Media God of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this looks like open world but isn't open world yet encourages exploration but keeps you focused on your objective............I've never been more confused about what to expect from a game...with the exception of No Mans Sky

Surroundings is a blue-ish green mess.
Pretty much no gore and not enough blood.
Enemies are bland generic monsters.

I see nothing amazing at the moment. If it's just beta gameplay then fine but I'm sure it's not.

So this looks like open world but isn't open world yet encourages exploration but keeps you focused on your objective............I've never been more confused about what to expect from a game...with the exception of No Mans Sky

Could be a bit of both maybe - you can go on the linear path yet it pays to go off that path and explore as you'll find new weapons, side quests and story add ons maybe ? I do like the new colder feel to the game so far, def sets it apart already from the others in the series.

To each their own. Everyone who has played it loves it. I for 1 welcome the change and I think it looks gorgeous.

God damn this looks amazing ! This is what next gen gaming looks like. Forget the crappy ugly button mashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with the trend of turning protags into worn down, gruff, bearded men in media these days... I could probably name 20 games and movies that have done this the past 5 or so years.

And just call your damn game gow4. This is almost as dumb as Xbox "ONE".

Well i think with particular game that was the natural choice to take. I think its safe to assume much time has passed since part 3.

I just love how they are trying to progress Kratos into a more believable, less teen angst power trip and more grounded.

Say what you will, but when the original games came out, it was very much in tune with how I was feeling towards the world, being a teenager and all.

screaming, bloody combat, nudity, and a character who just wanted vengeance against the gods who wronged him.
Now, being older and a father, I can relate to Kratos more. Call me sappy or what not, but I love what little moments they have shown with Kratos and his son. Showing that Kratos is trying to be a better father and better man than what he once was.

So many people are comparing it to The Last of Us, but I have to ask...is that a bad thing? I mean, The Last of Us is one of the best titles ever made in the last 10 years in the medium. It evoked so much emotion and visceral carnage that I don't think anyone was expecting, but also didn't turn it away.

This game is a progression is so many ways that it is going to split the fans down the middle. There is going to be fans that just want the mindless violence and gore and boobies, yet there are going to be others that want the change and evolution of Kratos as a character.

I think it all looks fantastic, but I can see both sides of the arguments. I say, I'm buying it day one and will hopefully enjoy the hell out of it just as I enjoyed The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, etc.

I personally don't have much time these days to play games, so when I do, I want a really good story, gameplay and experience instead of the older style button mash frenzy that the older titles were.

When you were a teen you went on a revenge fueled rampage and now that you have gotten your vengeance you decided to settle down?

Now that I think about it, GOW I to III could've had a different outcome if only Kratos had enrolled in anger management classes and gone to therapy.

I just love how they are trying to progress Kratos into a more believable, less teen angst power trip and more grounded.

Say what you will, but when the original games came out, it was very much in tune with how I was feeling towards the world, being a teenager and all.

screaming, bloody combat, nudity, and a character who just wanted vengeance against the gods who wronged him.
Now, being older and a father, I can relate to Kratos more. Call me sappy or what not, but I love what little moments they have shown with Kratos and his son. Showing that Kratos is trying to be a better father and better man than what he once was.

So many people are comparing it to The Last of Us, but I have to ask...is that a bad thing? I mean, The Last of Us is one of the best titles ever made in the last 10 years in the medium. It evoked so much emotion and visceral carnage that I don't think anyone was expecting, but also didn't turn it away.

This game is a progression is so many ways that it is going to split the fans down the middle. There is going to be fans that just want the mindless violence and gore and boobies, yet there are going to be others that want the change and evolution of Kratos as a character.

I think it all looks fantastic, but I can see both sides of the arguments. I say, I'm buying it day one and will hopefully enjoy the hell out of it just as I enjoyed The Last of Us, Uncharted 4, The Witcher 3, etc.

I personally don't have much time these days to play games, so when I do, I want a really good story, gameplay and experience instead of the older style button mash frenzy that the older titles were.

Actually, I don´t see all the Last Of Us comparisons. Those are completely different games.

But either way: When I played those games, I too was very angry at the world, rage driven and now...being single again...again having rage and disappointment in my system, but being older and managing it better, this game couldn´t have been released at a better point in time.

Because same as Kratos, having the rage toned down within him, it still shows from time to time. It´s there, it´s a personality trait and same as with Kratos...it will NEVER die down completely.

I can´t wait to play this game and say "**** you" to a new bunch of gods.

Less then a month now until this drops. I am so stoked for this! I love the direction that they are taking this series in. It is looking like it will turn out to be damn epic. Maybe the best entry yet in the series. I wonder if this will end up getting nominated for game of the year. I can't wait to kick some Norse ass with Kratos.

828.png

After six games or so the series was becoming stale just as Resident Evil was before 4.

B-But muh GOW not the same. :lol

Back