1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Deadpool is its own thing and it was funny but I don't view it as part of the X universe. I prefer Vinnie Jones to the cgi Juggernaut. I don't think making characters super powerful improves them in any way, hero or villain, Phoenix being an obvious exception. Unclear why Magneto lifted the bridge in X3 instead of Phoenix as originally planned. In Apocalypse the souped up version was dull as ditchwater. Polaris is cool.

I really enjoy The Gifted, but I have to disagree with your assessment of DP2 as mediocre. I'll grant you the plots of these films are thread bare, but I think most people go see them for the irreverent, envelope pushing, 4th wall breaking humor, which they have in spades. I just watched the DP2 Blu ray, and I enjoyed it even more than when I saw it in the theater.

I laughed a few times just like the first movie. Most of it isn't funny, I don't care about 4th wall breaking and I'm quite tired of hearing about. If nothing interesting is happening in a movie, than a few jokes isn't going to make it good. They should have listened to the director of the first one because it was definitely worse and by no means was the first one anything special.

I laughed a few times just like the first movie. Most of it isn't funny, I don't care about 4th wall breaking and I'm quite tired of hearing about. If nothing interesting is happening in a movie, than a few jokes isn't going to make it good. They should have listened to the director of the first one because it was definitely worse and by no means was the first one anything special.

I thought Deadpool 2 was much better than the first but that's just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

If you only laughed a few times through Deadpool I don't know what to tell you, that was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. It was funnier than most comedies out there.

Deadpool 2 is one of the best X-Men movies, and it's not even an X-Men movie. I mean, Colossus and Juggernaut finally portrayed like the behemoths that they are. I really enjoyed Colossus' 30 second appearance in X2, but I think Cudmore's Colossus and Vinnie Jones' Juggernaut (shudder) were poorly done.

Deadpool 2 is one of the best X-Men movies, and it's not even an X-Men movie. I mean, Colossus and Juggernaut finally portrayed like the behemoths that they are. I really enjoyed Colossus' 30 second appearance in X2, but I think Cudmore's Colossus and Vinnie Jones' Juggernaut (shudder) were poorly done.

^ funnier than deadpool 2

Update for storm fans

Good News - figure masters windstorm should be with us by christmas, with new white hair compared to their nicotine promo hair.

Bad News - Five Star Weather Manipulator Cancelled

Yeah Deadpool is its own thing and it was funny but I don't view it as part of the X universe. I prefer Vinnie Jones to the cgi Juggernaut. I don't think making characters super powerful improves them in any way, hero or villain, Phoenix being an obvious exception. Unclear why Magneto lifted the bridge in X3 instead of Phoenix as originally planned. In Apocalypse the souped up version was dull as ditchwater. Polaris is cool.

Juggernaut in the comics was always super powerful, it was the X3 that made him come off weak. Deadpool 2 just went with a more comic inspired Juggernaut, which was fantastic. Vinnie Jones Juggernaut was just way too small and looked odd. Plus his outfit reminded me of an S&M costume lol. He looked so odd as well with that muscle suit, it looked so obviously fake. People can rip on CGI looking fake but a muscle suit is no better.

Sorry, I'll take CGI Juggernaut vs a skinny guy in a muscle suit.

Bit sad about the 5 star being cancelled I liked the outfit the Figuremasters is going to be a nice figure I think but again it's all that black leather so with the Hot Toys Wolverine, Cyclpos, Iceman and her all on one shelf it's going to look a little 'grim' if you know what I mean. I hope they can make the accent colored piping nice and bright, I found the blue on the Cyclops a bit weak.

Can't really comment on Deadpool and friends since I have yet to see the movie although I do like the cable figure regardless, the whole cyborg look is good.

It would seem Toys Era are doing a Colossus 2.0 which will be good for those that missed the 1st release although personally I'd rather see a Mystique 1.0, Archangel 1.0 and a few others come along first.

Juggernaut in the comics was always super powerful, it was the X3 that made him come off weak. Deadpool 2 just went with a more comic inspired Juggernaut, which was fantastic. Vinnie Jones Juggernaut was just way too small and looked odd. Plus his outfit reminded me of an S&M costume lol. He looked so odd as well with that muscle suit, it looked so obviously fake. People can rip on CGI looking fake but a muscle suit is no better.

Sorry, I'll take CGI Juggernaut vs a skinny guy in a muscle suit.

Yeah, to each their own. I've never felt that making a character more powerful made them more interesting. In many ways, it makes them less interesting.

Juggernaut is as strong as Hulk and even more invulnerable. I think it would have been hard to feature him as a henchman if he was that tough. Making him on par with Colossus was acceptable and the scene with Kitty demonstrated how dangerous he could be. Not every character needs to be exactly the same as the comics.

That said, why include Callisto if she has none of her comic book powers and abilities? If you want a fight with Storm and/or Wolverine she didn't need an upgrade for that. That was mildly annoying. Given how often Caliban has cropped up, he is clearly interesting enough to feature in his own right!

The CGI version of Juggernaut works great in Deadpool though.

Bit sad about the 5 star being cancelled I liked the outfit the Figuremasters is going to be a nice figure I think but again it's all that black leather so with the Hot Toys Wolverine, Cyclpos, Iceman and her all on one shelf it's going to look a little 'grim' if you know what I mean. I hope they can make the accent colored piping nice and bright, I found the blue on the Cyclops a bit weak.

Can't really comment on Deadpool and friends since I have yet to see the movie although I do like the cable figure regardless, the whole cyborg look is good.

It would seem Toys Era are doing a Colossus 2.0 which will be good for those that missed the 1st release although personally I'd rather see a Mystique 1.0, Archangel 1.0 and a few others come along first.

There seems to be a slightly increased focus on Xmen so there is hope. Personally I quite like the black uniforms. Grim is good. My dilemma is whether I buy spare Storms to get uniforms for my custom Rogue and Jean or do I hold out and hope.?

Yeah, to each their own. I've never felt that making a character more powerful made them more interesting. In many ways, it makes them less interesting.

Juggernaut is as strong as Hulk and even more invulnerable. I think it would have been hard to feature him as a henchman if he was that tough. Making him on par with Colossus was acceptable and the scene with Kitty demonstrated how dangerous he could be. Not every character needs to be exactly the same as the comics.

That said, why include Callisto if she has none of her comic book powers and abilities? If you want a fight with Storm and/or Wolverine she didn't need an upgrade for that. That was mildly annoying. Given how often Caliban has cropped up, he is clearly interesting enough to feature in his own right!

The CGI version of Juggernaut works great in Deadpool though.

I think Most characters should be like the comic books because that's the characters we've grown to like. I hate when the movies change almost everything about a character like they did with X3 Juggernaut. Hell, it's not even mentioned that he's Prof X's stepbrother, he walks past him and the two don't even act like they know one another.

He did some cool things in X3 but I can't get over that awful fake muscle suit and that S&M suit. He looked NOTHING like his original counterpart or anything like he had been depicted in other media. It was too much of a change. Juggernaut is one of my favorite characters of all time, so you can understand my frustration with the massive change to his looks, powers and character.

I understand what you mean about making a character more powerful doesn't make them more interesting, but I also think taking a character that is that powerful and big originally and making them smaller and weaker doesn't make them more interesting to me, it makes them less interesting. Him being depicted as powerful as Hulk is fantastic because in the comics, he's one of Hulk's major enemies and they're on par with one another. It was awesome seeing a Juggernaut that could go toe to toe with the green Goliath.

This isn't as much a case of making Juggernaut more powerful as it is making him more like his original incarnation, something most fans wanted. Fact is, X3 Juggernaut wasn't well received, Juggernaut in Deadpool 2 has been massively so. I mean, remember when we thought X3 Juggernaut was going to fight Colossus? Man, everyone I knew was massive disappointed. Deadpool 2 finally gave that to us.

Look at Colossus, they did the same too him, he's more like his original counterpart. He's Russian, much larger and his skin looks almost exactly how it's been depicted in comics. X3 Colossus doesn't talk with a Russian accent, isn't that large and his skin doesn't look like it does in the comics. That's two characters Deadpool has did right in my opinion.

So yeah, making a character more powerful doesn't exactly make them more interesting but making characters smaller, less powerful and looking nothing like their original counterparts doesn't make them more interesting either, it makes them much less in my opinion. I love the comics, I still read them to this day so I ALWAYS welcome a movie version to be just like the comic character or very close ANY day.

That all being said, I really hate X3 as a film. Man, I hated that movie.

That all being said, I really hate X3 as a film. Man, I hated that movie.

There was an X3? In my mind, there's X2, then a very long break in X-Men movies until First Class. :wink1:

I'm a big fan of Rogue and didn't like how she was portrayed in the first two movies, so I get where you're coming from when a comic book character you love isn't portrayed well in the movies.

A us distribution company have taken five star fs002 down but I've been told its to be confirmed from five star themselves that the project is cancelled.

Hopefully not storm would look amazing next to hot toys wolv and soosootoys upcoming dofp iceman we are getting a toys era the freezer x3 iceman that needs work on the likeness of shawn but other than that a nice figure.
We are getting two psylockes soosoo and toys era.

Im excited for figure masters. Windstorm and their x3 Beast figure

Also we have two Jennifer L mystiques coming, hopefully we will get an update from toys era soon on their figure the other version is figure masters.

See, while I accept that X3 was weaker than X2, I do think the Beast was awesome. Multiple Man was fun. The action scenes had a pacing that the other movies lack and I find them to be among the most exciting in the franchise.

But there were a lot of other things that were really annoying. Hollowing out Jean's story was a mistake. So many cameos that got disintegrated for shock value. Callisto being tweaked for casual plot points. Angel should have got in on the action and ended up in a uniform at the end. X4 should have followed on with Mr Sinister to lay the groundwork for Cable, Rogue gaining super strength, the Marauders, the fall of Angel, and Apocalypse. It was a natural progression that would have showcased the actual X-men.

If you leave out X3, you lose the Wolverine as well, which was good fun, albeit I don't think Viper or Silver Samurai were well done, Mariko was note perfect and the I Dream of Jeannie sections were great.

First Class was a great movie but cocked up the time frame, so the movies I have to leave out are Wolverine Origins and First Class on my rewatches.

DOFP the Rogue cut missed an opportunity to give Rogue her strength. I'm guessing Anna Paquin wasn't available long enough to do any great special effects but a stunt woman could have done the action scenes.

Despite all this, in my head, I'm building my own X-movie head canon. The movies only provide a snapshot. Lots happens in between and Sinister has use for Banshee, Havok, and Apocalypse...

I think x 3 should have just stuck with the cure and sentinel plot leave the phoenix bit out of it.

Be interesting to see which direction the dark phoenix will take us.

Update for storm fans

Good News - figure masters windstorm should be with us by christmas, with new white hair compared to their nicotine promo hair.

Bad News - Five Star Weather Manipulator Cancelled
Do you have a link or pic of the Figure masters windstorm?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back