Statue Ghost in the Shell: Mixed-Media 1/4 Scale Statue - The Major by Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe not seeing the source will help someone like it any more.

I think most people will say it looks great (the aesthetic is quite nice)... but be bored by the end.

Last edited:
Was it at least enjoyable to watch or were you too annoyed at the changes to enjoy it?
I'll play opposite here - I rather enjoyed the film. Is it the be all end all of sci fi films? Nah - but I would be lying through my teeth if I said it was a ****** or boring movie. It was absolutely great fun to watch, and all around a solid effort, and I enjoyed every minute of it. In our collector words, I would be willing to display a figure or statue of it, which is normally a pretty good indicator of what I thought of it. My buddy I saw it with, who also loves cyberpunk style, who's favorite film is Bladerunner, and is a huge Deus Ex fan also gave massive approval for the film.

Disclosure - I haven't seen the original, nor has my friend. I chose not to watch my steelbook copy I picked up until after so I had an objective view of this live action film on its own.

Seeing it in IMAX is an absolute necessity though. The movie benefits from it greatly. 3D surcharge is pointless as with most movies, but it didn't hinder the film. It uses the "shadowbox" approach to 3D rather than coming out to grab you. I'll be picking up the 4K copy instead - HDR will be -perfect- for the color palate of the movie.

I'll play opposite here - I rather enjoyed the film. Is it the be all end all of sci fi films? Nah - but I would be lying through my teeth if I said it was a ****** or boring movie. It was absolutely great fun to watch, and all around a solid effort, and I enjoyed every minute of it. In our collector words, I would be willing to display a figure or statue of it, which is normally a pretty good indicator of what I thought of it. My buddy I saw it with, who also loves cyberpunk style, who's favorite film is Bladerunner, and is a huge Deus Ex fan also gave massive approval for the film.

Disclosure - I haven't seen the original, nor has my friend. I chose not to watch my steelbook copy I picked up until after so I had an objective view of this live action film on its own.

Seeing it in IMAX is an absolute necessity though. The movie benefits from it greatly. 3D surcharge is pointless as with most movies, but it didn't hinder the film. It uses the "shadowbox" approach to 3D rather than coming out to grab you. I'll be picking up the 4K copy instead - HDR will be -perfect- for the color palate of the movie.

Cool, I plan to go tomorrow.
Most 3d seems to be going inward these days instead of the in your face cheap thrills route..
Thanks for the review!

Yeah I'm glad, it's garbage.

Watered down bull**** in attempt to make some quick $$$. Shell without the ghost.

After a lot of thought I finally pulled the trigger on this statue last night :panic: :woo

I know the sculpt is a letdown / not the best, however overall I still feel this is a lovely piece and the light up base is a really nice touch. I'm expecting the paint app to be excellent and iffy sculpt notwithstanding, will still be a stand out statue/piece.

I'm going to try and find some stock room images from the Geisha scene to use as a backdrop print.

Due for delivery on the 10th, so need to get my BESTA display cabinet set up and ready asap! :panic:

Saw GITS last night and it was a fun movie to watch. The visuals were great and the action scenes felt like they came from the anime.

I went to watch it at the IMAX in London on March 31 and I agree, I found the LA version to be very entertaining enjoyable and is by no means a /bad/ movie.

Yes they went for a more simple story, but visiually it was stunning and the action scenes were very well done.
It did dip in the middle, and I would have liked to have seen a little more focus on other members of Section 9. That said, the way this played out made me feel they were just setting the ground works and a follow up (laughing man would be easy to adapt) where said members would get more sceeen time.

Key Points
The Geisha action scene was sexy AF :rock
ScarJo was absolutely fine as Motoko
Visuals were wonderful
Probably did the Blade runner thing better then what was shown in the new blade runner teaser (?)

Kinda of a shame the rubbish collector wasn't using 'HV bullets' as that scene is more compelling in the anime as I like how the recoil is pushing him back, it would have been cool to have the Live Action Batou say the "the breech and the barrel really screwed up. That's what happens when you use HV bullets in one of these things." :lol

To that end I do think they nailed the casing for Batou :lecture

7.5 / 10

I went to watch it at the IMAX in London on March 31 and I agree, I found the LA version to be very entertaining enjoyable and is by no means a /bad/ movie.

Yes they went for a more simple story, but visiually it was stunning and the action scenes were very well done.
It did dip in the middle, and I would have liked to have seen a little more focus on other members of Section 9. That said, the way this played out made me feel they were just setting the ground works and a follow up (laughing man would be easy to adapt) where said members would get more sceeen time.

Key Points
The Geisha action scene was sexy AF :rock
ScarJo was absolutely fine as Motoko
Visuals were wonderful
Probably did the Blade runner thing better then what was shown in the new blade runner teaser (?)

Kinda of a shame the rubbish collector wasn't using 'HV bullets' as that scene is more compelling in the anime as I like how the recoil is pushing him back, it would have been cool to have the Live Action Batou say the "the breech and the barrel really screwed up. That's what happens when you use HV bullets in one of these things." :lol

To that end I do think they nailed the casing for Batou :lecture

7.5 / 10

:goodpost: I completely agree with you. +1 :duff

I thought the movie was great. I was really impressed. Although it has some ham-fisted dialogue here and there, I ended up really enjoying it. The pics made me wonder about it, but I have to say seeing this video, it looks really cool with the right lighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Weiv4tSYC6k

YAS.jpg

:yess: :panic: :woo

Awesome! I ended up ordering from Entertainment Earth since WETA had no more in stock in their US warehouse. Plus, shipping was free. But it's not in-stock yet. I did order the Geisha statue from WETA though.

Looks amazing I also pulled the trigger just yesterday now i can't wait.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Back