Statue Ghost in the Shell: Mixed-Media 1/4 Scale Statue - The Major by Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this on preorder, but Sunday I was at C2E2, and Weta was there and had the Major statue with them! So I was able to grab it early. I really like this statue a lot. I think the likeness for Scarlett is really great. I have noticed from certain angles in photos her eyes can seem too wide or something, but in person when viewed it looks fine. The suit, of course, is not screen accurate. It's almost like a maquette for production in that way. I actually like the look of this, the practical suit WETA created, more than the final smooth film version. So I'm very happy. The destroyed Geisha bits are nicely done.

got mine, here is a review i made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWx5gvrYwHM

after looking at it more last night, the statue looks best from up high, I give likeness a 6.5/10 however the paint app and detail all around the statue is a 9.5/10 for a 1/4 statue. The skin tone on the face is incredible, the base is a work of art with the light up and killed geisha. I overall really like the statue and just ordered the geisha to go with her.
gokuvegeta is online now Report Post

Under-construction Visual Interface and will be based on the Movie version and this
18556224_10155304030974183_3021139975302769165_n.jpg

18582576_1459778257418783_6441405279617007866_n.jpg
18556029_1459778544085421_3952043692915056590_n.jpg
wip.jpg

Why get statues from a movie you didn't love? collect what you like man, only you know if it's worth it or not.

I have the opportunity to pick up Major & Geshia for $800 shipped. Should I jump on this? I just didn't love the movie. Liked it, but didn't love it.

Get the Geishia it looks great whether you a fan or not. unless you hated Japanese culture.

Last week i got my statue. She is really nice but i have a problem with it.
On the right shoulder-armour there are 2 scratches, one little on the inner side and a big scratch/crack/dent one on the front.
I send diffrent pictures (5000 high res) to weta but they say that they cant zoom in the pictures and see nothing and so they wont replace anything.
Here is an overview with markings:
wetaghost-overview.jpg

So what can i do that weta accept the flaws?

They can't zoom in? Basically they don't want to deal with you I reckon. I can definitely see the scratches there.

Back