GI Joe RESOLUTE: New PG-13 animated series for 2009!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI Joe ABSOLUTE: New PG-13 animated series for 2009!

More info!

Warren EllisThe G.I. Joe Websites are all abuzz about G.I. Joe: Resolute, a series of ten 5-minute cartoon episodes with a 10-minute conclusion. Each episode is self-contained, but there is also an overall story arc. These short cartoons, which are targeted at adults, have a distinctly Vertigo flavor since they were written by veteran comic writer Warren Ellis and based on character designs by 100 Bullets cover artist Dave Johnson. In this series, which is rated "PG-13," the guns shoot bullets, not lasers and there are real consequences. Although there isn’t a lot of blood there is lots violence and a hint that major “characters may die.”

The G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons will debut as Webisodes on the Hasbro Website early next year. Hasbro is also hoping to place the G.I. Joe: Resolute shorts on the Cartoon Network and then release them on DVD. In addition to releasing a DVD, Hasbro is planning a toy series based on the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons.

One of the five-minute shorts in which Snake Eyes saves Duke and Roadblock from a Cobra ambush was shown at the recently concluded 2008 JoeCon, and it got rave reviews from diehard fans such as those at the hisstank.com Website who reported: “It really was what you’ve been waiting for all these years. As they described it in the panel, while you were playing with these toys as a kid, or even watching the shows and reading the comics back then, what we saw today is what we thought we saw back then. And it's what we expect, and that’s why the new versions of the old stuff don't play with us now. But, this new direction, PG-13 based adult themed entertainment, should fill that gap.”

If the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons are successful, Hasbro has plans to do something similar for the Transformers. Given the interest in properties like G.I. Joe and Transformers from older collectors it just makes sense that Hasbro address the interests of this older audience in animation as it has in producing sophisticated toys that target collectors rather than kids.

https://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12843.html

They have one point wrong in that staement. The clip from Joe Con was not one of the 5 minute episodes. It was a separate clip made intentionally to show what the new animated shorts are going to be like.

So, is it G.I. JOE: ABSOLUTE or G.I. JOE: RESOLUTE?

If the G.I. Joe: Resolute cartoons are successful, Hasbro has plans to do something similar for the Transformers.

:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I would love to see a Transformers with an adult theme:rock

Wow, this is sounding great. Same with Transformers!

The series does sound great! Now, I know they're doing some Cobra-La stuff in the 25th anniversary line but, please, keep it out of this series.

Character designs from RESOLUTE! A toyline based on the cartoon is also planned!

attachment.php

attachment.php

080__scaled_600.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Destro looks cool...

...but IMO he shouldn't have a Cobra logo on his uniform.

Remember he's neutral. :lol

He just makes the weapons and sells him them to Cobra. :monkey3

man those look pretty sharp but the cobra logo'd out Destro bothers me because it goes against his character...his character in the original joe that is.

I like most of the character designs, they're light years ahead of the movie's designs, but there are some issues.
I don't like Destro wearing a Cobra symbol and having a robotic arm. The symbol is just out of character and if any character should have a robot arm, it's Major Bludd.

And why the hell did they give Stalker dreadlocks? It was cool having a straight cut black hero for a change. Why do all black heroes end up having dreadlocks or a shaved heads?

Damn, I really like those designs! Best since the original RAH designs:rock :rock :rock

I cant wait to watch it.

Back