1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bring the xmen! I love the days of future past look. hopefully this line continues. :)

thumbnail_20190525_165004.jpg

Just got mine yesterday too. Honestly I wasn't too impressed. It looks great. However feels really cheap. The body is hollow thin plastic and lacks heft. The clothing is cheap and thin pleather. And the joints, especially those on the ankles and knees are really loose. Im going to need a stand under this guy to hold him up otherwise his legs will collapse under their own weight.

Mine stands fine with bent knees. The boots did come off if I was doing a big angle on his ankle though. I don't mind that he's light so then I don't need a stand for him. I disagree that the clothing is cheap, it doesn't feel that way at all to me and seems to match his movie costume well.

Gah, the wait is killing me. I should have my colossus this week if USPS doesn't keep screwing up :impatient:

Im customing my own "New Mutants" team, so I started with Threezero´s Arya to get my Rahne Sinclair aka WolfsbaneIMG_20190518_152325_204[1].jpg

I got my Toys Era Steel 2.0. Very happy with him, but mine did have the floppy hips. My Venom had the same problem. I fixed Steel 2.0 using the Super Glue trick to tighten up the hips. I took about three application on each side. Now very tight. I'll post pictures later.

Also looks like a Goblin Queen and Scarlet Witch version. Not familiar with the green/yellow costume - Water Girl?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The red and black costume could also be a version of the Black Queen (Jean Grey), since Emma was the White Queen. But could easily pass for the Goblin Queen too, like you said.

The red and black costume could also be a version of the Black Queen (Jean Grey), since Emma was the White Queen. But could easily pass for the Goblin Queen too, like you said.

Yeah - wasn’t sure if it was their take on Jean Grey or Madelyne Pryor. They call it the Goblin Queen, so I assumed they meant Madelyne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think so, but they're so big, what are you going to switch them out with, except maybe the boots from the other Colossus?
After trying several different types of boots and coming to the conclusion they just will not work because like you stated " they're so big". I went a different way. I added to the shoes that was there. Enjoy the pictures.

DSC06675 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06676 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06677 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06678 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06679 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06680 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I got my Toys Era Steel 2.0. Very happy with him, but mine did have the floppy hips. My Venom had the same problem. I fixed Steel 2.0 using the Super Glue trick to tighten up the hips. I took about three application on each side. Now very tight. I'll post pictures later.

I would love to see your pictures. The ones you've posted already look great. I may borrow some of your poses. I'm expecting steel (Colossus) soon. Would you mind posting/sharing the steps or giving me tips in case the hips are loose on mine? I don't really do customizing so I hope it's not too difficult.

Thanks

I would love to see your pictures. The ones you've posted already look great. I may borrow some of your poses. I'm expecting steel (Colossus) soon. Would you mind posting/sharing the steps or giving me tips in case the hips are loose on mine? I don't really do customizing so I hope it's not too difficult.

Thanks

No problem my friend. Remove his clothes. The belt is glued so you will have to peel it apart. Don't worry, it's easy to re-glue after you're done. The pants have a Velcro zipper and are really easy to remove. Turn him upside down and spread the legs. Only do one side at a time. Apply couple of drops of glue on one side where the peg goes into the lower torso. Then start moving it forward and backwards till you feel the hip starts to tighten up. This will take a few minutes so do not let it sit motionless or the glue will set and the leg will be frozen. Keep moving till the glue turns white. You might have to apply the glue again once it drys after each session. It took me three sessions for each side. Only do one side at a time. Just keep it moving till the joint gets tight and the glue turns white. Once you're happy with the tightness of one side, then start the other side. You should be able to put both legs straight out (in a sitting position) and they should stay until you move them back down. If they drop down on their own, do another glue session till they stay up on there own. It really is easy. just follow the instructions. Post pics when you are done.

Thank you, hopefully I won't run into the issue when I get him but I'll post pics if I do it.

Thank you so much 👍

After trying several different types of boots and coming to the conclusion they just will not work because like you stated " they're so big". I went a different way. I added to the shoes that was there. Enjoy the pictures.

DSC06675 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06676 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06677 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06678 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06679 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06680 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

how did you do that? which part is this "socks" that you put on de figure?

how did you do that? which part is this "socks" that you put on de figure?

The shoes are the original shoes he comes with and the upper part is from the DC Direct Deluxe 13" Comedian figure. I cut the shoe off and then just put it in Colossus' shoes. It fits perfectly while allowing articulation and strengthens the ankle.

Back