GG 12-inch Vintage Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think this is kind of cool, though the idea of releasing the original 12 on ESB cards seems kind of silly.
I think they're just releasing the Stormtrooper and Fett on ESB cards (for obvious reasons). I seriously doubt the others (especially figures like Jawa, Tusken Raider, etc) will be on ESB cards. There will almost surely be SW cards, too.

Hell, at least Gentle Giant is doing something to try and notice ESB's 30th.

OK...the 12 originals on the 12-back card thing almost got me. But the ESB card thing negated the momentary interest.

Im kind of torn with this...I like it cause its a throwback to one of my favorite figures and it would be cool if they made Vader, Fett, Chewy and Han...

BUT...this is Gentle Giant, and with their track record they need to focus on getting their _____ straight before jumping into a new line...Also, as a FORMER GG collector, where is all the stuff shown 1-2 years ago...GG is so bad that the supposed SDCC exclusive isn't ready for this year's con. WTF is that?
Also, $85 for a non-articulate 12" figure...If it was maybe $40 or $50 I might go with this...but at this price its a pass...

Sorry GG, you still haven't won back my measly business back.

I think they're just releasing the Stormtrooper and Fett on ESB cards (for obvious reasons). I seriously doubt the others (especially figures like Jawa, Tusken Raider, etc) will be on ESB cards. There will almost surely be SW cards, too.

Hell, at least Gentle Giant is doing something to try and notice ESB's 30th.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Could it get more halfassed? :lol

Yeah, it could. See: Sideshow.

"Halfassed" is better than NOTHING.

And announcing a Yoda figure that likely won't ship until the middle of next year won't count, either.

I dunno. As disappointed as I am in Sideshow, I gotta say, a 1:1 Bust of ESB Boba and sneak peek of 1:6 Yoda > lamely swapping out a title on card art in hopes of being relevant for an anniversary.

Agree to disagree then. Sideshow completely bailed out on TESB's 30th. They're even the only licensee who's not attending Celebration V. It couldn't be more cut-and-dried.

As dorky as this product sounds, I must say I'm intrigued to see how it turns out. Especially since it will be packaged as an over-sized carded figure.

if they released a set of these you could dress up as a little kid for Halloween and carry these oversized toys around.
It puts them back in proportion :lol

Last edited:
GG posted the figure with card on their Facebook page.

stormtroopervintagefron.jpg

So......any Premier Guild member want to order one of these for me? :monkey3

OK, someone explain to me how this works. Gentle Giant has these available for "pre order" on their site, but when I click on the link, it takes me to a "page not found" page. Is this ONLY available to their $60 membership members? At some point do they open it up to non-paying members? Or do I have to fight the crowds and buy one at Comic Con?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

J

It is only available to preorder for PG members. I don't think it will be available for sale at the con. If there are any left after the con, it will go up for anyone.

Hopefully I can find a PG member to order one for me.

Crud. That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'm going to have to become a member, then. I've heard nightmare stories about trying to obtain Gentle Giant convention exclusives... and although it's only rumored at this point, if they end up doing Boba Fett as a CV exclusive, I'll be kicking myself if I miss it.

If anyone needs help obtaining any Gentle Giant stuff in the future, lemme know 'cause I'm about to buy a membership!

(I'm getting the Stormtrooper for myself, tho!)

Thanks for the info!

J

I may end up joining as well if that Boba CV exclusive comes to pass. It's not like I haven't blown money on memberships before.

*cough* Hyperspace *cough*

you will not need to be a member in order to score this. the edition size and price point are way too high. every recent star wars GG "exclusive" has been available for well less than msrp just a few weeks after its release.

the boba on the other hand might be more difficult to acquire, depending on the edition size.

you will not need to be a member in order to score this. the edition size and price point are way too high. every recent star wars GG "exclusive" has been available for well less than msrp just a few weeks after its release.

the boba on the other hand might be more difficult to acquire, depending on the edition size.

Except for the RC busts. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Back