them so much, sorry that happen buddy! I just really hope they at least get the Shin Godzilla for preorder, I know they may not even get it on their site, but I'm hoping since they get a lot of x-plus they will, wish they sold Ric stuff as well.

Granted I haven't ordered anything from them this large, but it's surprising from Amiami. Usually my complaint is that they packed too much paper around the products leading to a bigger box size and heavier weight for high shipping.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Good grief I have never had that happen, that's terrible. Yeah, I gotta say if they would ever do that to me, it would make me not like them so much, sorry that happen buddy! I just really hope they at least get the Shin Godzilla for preorder, I know they may not even get it on their site, but I'm hoping since they get a lot of x-plus they will, wish they sold Ric stuff as well.

It's all X-Plus stuff, just some items are exclusive to the RIC site only.

X-Plus offers some great looking pieces, but I've always viewed them as the worst bang-for-your-buck company producing Godzilla, followed closely by Monsterarts. Even the $150-$200 pieces are just vinyl with very simple paint applications, much of it being airbrushed, there's just not enough quality showing for what you pay, you're basically paying hundreds for a sculpture in plastic.

I still ponder getting the '84 12" from BBTS, but it's so hard, for what it has right, and the size, it's tempting, but for what it has wrong and what it costs, I don't feel excited about paying it.

You should monitor Amazon for the 1984 Godzila. I've seen him go down to as low as $110 shipped.

Just have to put this here again. Gonna be awesome.
KaijuAddicts-XPlus-Gigantic-Shin-Godzilla-Front.jpg

Too bad I had to go Ric for Gigantic Shin Goji since I already got T's Facto kit and want to make a room for future Kaiyodo's Maquette.

Question to anyone who own Kaiyodo's maqutte ver. or kit ver. : is it worth buying? Or buying normal Gigantic ver. a better idea?

For price and size, I think the Gigantic Shin is better value, the Kaiyodo is a maquette pose and not as visually awe inspiring.

Back