GG 12-inch Vintage Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a stormie collector but I think I'll wait until this goes on sale. I was looking for a vintage 12" Stormtrooper for a long time, but shipping was always more than the figure itself.

Just look at the thing:
Gentle_Giant_SDCC_Stormtrooper_Kenner.jpg

The original 3,75" figure is cool because it's one of the first Star Wars Figures ever made. But why would they make a 12" figure from it???
And €85,- :thud:
"I could almost buy my own ship for it" :lol
I rather spend that money on the original kenner figures :)

I wonder why they picked a Stormtrooper and not Boba Fett. A much more popular vintage figure and would tie in better with ESB's anniversary anyway.

I wonder why they picked a Stormtrooper and not Boba Fett. A much more popular vintage figure and would tie in better with ESB's anniversary anyway.
Because they want to hook people into buying a line of these. I'd be willing to wager that unless sales of this thing tank amazingly that we'll see at least Fett & Vader & the droids. I imagine that a lot of folks might buy just Fett or Vader as a curiosity (as I said earlier, I might be up for a Fett myself), so if they start with a less desirable character they have a greater chance of making multiple sales.

Rumor has it Boba will be the CV exclusive.

Personally, I wish GG would work on getting the stuff that's been delayed for over a year out instead of starting up a new line of product.

My guess for the Stormie over other figures is because he is white plastic with one paint app of black. Any other figure would result in either more paint apps, a vinyl cloak, or chroming.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were under $30. $85 is just highway robbery. Even GG admitted that it's just plastic, not poly or anything.

DUH DUH DUH DUH, DUMB!!!

Unless they make Chewie, then I'll have to buy it to go with this guy:

Chewie1a.jpg

Reminds me of the vintage Boba that Hasbro is offering as a mail-away this year. Transformers has been running re-issues of their vintage stuff for years. I always wondered when Lucas would start greenlighting some of the vintage stuff for re-issue. Granted the molds may not still be around, but they are alot easier to reverse engineer than the TF stuff.

I wouldn't buy it for $85, that's for sure.

..but, I think it's way cooler that that lame $300 jumbo robot Stromtrooper everyone was jizzing about a little while ago :lol

Details from Yodasnews.com

Specs: Height: 12” Edition Size: 1500 Price: $85

Digitally scanned from mint 3 ¾” Kenner originals and reproduced to a substantial 12” tall. Injection molded and made of durable plastics, this jumbo figure includes a faithfully reproduced blaster and is fully articulated! Comes packaged on a 1980, Empire Strikes Back inspired blister card with a plastic outer clam shell to help protect and display. Will be sold exclusively at San Diego Comic Con and is up for pre-order right now for PGM Members at GentleGiantLtd.com. There will be no pre-order pick ups of this item at SDCC.

------------------

$85?!?!? How in the ____ing hell is this worth $85?!?! :banghead

I like the whole idea of GG coming up with this product, but at $85 I would have to give more thoughts before actually getting one.:(

Word from GG is that the Stormie will come on a 12 back card (but with an ESB logo). They are definitely doing the first 12 figures in this format. Boba Fett will be the CV exclusive.

-Snags

If Hasbro re-did the ARAH Joes like this, I would buy them. I'm not that nostalgic about the Star Wars toys, though, so this does nothing for me.

Back