Gentle Giant ... Or How to Destroy a Company in 5 Easy Steps

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This whole thing is ridiculous for bust collectors. I feel for you guys because the variants and insane amount of exclusives make it frustrating to try and be a completist.

I only collect GG maquettes for SW, LOTR and POTC. I better be able to get a Mace Windu and a Yoda/R2 at a reasonable price or I will join the disgruntled minions. I agree that GG will always be around because the collector addiction sometimes overrules whatever anger some of us feels at any particular moment if it's a good looking piece.

I think it's undeniable as a company GG have made several dumb moves like the low edition sizes on the clone mini busts.

They've also dropped the ball on a couple of their mini busts and statues like the Obi Wan Kenobi in Clone armour. I think overall though they're still making good quality products, there's a couple of decent mini busts and statues for every POS they've made.

Still if the quality of their product starts to slide and their CS and ES are crap what's left to stick around for?

Back