Full Size Iron Man bust from Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess SS only took their time and did the job right on this 1 bust....look how perfect that paint job is!
Its obvious it even has a good layer of clear coat...this is how all these busts should have come out, it isnt hard to do something like this. I've been in the car business for years, and I've seen amature car painters do a better job than the bust that was sent to me.
Im debating if I should order another one from SS and get it painted properly....but I dont want to dump more money into an already over priced bust. I cant see these things going up in value at ALL having all that bad press following this thing. So should I wait for them to come down in price to get one and repaint...or buy now cause prices may always stay about the same for this thing.

Chris

Misc015.jpg

sometimes is good to post pics of perfect one just to remind us how amazing a perfect painted IM cant be.

Misc015.jpg

sometimes is good to post pics of perfect one just to remind us how amazing a perfect painted IM cant be.

Thanks for the pics, very soon I will be attempting to shine mine up! He has a slight smudge on the forehead and I want him to be a little lighter in color. Anyways, Im still very happy with the overall bust, especially now that its next the MK II!

v5xugo.jpg

That is amazing looking MK II. Atheris about the price issue of Iron Man busts, I don't believe there will be much of price drop, but on the other hand I don't see rapid rises at the moment either. Perhaps when Iron Man II hits theatre there will be demand for these busts and we who already own one smile happily. Overall in the future, the value will go up...

Maybe not. RDJ confirmed that the suit is being "improved" upon. If they change the facial structure which they could, there'd be a new Iron Man 1:1 and many people would get that in place of an expensive Iron Man 1 1:1 piece.

Truly jealous of this pic. Would have fought tooth and nail for it if I didn't hear it on good authority that we'd get a SSC Iron Man Mark 2 1:1 bust in due time. Of course....the closer and closer we get to 2010 the less and less likely it is to happen.

Maybe not. RDJ confirmed that the suit is being "improved" upon. If they change the facial structure which they could, there'd be a new Iron Man 1:1 and many people would get that in place of an expensive Iron Man 1 1:1 piece.

Well that could happend :(, but I always find special value to this bust, since it was one of the last works Stan Winston was involved with :bow

Truly jealous of this pic. Would have fought tooth and nail for it if I didn't hear it on good authority that we'd get a SSC Iron Man Mark 2 1:1 bust in due time. Of course....the closer and closer we get to 2010 the less and less likely it is to happen.

Tick tock, tick tock! :D

Im just kidding mike, no need to be jealous! You have some killer Im stuff yourself! Im sure I could say the very same thing about your collection!

So can anyone answer this question for me?

How is Sideshow "out or replacements" when they apparently have the IM 1:1 bust IN STOCK?!?!?!

And they were selling some "flawed" busts for $650, but yet they have regular ones IN STOCK??? If you ask me, I'd MUCH rather pay an extra $50 to have the option of returning it or getting it replace..... Anyone?

I just got my replacement and it still has some issues. It is better than the first one I received, but still not "perfect". Most annoyingly, there is a rattling coming from inside the base...I know it's not going to be moved often, but for a $700 piece, the rattling makes the quality seem very sub-standard. I know it's not going to be moved often, but it's still annoying.

I just got my replacement and it still has some issues. It is better than the first one I received, but still not "perfect". Most annoyingly, there is a rattling coming from inside the base...I know it's not going to be moved often, but for a $700 piece, the rattling makes the quality seem very sub-standard. I know it's not going to be moved often, but it's still annoying.

Trust me, I totally understand. Many have said NUMEROUS times that I high-dollar item like this has NO room for error. I'm just wondering WHY Sideshow is still handing out these sub-standard pieces and why they don't FIX them!!! :confused:

Can you tell I'm bitter??? This item was the biggest let down of the century....:sick

Can you tell I'm bitter??? This item was the biggest let down of the century....:sick

Not an "I-told-you-so" by any means, but I think quite a few of us saw this coming based on the track record with other products with similar finishes.

I was a skeptic from the start, at the Con.

Wow! Looks like you got a flawless IM 1:1???

Nice pics though :) What kind of camera did you get?

Nah not flawless. I took out an airbrush and resprayed it. Honestly i don't understand why SS dropped the ball on this one.

Its basically 2 colours ; metallic red and gold paint

Its the first time i'm doing this (a friend gave me an airbrush and another one helped me with the first coat)

Just need to mask and spray :eek:

Hope they do a better job on the mark 2

p.s. got a nikon D70 for the pics :D

Not an "I-told-you-so" by any means, but I think quite a few of us saw this coming based on the track record with other products with similar finishes.

I was a skeptic from the start, at the Con.

Same here I cancelled my order after seeing it in person.. The Proto at the con had blotchy paint app.. Not worth the price of admission.. I knew there would be an uproar at 700 bones.. Aside from the ever loyal fanbois and sideshow hoes..

So can anyone answer this question for me?

How is Sideshow "out or replacements" when they apparently have the IM 1:1 bust IN STOCK?!?!?!

And they were selling some "flawed" busts for $650, but yet they have regular ones IN STOCK??? If you ask me, I'd MUCH rather pay an extra $50 to have the option of returning it or getting it replace..... Anyone?

i think most people would rather have the mint version for another $50, but it would appear that ssc is managing to see these subpar versions, since quantity seems to always decline. but for $50, not for me.:peace

This bust will sit on shelves for a LONGGGG time...SS is going to have a hard time giving these away. I just dont think they know it yet...

Chris

Back