Gang Boy by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#2 just arrived. Overall it's a good looking figure. Of the three Rainman figures I own I'd rank it 3. The tailoring of the shirt and suspenders is large and requires a lot of futzing around. The pants and belt fit perfectly. The boots look good but make the feet a bit unstable on mine, but that has more to do with the joints on the truetype which are really really loose and that's going to make it hard for me to hold a pose because I never use stands to display my figures. The paint job is excellent, but the neck is a different color so it needs to stay hidden as much as possible. All the accessories look great. Overall it's a really good figure. Here's some crummy cell phone pics.

z5pab.jpg

2n7f6f5.jpg

2vc7zf7.jpg

2qno8jd.jpg

Bummer the neck isn't painted... are all of them like that? I was opted for the painted option by DF studios partially since I thought that would include painting the neck area.

Quick fix for loose ankles... Cut some small strips of electrical tape and wrap them around the balls on the ankle pegs. Don't need a lot and the extra traction helps keep them from sliding around so easily...

#2 just arrived. Overall it's a good looking figure. Of the three Rainman figures I own I'd rank it 3. The tailoring of the shirt and suspenders is large and requires a lot of futzing around. The pants and belt fit perfectly. The boots look good but make the feet a bit unstable on mine, but that has more to do with the joints on the truetype which are really really loose and that's going to make it hard for me to hold a pose because I never use stands to display my figures. The paint job is excellent, but the neck is a different color so it needs to stay hidden as much as possible. All the accessories look great. Overall it's a really good figure. Here's some crummy cell phone pics.

z5pab.jpg

2n7f6f5.jpg

2vc7zf7.jpg

2qno8jd.jpg

Congrats man.

All differant poses so far, it seems like we all leaned towards a similar one with the Dude holding his White Russian being he's more laid back.

Have to say, not happy about that neck thing. :(

Congrats though Woff.

I think the camera exaggerates the difference of the skin tone on the neck and face.

That said, I do agree that the shirt looks a tad too thick. Seems like he's wearing a jacket, while he looks like he's wearing a shirt in the movie. Guess its the corduroy texturing, I suppose. Anyone have the bros production alex? Curious to see what the shirt's like. Might change it to that, if that's more accurate.

WOW seriously blown away by my Alex. Thanks so much Rainman!
IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

Changed the boots, wasn't really feeling the originals. These are temporary, although they look good. Have some better ones on the way.
IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

I just got my Alex sculpt today and WOW! thanks so much Rainman! Amazing job. Congrats to everyone who got one of these amazing pieces of art!

Back