God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)

Super Freak
Reaction score
[ame="https://youtu.be/iUY1MeMaFVU"]God Of War 4[/ame]

God of War IV coming September 2012

First there was Sony Santa Monica Studios posting a job listing on Gamasutra, looking for an online developer to join their GOW team.

Then it was the animator's leaked cv, which said a cinematic trailer for God of War 4 was tested.

And last but not least, an insider revealed to PSM3 mag that the release date for GoW IV was september 2012.

We hope the next leak will be a wallpaper or maybe a teaser trailer.

https://godofwarsource.com/

https://godofwarsource.com/category/god-of-war-4-news/

godofwar4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: God OF War 4

GOW was released in 2005.

GOW II was released in 2007.

GOW III was released in 2010.

So I would say it's an average time frame for a release...

Very cool news! GOW is one of my favorite game series of all time.

My top three games are Gears of War, Bioshock and God of War. It's interesting that one is an XBox exclusive, one is a PS3 exclusive and one is cross platform. :banana

Very sweeeet!
Why does the vid say e3????? im confused

anyhoo, i heard an idea from the original creator that it may lead to the Viking Gods

Spoiler Spoiler:

maybe even the Egyptian after that and so on.... but what would be his motive. Kratos is a very undevelouped character, he's just mad as ____. even more than the Hulk:cuckoo:

Very sweeeet!
Why does the vid say e3????? im confused

anyhoo, i heard an idea from the original creator that it may lead to the Viking Gods

Spoiler Spoiler:

maybe even the Egyptian after that and so on.... but what would be his motive. Kratos is a very undevelouped character, he's just mad as ____. even more than the Hulk:cuckoo:

Kratos vs Thor?!?! :panic: :thud:

I'd rather keep it with Greek mythology.

that would make more sense but is there any more mythology left :lol

i really like the concept of GOW, they could have a new protagonist and have it with Egyptian mythology. i would ____ing go nuts for that ____!!!!

it would work with any mythology actually

I'd rather keep it with Greek mythology.

Same here. But, right now, Sony's just milking the franchise (guess it was inevitable). After the apocalyptic end of God of War III, there doesn't seem like there's anything else to do. Unless Sony's taking a note from what David Jaffe said in 2009, and incorporating some other types of mythology, in which the gods from other religions are trying to fill the empty seats of the dead Greek gods of Olympus.

Bleh. I don't really know what to think about it at this point. It would be cool if Stig Asmussen is back as the lead director... maybe that will get me excited again.

Last edited:

Viking gods could be cool, but I wonder what the story would be.

Nuts to Vikings. They need to make this game about bloody Spartans, and about them kicking some bloody arse, and throwing (or kicking) random Persian emissaries down water wells. Kratos can then be their God whilst partaking in mass orgies with oracles and his 10 wives (at the same time), and then he can fly to the sky with his Icarus wings, dive into Hades and kill Atlas, because he forgot to take that ******-bag down in the last game.

Same here. But, right now, Sony's just milking the franchise (guess it was inevitable). After the apocalyptic end of God of War III, there doesn't seem like there's anything else to do. Unless Sony's taking a note from what David Jaffe said in 2009, and incorporating some other types of mythology, in which the gods from other religions are trying to fill the empty seats of the dead Greek gods of Olympus.

Bleh. I don't really know what to think about it at this point. It would be cool if Stig Asmussen would be back as the lead director... maybe that will get me excited again.

Kratos vs Jesus. Who wins? :lol

Like I said though I just can't get into the idea of including gods from other mythologies (assuming that is the case). If it is indeed the case, maybe my mind will change once more info is released but idunno. There were also theories that Kratos' brother from Ghost of Sparta could replace him as the new protagonist. Haven't played Ghost of Sparta though so I don't know if that would even be possible.

God of War comiquette was one of the top 3 ever produced by Sideshow

Kratos vs Jesus. Who wins? :lol

Like I said though I just can't get into the idea of including gods from other mythologies (assuming that is the case). If it is indeed the case, maybe my mind will change once more info is released but idunno. There were also theories that Kratos' brother from Ghost of Sparta could replace him as the new protagonist. Haven't played Ghost of Sparta though so I don't know if that would even be possible.

Trust me, I feel the same way. It just seems weird to include other mythologies in a franchise that was focused purely on Greek mythology. I haven't played Ghost of Sparta either... and btw, Kratos had a brother?? :rotfl

Back