Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Miller quote from back when FR was released has been doing the rounds...

All of the films have no strict chronology. [Mad Max: Fury Road is] probably after Thunderdome, but it’s an ‘episode’ in the life of Max and this world. It’s basically an episode, and it’s us revisiting that world. I never wrote the story – any of the stories – with a chronological connection.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wife and I watched FR last night. It was her first time seeing it and she loved it.

It prompted me to think about the vice grip Miller has had on Mad Max and his control in releasing content related to it.

You just know there's some WB executive sitting at their desk, foaming at the mouth while looking at Mad Max as their ticket to a Fallout-esque TV show, cursing Miller in the process.

While i’m happy to get a new Miller “Max” movie and I am excited to go watch it today I just can’t shake the fact that Max was sadly sacrificed for the unstoppable female agenda.

Hellblade 2 video game just came out and it’s literally a skinny woman with a sword taking on hundreds of 6 foot 6 viking warriors all on her own because you know she totally wouldn’t instantly be killed by the first viking warrior she encountered in real life in a face to face battle lol

The unstoppable woman is fine but not at the expense of Mad freaking Max you know the character the franchise is named after.

sigh

Last edited:
While i’m happy to get a new Miller “Max” movie and I am excited to go watch it today I just can’t shake the fact that Max was sadly sacrificed for the unstoppable female agenda.

Hellblade 2 video game just came out and it’s literally a skinny woman with a sword taking on hundreds of 6 foot 6 viking warriors all on her own because you know she totally wouldn’t instantly be killed by the first viking warrior she encountered in real life in a face to face battle lol

The unstoppable woman is fine but not at the expense of Mad freaking Max you know the character the franchise is named after.

sigh
To be fair, Hellblade is set deeply in Norse mythology and is by no means a historic or based in facts video game. It’s fantasy. :lol I mean, she fights a giant on her way to Helheim. :lol

sigh
I don't see a problem with Miller wanting to tell stories about more than just Max in this world. Especially after already devoting three movies to him.

To be honest, I would be okay if they published Mad Max: The Wasteland as a novel. The cgi I've seen in the clips recently has no place in a Mad Max movie.

sigh

Just be thankful Miller didn’t do a Doctor Who. Max is still out there… somewhere.

This movie gonna bomb my theater is empty for my viewing later today :horror

Yeah my preview screening was only half full. 😱

Just got out.

My fear from day one after they announced Hemsworth as the main antagonist was that he was miscast.

Unfortunately my fears came true.

He just did not cut it for me.

He was a weak villain with almost impossible. dialogue to comprehend although his final scene with Furiosa was very well done.

Anya was the standout she really was mesmerizing and unlike Hemsworth was perfectly cast as Furiosa.

Her eyes were striking and she stood out with a very good performance.

The “solid snake” looking character that I was not expecting to be in this movie was also very well done.

I almost liked him more as a Max type character than Harding.

I thought they were going somewhere with his connection to Furiosa but it didn’t pan out as I was hoping.

Furioss’s final vehicle is spectacular sounding.

Immortan Joe literally sounded like Bane wtf lol

The way she lost her arm was very anti-climatic.

The movie definitely has pacing issues due to its runtime and for a quick moment there it got a little boring.

Fury Road was better paced…MUCH BETTER!

Don’t get me wrong there were some very good parts and great looking long distance desert visuals.

The cgi did bug me. :crying

Her final scene didn’t work for me it was rushed just to set up Fury Road there was no need for that.

Look I didn’t hate the movie not at all but what’s that famous saying…

A movie is only as good as its villain allows it to be, and their lies my problem.

I will not be returning to the cinema to watch this like I did with Dune 2. :horror

So the question everybody wants to know, is it better than Thunderdome?

The answer to that is…..

Yes.

Just got out.

Furiosa was very well done.

Anya was the standout she really was mesmerizing ...

Her eyes were striking and she stood out with a very good performance.

The “solid snake” looking character ...also very well done.

I ...liked him more as a Max !!!!!

Furioss’s final vehicle is spectacular sounding.

Immortan Joe literally sounded like Bane (and I love Bane)

The way she lost her arm was very anti-climatic.

...great looking long distance desert visuals.

So the question everybody wants to know, is it better than Thunderdome?

The answer to that is…..

Yes.

FANTASTIC REVIEW!!!!

200w.gif

Speaking of Thunderdome, it’s the one film of the OT that most resembles the new ones. It’s like a bridge between the old and the new.

No doubt budget has played a part, but there’s been a definite evolution in Miller’s world building.

The downside is there's now more dune buggies and less Interceptor, thought I did appreciate the RW callbacks in Furiosa.

Last edited:
I missed that, and evidently most of the CGI. Maybe I shoulda worn my glasses.
During the climax when
Spoiler Spoiler:

The cgi background and cgi stunt men falling off vehicles bugged me.

Back