Give Iron Man 1:1 an ES!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently you can't and you are an accountant! Go count the number of busts in my list and then the number listed with OPEN and if you do it real good with a calculator, it will come out to 30 and 2!

30 and 3 :D

You still can't count can you! If you include the IronMan it is 31 and 3!

3 open ended. My point is SS seems to have a pattern with there SWS items, heck even the SW 1:1 droids are open ended...no thats just lame.

3 open ended. My point is SS seems to have a pattern with there SWS items, heck even the SW 1:1 droids are open ended...no thats just lame.

Just how it this lame? If you don't like it because it isn't numbered or doesn't have an edition size then don't buy it. I don't think the lack of an edition size will ever hurt most of these Stan Winston Studio products or the droids or Robby or the Cylon or etc., etc., etc.

Just how it this lame? If you don't like it because it isn't numbered or doesn't have an edition size then don't buy it. I don't think the lack of an edition size will ever hurt most of these Stan Winston Studio products or the droids or Robby or the Cylon or etc., etc., etc.

I pretty much agree with you on that.

Its lame to set edition sizes for lower end items but have the more expensive items be open ended. JMO

First, if you don't consider these other 28 busts as high-end, then that is a problem right there! Most of these busts were $400+; if that isn't high-end, then none of them are. Secondly, I listed 30 busts with only two of them open-ended... I did not list the IronMan bust because that is the topic of discussion, therefore, 30 busts, 2 open-ended. I can do math! Would you like to debate some more???

oooohhh, BURN!

Please get your facts straight... 30 busts, only 2 with open edition sizes.

Sideshow 1:1 Busts
Vampyre Exclusive - 100
Vampyre Regular - 200
Vampyre SSE - 100
Bossk - 250
Symbiote Spider-Man - 500
Yoda - 1000
Greedo - 300
Palpatine - 750
Predator - 750
T-800 - 750
T-800 Endoskeleton - OPEN
T-800 Endosketeton Combat - OPEN
Frankenstein SSE - 100
Scarface International - 60?
Scarface Australia - 100
Frankenstein - 400
Spider-Man - 250
Spider-Man International - 100?
Scarface - Tony Montana - 60
Alien - 500
Dracula SSE - 35
Dracula - 250
Ardeth Bey - 100
Alien Warrior - 400
Venom - 300
Thing - 150
Ardeth Bey SSE - 15
Lord of Darkness - 250
Darth Maul - 1000
Predator - 1000

TX 1:1 was an open ES.

now now, if you can't play nice, lonnie will have to lock this thread...:google

lonnie? :confused: :lol

2 more points and then I'm done, spent, out:

1) I seriously doubt a lack of edition size is going to lower the value tremendously on this one. Have you seen this auction: https://cgi.ebay.com/New-TERMINATOR...ryZ50283QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ? That item has no edition size either. And - if I can say it again without sounding too much like a broken record - the Iron Man bust is AWESOME :rock

2) It's not a rationalization. We honestly would like as many Iron Man fans as possible to get one AT RETAIL (and giving 700 Rewards points in the process), without having to resort to secondary market prices. So, let's make sure I have the reasoning straight: WE aren't supposed to take advantage of the popularity of the film, selling at retail price to people who want it while its available, but people who want to sell it for beaucoup bucks on the secondary market after the movie is released CAN, without censure from the collectors? :confused:

That is all, the choice is now yours :duff

Why only care about the "Iron Man" fans in this fashion then? Why not make everything that you guys sell open ended so ALL the star wars fans, the LOTR fans, the Marvel fans, etc can be certain to get a hold of the various pieces at retail price??

Frankly, higher priced items like this don't "scalp" very well anyways.

So since Sideshow are wanting for all fans to get one, how about reopening Dr Doom PF and X-men vs Sentinel #1........Oh and can I get a Alien Warrior 1/1 also while you are there?? This wasnt an issue before why is it now? Sideshow was founded on limited edition hard to get items and thats the way it should stay. Why not just make variants if you want to milk a specific character? God knows its happened before:rolleyes:.

I think the point here is that people want Limited edition collectibles, Not unlimited.......this destroys the thrill of the chase in trying to get that hard to find item that only a few people have. It also scares people into wondering if a certain item they paid High dollar for is going to drop in price.....I mean why pay $700 now when you can get it for $400 later on?

The other side to this argument is that sometimes an Item is such a high quality that it demands a certain price no matter what. Is Ironman one of these items?? I sure hope so........Actually I rather it was limited to 500 and thats that.:emperor

I am going to laugh when a year from now this damn thing is selling for $1500.00.:lol:lol:lol

I am going to laugh when a year from now this damn thing is selling for $1500.00.:lol:lol:lol

with no es, one day you'll see an under 100 in stock meter on the ss website and then...gone! i am betting that will happen once sales and the excitement for im dwindles. in the meantime, many retailers have it for $50-$75 less than retail.

with no es, one day you'll see an under 100 in stock meter on the ss website and then...gone! i am betting that will happen once sales and the excitement for im dwindles. in the meantime, many retailers have it for $50-$75 less than retail.

They had those Alien Warrior busts for $100-$200.00 under retail too. ++++ing hindsight.:lol:lol:lol

So since Sideshow are wanting for all fans to get one, how about reopening Dr Doom PF and X-men vs Sentinel #1........Oh and can I get a Alien Warrior 1/1 also while you are there?? This wasnt an issue before why is it now? Sideshow was founded on limited edition hard to get items and thats the way it should stay. Why not just make variants if you want to milk a specific character? God knows its happened before:rolleyes:.

I think the point here is that people want Limited edition collectibles, Not unlimited.......this destroys the thrill of the chase in trying to get that hard to find item that only a few people have. It also scares people into wondering if a certain item they paid High dollar for is going to drop in price.....I mean why pay $700 now when you can get it for $400 later on?

The other side to this argument is that sometimes an Item is such a high quality that it demands a certain price no matter what. Is Ironman one of these items?? I sure hope so........Actually I rather it was limited to 500 and thats that.:emperor

Yea where was this open edition policy when this came out. I'm sure there are a huge number of x-men fans that would have wanted this awesome peice....

Back