1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need green in her hair :/

Easy fix. Just wish the hair was a bit longer.

thumb_1046224thumb240.jpg

For the price, you get a good sculpt and 2 sets of clothing (i might actually take the coat/jeans for Jessica Jones lol).

Yeah, she's a classic, if part time, X-man, so I'll probably get her and stick her in uniform but she really should have green hair. I can't believe they'll leave it black?

She'd also make a passable Alex Danvers from Supergirl.

Yeah, she's a classic, if part time, X-man, so I'll probably get her and stick her in uniform but she really should have green hair. I can't believe they'll leave it black?

Yeah, how can you not get that right? Also, got to laugh at the effects they gave her - obvious recasts of those from HT's Scarlet Witch.

the gifted.jpg

the gifted2.jpg

Yeah, how can you not get that right? Also, got to laugh at the effects they gave her - obvious recasts of those from HT's Scarlet Witch.

When the show started, she tried to hide her green hair so she would not to be tagged as a mutant.

As for the effects, nothing much more they could've done. It's similar to SW, but green. ACPLAY released a SW figure, so they just took what they already have.

Not sure what people expect from a 120$ figure from a 3rd party company. Toys Era would've done the same but for double the price.

I like her. Might even put a green tint on her lips but I'd be nervous about applying paint to her hair! If we can nag them to make Psylockes boobs smaller maybe they'll change her hair ��

When the show started, she tried to hide her green hair so she would not to be tagged as a mutant.

As for the effects, nothing much more they could've done. It's similar to SW, but green. ACPLAY released a SW figure, so they just took what they already have.

Not sure what people expect from a 120$ figure from a 3rd party company. Toys Era would've done the same but for double the price.

How long did she keep her hair black - maybe the first 30 minutes of the pilot? :lol Don't want to argue the point, but I'm pretty sure that it was green the majority of Season 1. No issue with their approach on the effects, just found it humorous how blatantly these companies rip off others.

As for what to expect from a $120 figure, I think it's fair to expect the hair color, style & length to be fairly accurate and the likeness to be close to the actress. This one comes up short on all counts. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like they're repurposing an existing sculpt that in their view is "close enough". The outfit looks fine though.

How long did she keep her hair black - maybe the first 30 minutes of the pilot? :lol Don't want to argue the point, but I'm pretty sure that it was green the majority of Season 1. No issue with their approach on the effects, just found it humorous how blatantly these companies rip off others.

As for what to expect from a $120 figure, I think it's fair to expect the hair color, style & length to be fairly accurate and the likeness to be close to the actress. This one comes up short on all counts. Maybe it's just me, but it looks like they're repurposing an existing sculpt that in their view is "close enough". The outfit looks fine though.

I agree that the hair could've been green (but most importantly longer), but it's not a deal breaker for me. When i saw the pic with the orange suit this morning, i immediatly recognized her.

I think the sculpt looks very good.

POLARIS.jpg

Wow, I just saw this on OSK and headed straight over here. Should have known someone would have already posted. Didn't see this coming. I love the show, but I wonder how many people even know about it.

I agree that the hair could've been green (but most importantly longer), but it's not a deal breaker for me. When i saw the pic with the orange suit this morning, i immediatly recognized her.

I think the sculpt looks very good.

View attachment 422397

I think at the very least some green highlights like in the above pic are required, and the hair should definitely be longer. And not so neat & straight - that is not Polaris's look.

I immediately recognized who they were going for by the outfits & effects, but IMO the eyes and mouth look off compared to that of the actress. Even if these features are improved I'll likely pass - simply too many other higher priority/profile figures on order in this time period to justify getting her. But like someone else mentioned, I think that jacket would look good on Jessica Jones. Might try to pick one up down the road if it gets parted out.

Ive not watched the show so no attachment but if she had green hair I would be more inclined to consider it.

Toys Era Cable well and truly teased. I guess him and Iceman are quite far down the line given that we're still waiting for Mystique but the Iceman uniform is pretty much the same as Cyclops so maybe he'll be a faster turnaround.

I'm thinking about getting the Laser Eye figure, but I know there are issues with the body.

From what I can remember the joints are loose and the neck is too short so the hair piece falls off due to pressing against the collar. Is there anything else? What is the best body to do the swap to avoid those issues?

Back